Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Shoddier than BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY)
By Athena Yenko | February 26, 2014 5:19 PM EST
Mr Parets predicted that BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) can double its shares in 2014.
Mr Parets pointed out that the biggest catalyst with how BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) is performing at present was how investors used to shun the stock in the past.
"Sentiment is a beautiful thing. If everyone thinks something is going lower (in this case BBRY), there comes a point where anyone with that belief has already acted upon that belief (and sold). Eventually there just aren't any sellers left, and if all we have are buyers - epic squeeze. We saw it in BBRY and we saw it in S&P500 in early 2009. The best part about these extreme sentiment unwinds is that the ensuing rallies last longer and go further than your standard uptrend," Mr Parets explained.
He added that the opposite was what happened to Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) with "all of the great news was priced into the stock by the end of 2012."
A recent report from Goldman Sachs listed Blackberry as one of the 50 stocks with over $1 billion market cap and that hedge funds were fond of 'shorting' BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY).
On the other hand, Goldman Sachs had Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) in its "hedge fund VIP" list.
Factset reported that 50 biggest hedge funds increased their Apple exposure by 3.6 per cent in Q4 2013. However, with Carl Icahn's decision to drop his prodding on the $50 billion Apple buyback programme, these hedge funds might also drop their interests on Apple Inc. stock.
Meanwhile, Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) real time stock quotes published by NASDAQ OMX (Feb 25) is at $522.68 with 0.92 per cent decrease; previous close at $527.55; today's high at $530, today's low at $501.50; 52 weeks high at $575.1358, 52 weeks low at $385.10.
BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) real time stock quotes published by NASDAQ OMX (Feb 25) is at $10.71 per cent up by 8.95 per cent; previous close at $9.83; today's high at $10.90, today's low at $10; 52 weeks high at $16.82, 52 weeks low at $5.44.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]