Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Shoddier than BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY)
By Athena Yenko | February 26, 2014 5:19 PM EST
Mr Parets predicted that BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) can double its shares in 2014.
Mr Parets pointed out that the biggest catalyst with how BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) is performing at present was how investors used to shun the stock in the past.
"Sentiment is a beautiful thing. If everyone thinks something is going lower (in this case BBRY), there comes a point where anyone with that belief has already acted upon that belief (and sold). Eventually there just aren't any sellers left, and if all we have are buyers - epic squeeze. We saw it in BBRY and we saw it in S&P500 in early 2009. The best part about these extreme sentiment unwinds is that the ensuing rallies last longer and go further than your standard uptrend," Mr Parets explained.
He added that the opposite was what happened to Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) with "all of the great news was priced into the stock by the end of 2012."
A recent report from Goldman Sachs listed Blackberry as one of the 50 stocks with over $1 billion market cap and that hedge funds were fond of 'shorting' BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY).
On the other hand, Goldman Sachs had Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) in its "hedge fund VIP" list.
Factset reported that 50 biggest hedge funds increased their Apple exposure by 3.6 per cent in Q4 2013. However, with Carl Icahn's decision to drop his prodding on the $50 billion Apple buyback programme, these hedge funds might also drop their interests on Apple Inc. stock.
Meanwhile, Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) real time stock quotes published by NASDAQ OMX (Feb 25) is at $522.68 with 0.92 per cent decrease; previous close at $527.55; today's high at $530, today's low at $501.50; 52 weeks high at $575.1358, 52 weeks low at $385.10.
BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) real time stock quotes published by NASDAQ OMX (Feb 25) is at $10.71 per cent up by 8.95 per cent; previous close at $9.83; today's high at $10.90, today's low at $10; 52 weeks high at $16.82, 52 weeks low at $5.44.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- #Bendgate: iPhone 6 Woes Prompt Apple To Show Device Torture Room
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Microsoft To Have Its Own Retail Outlet in Manhattan
- Telstra To Convert Old Payphones Into Wi-Fi Hotspots
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate