Nissan Discontinues X-Trail SUV, 370Z Sportscar in India
By greeshma m | February 26, 2014 5:12 PM EST
Japanese auto major Nissan on Tuesday announced that the company will halt the sales of its X-Trail SUV and 370Z coupe in India, in a move to concentrate more on its locally manufactured models.
The X-Trail SUV and 370Z sportscar which are brought to India as completely built unit (CBU), have not been marking good sales in the country as the car is priced high.
"The move comes in the wake of Nissan's decision to focus on its locally manufactured models. However, it will continue to sell the Teana luxury sedan," PTI quoted the brand.
In India, Nissan offers a wide range of vehicles like the mid-sized sedan Sunny, Evalia (MPV), hatchback Micra, premium SUV Terrano and luxury sedan Teana. The company, which forayed into the online sales car in the country recently, is said to be on a tryst to offer more technology for India.
"In India, Nissan has been constantly expanding its innovative and exciting product range, and will continue to deliver cutting-edge technology, distinctive design and a rewarding experience to all its customers. Terrano, Nissan's latest offering marks its entry in the growing compact SUV segment," said the company.
Nissan has been reaching out to its customers in India through its country partner Hover Automotive India until recently. In a recent move, the company has taken all the marketing responsibility on its own including the sales, marketing and distribution of all Nissan-branded vehicles and parts in India. The auto-maker which has revived its Datsun model after almost three decades is expected to kick start the sales of its budget offering Go hatchback in March.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Coming Out Gay Defies Corporate Norm: Tech Execs Applaud Inspiring Essay
- Bombshell, Shocking And Wild Read: Jefferies & Co. Sage Kelly Forces Wife To Have Sex With Clients For A Deal
- Russia Succeeds Where US Fails: ISS NASA Antares Rocket Explosion Meant to Happen; Russia Successfully Launches Cargo Ship
- The Cost Of Getting Infected With Ebola
- Walmart Sells ‘Fat Girl Costumes’ for Halloween
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists