‘Young and the Restless’ Casting Spoilers: Adam Newman Not Dead, Remains Central to the Show; Michael Muhney to be Replaced?
By jaskiran kaur | February 26, 2014 6:04 PM EST
CBS' long-running day time soap opera "Young and the Restless" had some significant characters replaced and some much-loved actors exit the show in past few months. Such abrupt changes in storyline and casting of the super hit daily soap opera brought "Y&R" under wide criticism. While Billy Miller's Billly Abbott was replaced by David Tom, Michael Muhney's Adam Newman was shown missing in "The Young and the Restless." All these and more disappointed its fans who were determined to boycott the show.
For a long time after Michael Muhney's firing, it was being speculated if Adam Newman is actually dead. But the recent update is Adam Newman is not dead and he may return to "Young and the Restless," sooner or later. Two months after, Michael Muhney's controversial firing from the "Y&R," CBS is now auditioning to find a new actor who would replace Michael Muhney and play his popular and much-admired character Adam Newman.
"There are active auditions going on" in a hunt of new actor to take Michael Muhney's place in "The Young and the Restless," told the insider to RadarOnline.com.
Reportedly, producers are still auditioning for the role as they haven't yet found the actor who is best suited for the character so popular. Producers wish to find someone who "audience will grow to love," revealed the insider to RadarOnline.com.
Adam Newman has been one of the significant characters of the long-running show "The Young and the Restless." In the wake Michael Muhney's firing from the show, his character Adam Newman was shown to meet with an explosive accident in the actor's last episode. As per the report, the character who was thought to be dead will return, once the producers have found the suitable actor to play the role.
Reportedly, Adam Newman will remain "central to the show." And it is said that the "storyline is being written" about the character.
Michael Muhney's Adam Newman last appeared on Jan. 30, 2014 episode of "The Young and the Restless." The much-loved actor was fired due to the sexual harassment allegations on him. He was fired by producer Jill Farren Phelps because he was allegedly accused of sexually harassing much younger co-star Hunter King, for multiple times. His sudden firing or dismissal from "Y&R" led to mass protests by fans who created communities and groups on various social media sites to show support. They also flew banners that read "#Team Muhney Walks With Michael," on the day his last episode aired.
During Michael Muhney's firing controversy, rumors surfaced claiming on-set rivalries, fights, drama and more.
The source revealed that Adam Newman role will go to the person who would not instigate any such situation.
"If there is even a hint of diva behavior, or drama, the role won't go to that person. Period. Everyone wants to move on from that disaster," revealed the insider to RadarOnline.com.
Do you think Michael Muhney is replaceable? Are you excited for Adam Newman's return to "The Young and the Restless?" Do you think new actor playing Adam Newman will be able to do justice to the character who fans grew to love in "Y&R?"
For more spoilers on "The Young and the Restless," read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7'—5 Villains To Feature In The Movie, According To Reported Leaks [Spoilers]
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4