'Fast And Furious 7' Cast Update: Ludacris Demands Full Custody and Child Support for Daughter?
By Vanessa Francisco | February 26, 2014 4:08 PM EST
"Fast and the Furious 7" star Ludacris appeared in court this week to explain to the judge why he requests for a child support payment plan update. Luda explains that the untimely death of Walker caused production delays and subsequently, an "unforeseen, unavoidable and untimely dip" in the state of his liquid assets.
It is also reported that the rapper's custody battle for his daughter is having more tension with the mother, Tamika Fuller. Luda wants to get full custody, claiming that he is a "fit and capable parent." His legal documents said he has also been "an active father" to his 12-year-old daughter.
Ludacris stated that despite previously agreeing to the terms, he will not be able to pay the thousands of dollars per month to support his 2-month-old baby daughter Cai due to the delay of his "Fast and the Furious 7" check. Ludacris had reportedly expected that the "Fast and the Furious 7" money would be in by now, and without it, he was financially unstable at the time.
According to reports, Ludacris is also requesting for his child's mother to pay him child support instead. Since the rapper was not able to pay Fuller $15,000 per month in child support, TMZ speculates it could be his way to "turn the financial tables." Ludacris has previously stated that he can only pay $1,800 per month in child support, and for now, the judge ordered him to pay $7,000 a month instead of Fuller's $15,000 per month demand.
Ludacris has been talking about his "Ludaversal" album for a few years now, and while he released a song entitled "Party Girls" on Jan 30, there is no word whether it is included in the album or not. He told the family court judge that his total income for year 2013 was $55,000.
Ludacris plays Tej Parker originally in the movie "2 Fast 2 Furious" and has reprised the role in each movie since "Fast Five." It is still unclear whether the movie, which will reportedly be released in cinemas in 2015, will see Walker's character die or live. "Fast and Furious 7" is scheduled to open in theaters on April 10, 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Plot Update: Ludacris Reveals Paul Walker's Old Photo, Vin Diesel Shares A Photo Of Himself In Car
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand