Jennifer Lawrence Burned Out; to Retire from Acting?
By Annie Dee | February 26, 2014 7:40 PM EST
Jennifer Lawrence is set to take a one-year break from the movies. No one could really blame her, as she has been the epitome of a hardworking girl for the past year, completing 8 movies in 12 months, according to Glamour Magazine.
According to Harvey Weinstein, who produced and worked with the young A-list actress in the "Silver Linings Playbook," Lawrence is going to take an extended break to rest after working so hard and being part of the biggest movies in the last year and the years before that.
Ever since her breakthrough role in Winter's Bone, an Indie hit back in 2010, which got her first Oscar nomination, she already did 13 films in a span of 4 years. This includes playing the protagonist of the famous young adult dystopian fiction turned movie, the Hunger Games saga.
Lawrence is too young to do so much without resting. She is currently 23. Harvey Weinstein shared that "She's going to have a long break for a year where she won't do anything. It's been nonstop for her and she deserves a rest." In fact, the rest is long overdue. But because the actress is too nice and too determined to show what she can do, that rest has been postponed up until now. "Jennifer is too nice and will do people favours and agrees to do a movie like 'American Hustle' when she could have had a rest." Weinstein added.
Director David O. Russel was not as nice when describing how Lawrence worked. The director of the Silver Linings Playbook and American Hustle, two of J. Law's remarkable movies, said that Lawrence's commitments to Hunger Games are almost akin to slavery. He said, ""I'll tell you what it is about that girl - talk about 12 Years of Slavery, that's what the [Hunger Games] franchise is - and I'm going to get in so much trouble for saying that," he was quoted as saying at the AACTA'S in LA in January."
Some people were not too happy about his comment, but this does not belie the need of the actress to get away from it all and take a long rest. What Jennifer Lawrence will do while on break is still up on the rumour mill, with the Glamour Magazine hinting that the actress might be in the UK house hunting with her boyfriend, Nicholas Hoult.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Sept. 22-26 Spoilers: Updates On Nick And Sharon’s Wedding, Hilary, Neil, Phyllis, Chelsea, Billy And More
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border