'American Idol' 2014 Idol Insider: Meet the Top 13 Finalists at the Idol Party [WATCH VIDEO]
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | February 26, 2014 7:00 PM EST
"It was crazy," the majority of the "American Idol" 2014 finalists described the Top 13 Idol Party. The AI contestants at the party were excited, nervous,and ready to earn America's votes. Idol Insider got to interview the AI finalists after the rush was over.
The Top 13 Idol Party seemed to bubble with energy as the finalists shared their thoughts and experiences on the party and what seemed like the once-in-a-lifetime experience when Ryan Seacrest, American Idol host, called their names on Rush Week when the results for the Top 13 was revealed.
"It's kind of everything that I hoped it would be. I've been dreaming about this moment for my whole life..." Jena Ascuitto who was one of the judges' wildcard picks described the party to Idol Insider.
For young and talented Majesty Rose, she said that she feels like she's on top of the world.
Rush Week had been really a rush for everybody. Harry Connick Jr., the new judge for American Idol, described rush week to Entertainment Weekly as definitely more intense, and a much more in-your-face, rapid-fire way of doing AI. The Top 15 girls were cut down to 10, leaving the 5 who didn't make it unable to perform. It was the same with the Top 15 boys.
"You know, I was sitting over there and I was like, you know I'm so proud of everything I've done, and you know I'm just trying to keep my spirits up. But I know I want this so bad. So when they called my name I was like, I'm ready to bring it, let's do it," Kristen O'Connor said, sharing her experience as one of the judges' wildcard picks, like Ascuitto, who had to sing for her life.
"It was unreal to me. I was shaking in my boots when I was sitting down, you know," Sam Woolf described his experience with a laugh.
Jessica Meuse, on the other hand, compared herself to a dear caught in the headlights.
Malaya Watson felt like in the end, despite all the rush, everything turned out good. Her name was called last on the voters' pick before the judges called on the wildcards.
American Idol Season 13 is stepping up the game for the 13 finalists as they sing for America's votes on Feb. 26.
"America's going to get some soulful, theatrical, convicted, over the top, intense, insane, amazing rock and roll," Caleb Johnson told Idol Insider while making a sound that felt like he was about ready to do what he was saying.
"Only time we get this is when Alabama wins national championship...this is crazy," Dexter Roberts said. He was spot on with the crazy thing.
Roberts was not the only one who described everything that was happening on American Idol as "crazy." Watch the Idol Insider video (courtesy of YouTube/VEVO) above to view the complete interview with the Idol finalists by Idol Insider.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- G20 Summit in Nov: No Consensus to Bar Russia, Putin Open to Attend in Australia