Galaxy S5 vs. iPhone 5s: Samsung and Apple Flagships War
By Karla Danica Figuerres | February 26, 2014 5:44 PM EST
Samsung and Apple have been rivals for quite some time. The two tech giants are fighting to be the best premium smartphone in the market and Samsung's giving a huge punch with the Galaxy S5. Here is a comparison between the Samsung Galaxy S5 and the iPhone 5s. Which smartphone wins the flagship war?
Samsung Galaxy S5
5.1 FHD Super AMOLED 1920 x 1080
2.5-GHz quad-core Snapdragon 805
16GB/32GB (expandable to 64GB)
30 fps 1080p video, real-time HDR
802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0
Android 4.4.2 KitKat
16MP rear, 2.1MP front
5.59 x 2.85 x 0.32 inches
Apple iPhone 5s
4 inches 1136 x 640 multi-touch display
64-bit A7 processor
30 fps 1080p video, 120 fps slow-motion video at 720p
802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0
Apple iOS 7
8MP rear, 1.2MP front
4.87 x 2.31 0.3 inches
If you think the bigger is better, then the Samsung Galaxy S5 wins your heart at once. The Galaxy S5 checks in at 5.59 x 2.85 x 0.32 inches and 5.11 ounces which makes it bigger and heavier than the iPhone 5s which checks in at 4.87 x 2.31 x 0.3-inch and 3.95 ounces.
The new flagship device from Samsung sports a soft-touch design and textured back dots for extra grip. Also, the back can be removed to switch the battery which you can't do with the iPhone 5s.
Like the iPhone 5s, the Samsung Galaxy S5 features a fingerprint scanner, which can be used to unlock the phone, secure documents stored into the Private Mode and authorise payments via Paypal.
In a nutshell, the Samsung Galaxy S5 trumps the iPhone 5s with the sharper screen, water-resistant features, more dynamic fingerprint sensor and better camera. Although Samsung has yet to announce the price of the Samsung Galaxy S5, it is truly a threat to the current flagship of Apple as it has plenty of new features served on our plates.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists