Ambareesh Recovering, will be out of Ventilator Support Soon
By Roshni Mahesh | February 26, 2014 5:54 PM EST
Kannada actor Ambareesh is recovering fast from the lung infection and soon will be taken off the ventilator support, doctors revealed to the media on Tuesday.
Ambareesh receovering well, will be taken off the ventilator soon.
Dr Raveesh, one of the doctors attending to the political leader said that his health condition has improved significantly, Deccan Herald reported.
"We have reduced the dosage of sedation drugs. His condition has improved," Dr Raveesh, said.
The 61-year-old Karnataka Housing Minister was admitted to Vikram Hospital in Millers Road last Friday, with a series of health problems. At the time of admission, he was suffering from severe breathing problems and fever, mainly caused by a serious lung infection, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), a diagnostic report stated. Doctors said that the lung infection was caused by sudden changes in the climate. The politician also suffers from mild renal impairment, hypertension, diabetes and a sleep disorder known as obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA).
The actor is under the medical supervision of 10 doctors at the hospital.
Though the actor is still in the intensive care unit, on various types of medical supports including ventilator, nebulizers and intravenous antibiotics; doctors are planning to reduce the drug dosages and supports gradually. "There is improvement in his respiratory function. Interventions have been done for stabilisation of his pulmonary function to enable the patient to be taken off ventilator support," a hospital statement, read, The Hindu reported.
Fans and friends of the actor -turned-politician has been praying hard for his speedy recovery, since the day he was hospitalized. "Praying the almighty God for the Speedy recovery of my best friend, great Human being, Ambareesh," Telugu actor Mohan Babu, tweeted Feb 22, Saturday. Mohan Babu along with his son Vishnu Manchu visited the veteran on Sunday.
"Just heard that #Ambareesh sir had been hospitalised. Hope he recovers soon.. All our prayers are with him! Get well soon sir!" actress Kriti Kharbanda, wrote.
"Just met with Ambareesh uncle at the hospital. He's talking, his usual self.. Wants to go home!! :)," actress and MP Ramya (Divya Spandana), wrote. "He is stable and should be back on his feet in the next few days.Let's pray for his speedy recovery."
Meanwhile, the Rebel Star's only son with actress Sumalatha, Abhishek Gowda, who is studying abroad (London) has reached Bangalore to take care of his father.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Co-founder of ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, Corey Griffin, Drowns to Death
- Science of Depression: A Disease With a Biological Basis; Robin Williams A Victiom of the Disease [Watch Video]
- ALS sufferer takes on Ice Bucket Challenge For His Own Cause[Video]
- U.S. Pizza to Launch Sauces Laced with Marijuana
- Pornography: A 'Chemical Addiction' That Celebrities Admitted Being Addicted To
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch