‘Young and the Restless’ Casting Spoilers: Adam Newman Not Dead, Remains Central to the Show; Michael Muhney to be Replaced?
By jaskiran kaur | February 26, 2014 6:04 PM EST
CBS' long-running day time soap opera "Young and the Restless" had some significant characters replaced and some much-loved actors exit the show in past few months. Such abrupt changes in storyline and casting of the super hit daily soap opera brought "Y&R" under wide criticism. While Billy Miller's Billly Abbott was replaced by David Tom, Michael Muhney's Adam Newman was shown missing in "The Young and the Restless." All these and more disappointed its fans who were determined to boycott the show.
For a long time after Michael Muhney's firing, it was being speculated if Adam Newman is actually dead. But the recent update is Adam Newman is not dead and he may return to "Young and the Restless," sooner or later. Two months after, Michael Muhney's controversial firing from the "Y&R," CBS is now auditioning to find a new actor who would replace Michael Muhney and play his popular and much-admired character Adam Newman.
"There are active auditions going on" in a hunt of new actor to take Michael Muhney's place in "The Young and the Restless," told the insider to RadarOnline.com.
Reportedly, producers are still auditioning for the role as they haven't yet found the actor who is best suited for the character so popular. Producers wish to find someone who "audience will grow to love," revealed the insider to RadarOnline.com.
Adam Newman has been one of the significant characters of the long-running show "The Young and the Restless." In the wake Michael Muhney's firing from the show, his character Adam Newman was shown to meet with an explosive accident in the actor's last episode. As per the report, the character who was thought to be dead will return, once the producers have found the suitable actor to play the role.
Reportedly, Adam Newman will remain "central to the show." And it is said that the "storyline is being written" about the character.
Michael Muhney's Adam Newman last appeared on Jan. 30, 2014 episode of "The Young and the Restless." The much-loved actor was fired due to the sexual harassment allegations on him. He was fired by producer Jill Farren Phelps because he was allegedly accused of sexually harassing much younger co-star Hunter King, for multiple times. His sudden firing or dismissal from "Y&R" led to mass protests by fans who created communities and groups on various social media sites to show support. They also flew banners that read "#Team Muhney Walks With Michael," on the day his last episode aired.
During Michael Muhney's firing controversy, rumors surfaced claiming on-set rivalries, fights, drama and more.
The source revealed that Adam Newman role will go to the person who would not instigate any such situation.
"If there is even a hint of diva behavior, or drama, the role won't go to that person. Period. Everyone wants to move on from that disaster," revealed the insider to RadarOnline.com.
Do you think Michael Muhney is replaceable? Are you excited for Adam Newman's return to "The Young and the Restless?" Do you think new actor playing Adam Newman will be able to do justice to the character who fans grew to love in "Y&R?"
For more spoilers on "The Young and the Restless," read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage