Ambareesh Recovering, will be out of Ventilator Support Soon
By Roshni Mahesh | February 26, 2014 5:54 PM EST
Kannada actor Ambareesh is recovering fast from the lung infection and soon will be taken off the ventilator support, doctors revealed to the media on Tuesday.
Ambareesh receovering well, will be taken off the ventilator soon.
Dr Raveesh, one of the doctors attending to the political leader said that his health condition has improved significantly, Deccan Herald reported.
"We have reduced the dosage of sedation drugs. His condition has improved," Dr Raveesh, said.
The 61-year-old Karnataka Housing Minister was admitted to Vikram Hospital in Millers Road last Friday, with a series of health problems. At the time of admission, he was suffering from severe breathing problems and fever, mainly caused by a serious lung infection, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), a diagnostic report stated. Doctors said that the lung infection was caused by sudden changes in the climate. The politician also suffers from mild renal impairment, hypertension, diabetes and a sleep disorder known as obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA).
The actor is under the medical supervision of 10 doctors at the hospital.
Though the actor is still in the intensive care unit, on various types of medical supports including ventilator, nebulizers and intravenous antibiotics; doctors are planning to reduce the drug dosages and supports gradually. "There is improvement in his respiratory function. Interventions have been done for stabilisation of his pulmonary function to enable the patient to be taken off ventilator support," a hospital statement, read, The Hindu reported.
Fans and friends of the actor -turned-politician has been praying hard for his speedy recovery, since the day he was hospitalized. "Praying the almighty God for the Speedy recovery of my best friend, great Human being, Ambareesh," Telugu actor Mohan Babu, tweeted Feb 22, Saturday. Mohan Babu along with his son Vishnu Manchu visited the veteran on Sunday.
"Just heard that #Ambareesh sir had been hospitalised. Hope he recovers soon.. All our prayers are with him! Get well soon sir!" actress Kriti Kharbanda, wrote.
"Just met with Ambareesh uncle at the hospital. He's talking, his usual self.. Wants to go home!! :)," actress and MP Ramya (Divya Spandana), wrote. "He is stable and should be back on his feet in the next few days.Let's pray for his speedy recovery."
Meanwhile, the Rebel Star's only son with actress Sumalatha, Abhishek Gowda, who is studying abroad (London) has reached Bangalore to take care of his father.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Super Model Andreja Pejic Confirms Identity As Transgender
- Complete Darkness at Night Key Brings Maximum Success of Breast Cancer Therapy: Latest Study Reveals
- 9 Tips For Surviving a Plane Crash
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Six Seconds of Exercise 'Can Transform Health': Study Reveals
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]