Nissan Discontinues X-Trail SUV, 370Z Sportscar in India
By greeshma m | February 26, 2014 5:12 PM EST
Japanese auto major Nissan on Tuesday announced that the company will halt the sales of its X-Trail SUV and 370Z coupe in India, in a move to concentrate more on its locally manufactured models.
The X-Trail SUV and 370Z sportscar which are brought to India as completely built unit (CBU), have not been marking good sales in the country as the car is priced high.
"The move comes in the wake of Nissan's decision to focus on its locally manufactured models. However, it will continue to sell the Teana luxury sedan," PTI quoted the brand.
In India, Nissan offers a wide range of vehicles like the mid-sized sedan Sunny, Evalia (MPV), hatchback Micra, premium SUV Terrano and luxury sedan Teana. The company, which forayed into the online sales car in the country recently, is said to be on a tryst to offer more technology for India.
"In India, Nissan has been constantly expanding its innovative and exciting product range, and will continue to deliver cutting-edge technology, distinctive design and a rewarding experience to all its customers. Terrano, Nissan's latest offering marks its entry in the growing compact SUV segment," said the company.
Nissan has been reaching out to its customers in India through its country partner Hover Automotive India until recently. In a recent move, the company has taken all the marketing responsibility on its own including the sales, marketing and distribution of all Nissan-branded vehicles and parts in India. The auto-maker which has revived its Datsun model after almost three decades is expected to kick start the sales of its budget offering Go hatchback in March.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery