Ambareesh Recovering, will be out of Ventilator Support Soon
By Roshni Mahesh | February 26, 2014 5:54 PM EST
Kannada actor Ambareesh is recovering fast from the lung infection and soon will be taken off the ventilator support, doctors revealed to the media on Tuesday.
Ambareesh receovering well, will be taken off the ventilator soon.
Dr Raveesh, one of the doctors attending to the political leader said that his health condition has improved significantly, Deccan Herald reported.
"We have reduced the dosage of sedation drugs. His condition has improved," Dr Raveesh, said.
The 61-year-old Karnataka Housing Minister was admitted to Vikram Hospital in Millers Road last Friday, with a series of health problems. At the time of admission, he was suffering from severe breathing problems and fever, mainly caused by a serious lung infection, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), a diagnostic report stated. Doctors said that the lung infection was caused by sudden changes in the climate. The politician also suffers from mild renal impairment, hypertension, diabetes and a sleep disorder known as obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA).
The actor is under the medical supervision of 10 doctors at the hospital.
Though the actor is still in the intensive care unit, on various types of medical supports including ventilator, nebulizers and intravenous antibiotics; doctors are planning to reduce the drug dosages and supports gradually. "There is improvement in his respiratory function. Interventions have been done for stabilisation of his pulmonary function to enable the patient to be taken off ventilator support," a hospital statement, read, The Hindu reported.
Fans and friends of the actor -turned-politician has been praying hard for his speedy recovery, since the day he was hospitalized. "Praying the almighty God for the Speedy recovery of my best friend, great Human being, Ambareesh," Telugu actor Mohan Babu, tweeted Feb 22, Saturday. Mohan Babu along with his son Vishnu Manchu visited the veteran on Sunday.
"Just heard that #Ambareesh sir had been hospitalised. Hope he recovers soon.. All our prayers are with him! Get well soon sir!" actress Kriti Kharbanda, wrote.
"Just met with Ambareesh uncle at the hospital. He's talking, his usual self.. Wants to go home!! :)," actress and MP Ramya (Divya Spandana), wrote. "He is stable and should be back on his feet in the next few days.Let's pray for his speedy recovery."
Meanwhile, the Rebel Star's only son with actress Sumalatha, Abhishek Gowda, who is studying abroad (London) has reached Bangalore to take care of his father.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Boxing News 2014: 12 Days to Mayweather-Maidana Rematch; Money May’s Bikram Yoga Routine Includes Placing $100 Bills Around Mat
- Bill Clinton Credits Sugar-Free Diet For Weight Loss: A Vegan Diet If Not Followed Properly Can Cause Weight Gain
- Overdose Of Prescription Drug Oxycodone Even Deadlier Than Heroin
- The Secret Behind HIV Infection Found: Reasons Why It Could Not Be Eradicated
- 5 Celebrity Couples Who Stood The Test Of Hollywood
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying