iPad Pro Release Date Pushed Back to 2015; iPad Air 2 Coming This Year, Says Analyst
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 26, 2014 5:53 PM EST
Reliable KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo believed that iPad Pro will not make an appearance this year and may be launched next year. He also said that the Cupertino based company will release an upgraded iPad Air this year.
iDigitalTimes quoted Mr Kuo as saying, "compared with lower-margin iPad mini with Retina display, which shipments has been tepid, higher-margin iPad Air was a hot selling item in 4Q13, which will slow Apple in developing new iPad mini models. We believe Apple plans to launch upgraded iPad Air early this year, and will accelerate development of 12.9" iPad. As such, more resources will be allocated to these two products, which will affect the progress of the development of new iPad mini. All told, we think chances of the debut of a new iPad mini in 2H14 are slim. In addition, the 12.9" iPad is unlikely to be offered in 2014. For these reasons, we predict the only new iPad product in 2H14 will be the upgraded iPad Air."
Aside from the updated iPad Air, Apple seemed to shift its focus on the rumoured iWatch, which he believes will be launched in 2014. The rumoured smartwatch has been getting a lot of attention lately, especially after Apple hired a wide variety of health and medical experts for the upcoming wearable device. Moreover, the wearable device is claimed to pack a sapphire screen display.
Consumers who are eagerly waiting for a supposed hybrid tablet may have to wait a little longer for the release of the iPad Pro in 2015.
Meanwhile, rumours claimed that the iPad Pro will come in two variants packing different resolutions. Both models will pack 12.9-inch screen size but will come with varying screen resolutions - 2K and 4K display. However, Apple has not disclosed any details yet. The device's bezels may be hyper-sensitive as Apple patent suggested that iPad Pro will pack pressure-sensitive bezels, which will have pressure sensors on the bezel that may eliminate the physical home button and be replaced by capacitive or virtual buttons.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates