'American Idol' 2014 Idol Insider: Meet the Top 13 Finalists at the Idol Party [WATCH VIDEO]
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | February 26, 2014 7:00 PM EST
"It was crazy," the majority of the "American Idol" 2014 finalists described the Top 13 Idol Party. The AI contestants at the party were excited, nervous,and ready to earn America's votes. Idol Insider got to interview the AI finalists after the rush was over.
The Top 13 Idol Party seemed to bubble with energy as the finalists shared their thoughts and experiences on the party and what seemed like the once-in-a-lifetime experience when Ryan Seacrest, American Idol host, called their names on Rush Week when the results for the Top 13 was revealed.
"It's kind of everything that I hoped it would be. I've been dreaming about this moment for my whole life..." Jena Ascuitto who was one of the judges' wildcard picks described the party to Idol Insider.
For young and talented Majesty Rose, she said that she feels like she's on top of the world.
Rush Week had been really a rush for everybody. Harry Connick Jr., the new judge for American Idol, described rush week to Entertainment Weekly as definitely more intense, and a much more in-your-face, rapid-fire way of doing AI. The Top 15 girls were cut down to 10, leaving the 5 who didn't make it unable to perform. It was the same with the Top 15 boys.
"You know, I was sitting over there and I was like, you know I'm so proud of everything I've done, and you know I'm just trying to keep my spirits up. But I know I want this so bad. So when they called my name I was like, I'm ready to bring it, let's do it," Kristen O'Connor said, sharing her experience as one of the judges' wildcard picks, like Ascuitto, who had to sing for her life.
"It was unreal to me. I was shaking in my boots when I was sitting down, you know," Sam Woolf described his experience with a laugh.
Jessica Meuse, on the other hand, compared herself to a dear caught in the headlights.
Malaya Watson felt like in the end, despite all the rush, everything turned out good. Her name was called last on the voters' pick before the judges called on the wildcards.
American Idol Season 13 is stepping up the game for the 13 finalists as they sing for America's votes on Feb. 26.
"America's going to get some soulful, theatrical, convicted, over the top, intense, insane, amazing rock and roll," Caleb Johnson told Idol Insider while making a sound that felt like he was about ready to do what he was saying.
"Only time we get this is when Alabama wins national championship...this is crazy," Dexter Roberts said. He was spot on with the crazy thing.
Roberts was not the only one who described everything that was happening on American Idol as "crazy." Watch the Idol Insider video (courtesy of YouTube/VEVO) above to view the complete interview with the Idol finalists by Idol Insider.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 21 Spoilers: Nick Shocks His Family And Summer’s Past Gets Revealed
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- Julie Bishop Condemns Barack Obama For Overlooking Australia’s Commitment in Protecting Great Barrier Reef