Jennifer Lawrence Burned Out; to Retire from Acting?
By Annie Dee | February 26, 2014 7:40 PM EST
Jennifer Lawrence is set to take a one-year break from the movies. No one could really blame her, as she has been the epitome of a hardworking girl for the past year, completing 8 movies in 12 months, according to Glamour Magazine.
According to Harvey Weinstein, who produced and worked with the young A-list actress in the "Silver Linings Playbook," Lawrence is going to take an extended break to rest after working so hard and being part of the biggest movies in the last year and the years before that.
Ever since her breakthrough role in Winter's Bone, an Indie hit back in 2010, which got her first Oscar nomination, she already did 13 films in a span of 4 years. This includes playing the protagonist of the famous young adult dystopian fiction turned movie, the Hunger Games saga.
Lawrence is too young to do so much without resting. She is currently 23. Harvey Weinstein shared that "She's going to have a long break for a year where she won't do anything. It's been nonstop for her and she deserves a rest." In fact, the rest is long overdue. But because the actress is too nice and too determined to show what she can do, that rest has been postponed up until now. "Jennifer is too nice and will do people favours and agrees to do a movie like 'American Hustle' when she could have had a rest." Weinstein added.
Director David O. Russel was not as nice when describing how Lawrence worked. The director of the Silver Linings Playbook and American Hustle, two of J. Law's remarkable movies, said that Lawrence's commitments to Hunger Games are almost akin to slavery. He said, ""I'll tell you what it is about that girl - talk about 12 Years of Slavery, that's what the [Hunger Games] franchise is - and I'm going to get in so much trouble for saying that," he was quoted as saying at the AACTA'S in LA in January."
Some people were not too happy about his comment, but this does not belie the need of the actress to get away from it all and take a long rest. What Jennifer Lawrence will do while on break is still up on the rumour mill, with the Glamour Magazine hinting that the actress might be in the UK house hunting with her boyfriend, Nicholas Hoult.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies’ New Images Of Bard And Smaug In Battle
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report