Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Shoddier than BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY)
By Athena Yenko | February 26, 2014 5:19 PM EST
Mr Parets predicted that BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) can double its shares in 2014.
Mr Parets pointed out that the biggest catalyst with how BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) is performing at present was how investors used to shun the stock in the past.
"Sentiment is a beautiful thing. If everyone thinks something is going lower (in this case BBRY), there comes a point where anyone with that belief has already acted upon that belief (and sold). Eventually there just aren't any sellers left, and if all we have are buyers - epic squeeze. We saw it in BBRY and we saw it in S&P500 in early 2009. The best part about these extreme sentiment unwinds is that the ensuing rallies last longer and go further than your standard uptrend," Mr Parets explained.
He added that the opposite was what happened to Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) with "all of the great news was priced into the stock by the end of 2012."
A recent report from Goldman Sachs listed Blackberry as one of the 50 stocks with over $1 billion market cap and that hedge funds were fond of 'shorting' BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY).
On the other hand, Goldman Sachs had Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) in its "hedge fund VIP" list.
Factset reported that 50 biggest hedge funds increased their Apple exposure by 3.6 per cent in Q4 2013. However, with Carl Icahn's decision to drop his prodding on the $50 billion Apple buyback programme, these hedge funds might also drop their interests on Apple Inc. stock.
Meanwhile, Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) real time stock quotes published by NASDAQ OMX (Feb 25) is at $522.68 with 0.92 per cent decrease; previous close at $527.55; today's high at $530, today's low at $501.50; 52 weeks high at $575.1358, 52 weeks low at $385.10.
BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) real time stock quotes published by NASDAQ OMX (Feb 25) is at $10.71 per cent up by 8.95 per cent; previous close at $9.83; today's high at $10.90, today's low at $10; 52 weeks high at $16.82, 52 weeks low at $5.44.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air