Jennifer Lawrence Burned Out; to Retire from Acting?
By Annie Dee | February 26, 2014 7:40 PM EST
Jennifer Lawrence is set to take a one-year break from the movies. No one could really blame her, as she has been the epitome of a hardworking girl for the past year, completing 8 movies in 12 months, according to Glamour Magazine.
According to Harvey Weinstein, who produced and worked with the young A-list actress in the "Silver Linings Playbook," Lawrence is going to take an extended break to rest after working so hard and being part of the biggest movies in the last year and the years before that.
Ever since her breakthrough role in Winter's Bone, an Indie hit back in 2010, which got her first Oscar nomination, she already did 13 films in a span of 4 years. This includes playing the protagonist of the famous young adult dystopian fiction turned movie, the Hunger Games saga.
Lawrence is too young to do so much without resting. She is currently 23. Harvey Weinstein shared that "She's going to have a long break for a year where she won't do anything. It's been nonstop for her and she deserves a rest." In fact, the rest is long overdue. But because the actress is too nice and too determined to show what she can do, that rest has been postponed up until now. "Jennifer is too nice and will do people favours and agrees to do a movie like 'American Hustle' when she could have had a rest." Weinstein added.
Director David O. Russel was not as nice when describing how Lawrence worked. The director of the Silver Linings Playbook and American Hustle, two of J. Law's remarkable movies, said that Lawrence's commitments to Hunger Games are almost akin to slavery. He said, ""I'll tell you what it is about that girl - talk about 12 Years of Slavery, that's what the [Hunger Games] franchise is - and I'm going to get in so much trouble for saying that," he was quoted as saying at the AACTA'S in LA in January."
Some people were not too happy about his comment, but this does not belie the need of the actress to get away from it all and take a long rest. What Jennifer Lawrence will do while on break is still up on the rumour mill, with the Glamour Magazine hinting that the actress might be in the UK house hunting with her boyfriend, Nicholas Hoult.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports