Samsung Galaxy Note 2 vs. Nokia Lumia 1020 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | February 26, 2014 6:01 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 or the Nokia Lumia 1020, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 comes with a 5.5 inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 720 x 1280 pixels resolution. The Nokia Lumia 1020 comes with a 4.5 inch AMOLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 768 x 1280 pixels resolution.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 comes with 151.1 x 80.5 x 9.4 mm dimensions and weighs 183 grams. The Nokia Lumia 1020 comes with 130.4 x 71.4 x 10.4 mm dimensions and weighs 158 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is equipped with a 1.6 GHz quad core cortex A9 processor and Exynos 4412 Quad chipset. It comes in 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Nokia Lumia 1020 is equipped with a 1.5 GHz dual core krait processor and Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon chipset. It comes with 32 GB of internal memory and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system whereas the Nokia Lumia 1020 runs on the Microsoft Windows Phone 8 operating system, which can be upgraded to the WP8 Black. Both the devices have 2 GB of RAM.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.9 MP. The Nokia Lumia 1020 sports a 41 MP primary camera with Carl Zeiss optics, optical image stabilization, auto or manual focus and Xenon and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.2 MP.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 comes with a Li-Ion 3100 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 16 hours on 3G. The Nokia Lumia 1020 comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 2000 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 13 hours and 20 minutes on 3G.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16 GB variant is priced at around AU $499.95. The Nokia Lumia 1020 is priced at around AU $699.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 vs. Galaxy Trend 2 Duos Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 vs. Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Specs comparison [Read]
Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 vs. Nokia Lumia 520 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight