Nissan Discontinues X-Trail SUV, 370Z Sportscar in India
By greeshma m | February 26, 2014 5:12 PM EST
Japanese auto major Nissan on Tuesday announced that the company will halt the sales of its X-Trail SUV and 370Z coupe in India, in a move to concentrate more on its locally manufactured models.
The X-Trail SUV and 370Z sportscar which are brought to India as completely built unit (CBU), have not been marking good sales in the country as the car is priced high.
"The move comes in the wake of Nissan's decision to focus on its locally manufactured models. However, it will continue to sell the Teana luxury sedan," PTI quoted the brand.
In India, Nissan offers a wide range of vehicles like the mid-sized sedan Sunny, Evalia (MPV), hatchback Micra, premium SUV Terrano and luxury sedan Teana. The company, which forayed into the online sales car in the country recently, is said to be on a tryst to offer more technology for India.
"In India, Nissan has been constantly expanding its innovative and exciting product range, and will continue to deliver cutting-edge technology, distinctive design and a rewarding experience to all its customers. Terrano, Nissan's latest offering marks its entry in the growing compact SUV segment," said the company.
Nissan has been reaching out to its customers in India through its country partner Hover Automotive India until recently. In a recent move, the company has taken all the marketing responsibility on its own including the sales, marketing and distribution of all Nissan-branded vehicles and parts in India. The auto-maker which has revived its Datsun model after almost three decades is expected to kick start the sales of its budget offering Go hatchback in March.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales