Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Shoddier than BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY)
By Athena Yenko | February 26, 2014 5:19 PM EST
Mr Parets predicted that BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) can double its shares in 2014.
Mr Parets pointed out that the biggest catalyst with how BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) is performing at present was how investors used to shun the stock in the past.
"Sentiment is a beautiful thing. If everyone thinks something is going lower (in this case BBRY), there comes a point where anyone with that belief has already acted upon that belief (and sold). Eventually there just aren't any sellers left, and if all we have are buyers - epic squeeze. We saw it in BBRY and we saw it in S&P500 in early 2009. The best part about these extreme sentiment unwinds is that the ensuing rallies last longer and go further than your standard uptrend," Mr Parets explained.
He added that the opposite was what happened to Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) with "all of the great news was priced into the stock by the end of 2012."
A recent report from Goldman Sachs listed Blackberry as one of the 50 stocks with over $1 billion market cap and that hedge funds were fond of 'shorting' BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY).
On the other hand, Goldman Sachs had Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) in its "hedge fund VIP" list.
Factset reported that 50 biggest hedge funds increased their Apple exposure by 3.6 per cent in Q4 2013. However, with Carl Icahn's decision to drop his prodding on the $50 billion Apple buyback programme, these hedge funds might also drop their interests on Apple Inc. stock.
Meanwhile, Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) real time stock quotes published by NASDAQ OMX (Feb 25) is at $522.68 with 0.92 per cent decrease; previous close at $527.55; today's high at $530, today's low at $501.50; 52 weeks high at $575.1358, 52 weeks low at $385.10.
BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) real time stock quotes published by NASDAQ OMX (Feb 25) is at $10.71 per cent up by 8.95 per cent; previous close at $9.83; today's high at $10.90, today's low at $10; 52 weeks high at $16.82, 52 weeks low at $5.44.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports