Nissan Discontinues X-Trail SUV, 370Z Sportscar in India
By greeshma m | February 26, 2014 5:12 PM EST
Japanese auto major Nissan on Tuesday announced that the company will halt the sales of its X-Trail SUV and 370Z coupe in India, in a move to concentrate more on its locally manufactured models.
The X-Trail SUV and 370Z sportscar which are brought to India as completely built unit (CBU), have not been marking good sales in the country as the car is priced high.
"The move comes in the wake of Nissan's decision to focus on its locally manufactured models. However, it will continue to sell the Teana luxury sedan," PTI quoted the brand.
In India, Nissan offers a wide range of vehicles like the mid-sized sedan Sunny, Evalia (MPV), hatchback Micra, premium SUV Terrano and luxury sedan Teana. The company, which forayed into the online sales car in the country recently, is said to be on a tryst to offer more technology for India.
"In India, Nissan has been constantly expanding its innovative and exciting product range, and will continue to deliver cutting-edge technology, distinctive design and a rewarding experience to all its customers. Terrano, Nissan's latest offering marks its entry in the growing compact SUV segment," said the company.
Nissan has been reaching out to its customers in India through its country partner Hover Automotive India until recently. In a recent move, the company has taken all the marketing responsibility on its own including the sales, marketing and distribution of all Nissan-branded vehicles and parts in India. The auto-maker which has revived its Datsun model after almost three decades is expected to kick start the sales of its budget offering Go hatchback in March.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Vodafone Buys Ericsson Equipment to Replace 5-Year-Old Network Technologies
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Shares Reach $100 Mark Since Stock Split; First Flagship Store in Middle East May Open Soon
- Small Businesses Claim Positive Financial Situation but Negative on Outlook
- Perfume Maker Elizabeth Arden Blames Poor Q4 Financial Results on Justin Bieber Scent
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6