Nissan Discontinues X-Trail SUV, 370Z Sportscar in India
By greeshma m | February 26, 2014 5:12 PM EST
Japanese auto major Nissan on Tuesday announced that the company will halt the sales of its X-Trail SUV and 370Z coupe in India, in a move to concentrate more on its locally manufactured models.
The X-Trail SUV and 370Z sportscar which are brought to India as completely built unit (CBU), have not been marking good sales in the country as the car is priced high.
"The move comes in the wake of Nissan's decision to focus on its locally manufactured models. However, it will continue to sell the Teana luxury sedan," PTI quoted the brand.
In India, Nissan offers a wide range of vehicles like the mid-sized sedan Sunny, Evalia (MPV), hatchback Micra, premium SUV Terrano and luxury sedan Teana. The company, which forayed into the online sales car in the country recently, is said to be on a tryst to offer more technology for India.
"In India, Nissan has been constantly expanding its innovative and exciting product range, and will continue to deliver cutting-edge technology, distinctive design and a rewarding experience to all its customers. Terrano, Nissan's latest offering marks its entry in the growing compact SUV segment," said the company.
Nissan has been reaching out to its customers in India through its country partner Hover Automotive India until recently. In a recent move, the company has taken all the marketing responsibility on its own including the sales, marketing and distribution of all Nissan-branded vehicles and parts in India. The auto-maker which has revived its Datsun model after almost three decades is expected to kick start the sales of its budget offering Go hatchback in March.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Tweens Fool Their Parents Online, McAfee Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report