MWC 2014 Watch: Recently Launched Phones And Tablets
By Judith Aparri | February 26, 2014 4:05 PM EST
In the ongoing Mobile World Congress 2014, the mobile magic of the year is where the hottest mobile devices and gadgets are first seen. This is the event where technology enthusiasts have set their eyes on.
Although Apple is not among the presenters at MWC but we still get a glimpse of the launching of the biggest brands of mobile devices. The promise of Samsung Galaxy S5 happens, Nokia has the first Android phones launched and some others debut their innovations. While we enjoy watching this world event in Barcelona, Spain, below is a list of some of the smartphones and tablets launched:
Samsung's official flagship, Galaxy S5, now comes with a host of familiar-sounding features. With no real main feature to promote, this state of the art device has a 5.1-inch full HD Super AMOLED screen. Sitting comfortably as it is water- and dust-free resistant plus fingerprint scanner on the home key! It is much modern than just placing your thumb on it, slide a finger down to unlock your screen.
Nokia X Line Android Phones (Nokia)
Nokia at MWC 2014 comes with a leap from pure Windows Phone handset manufacturer to Android-run phones. Nokia X Line has Nokia X, Nokia X+ and Nokia XL. CEO Stephen Elop said this smartphone is built on Android open source software and aimed at developing budget markets.
The official launching of the Sony Xperia Z2 unveiled a 5.2-inch flagship smartphone, which is conceived from Sony's 20.7 MP camera - it's an Exmor RS with G-Lens the superb mobile image sensor. Your photos should be amazingly fantastic. Videos taken on the Z2 should be elegant with its 4K resolution handset. It runs Android KitKat and has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor.
Xperia M2 (Sony)
Sony has come up with one new Xperia M2, the "slimmest and lightest" of its class boasting its hardcore processing power. M2 has a screen of 4.8-inch qHD and 1.2 GHz quad-core Snapdragon processor with a price that Sony described as "mid-range." Snuffle with its 8MP camera that also has Sony's Exmor RS CMOS sensor.
LG G2 Mini (LG)
Here comes the LG G2 Mini - a decent smartphone that may have come in late to gather more impact like what S4 Mini or One Mini had. Its larger screen display and big battery will hopefully get a hold in the market, but that remains to be seen.
LG G Pro 2 (LG)
LG G Pro 2, LG's new flagship phablet, is designed with enhanced camera features. This pro tablet is something to watch and hope for.
LG L40 (LG)
Coming to MWC 2014 with an innovation, it is a downright tiny 3.5-inch screen up to a 320 x 480 pixel resolution. It is a low-cost handset that won't break the bank and not a pixelated mess.
Ascend G6 (Huawei)
Ascend G6 does not replace Ascend P6 but an affordable alternative with a similar design. This budget-wise P6 version comes with a quad-core, 1.3 GHz MediaTek MT6582 built on 28 nm process, 1 GB RAM, an 8-megapixel rear shooter, a 5-megapixel front camera and microSD card expansion.
MediaPad X1 (Huawei)
The Media PadX1 is a computer tablet to watch for. A great rival in the 7-inch tablet market, its maker announces its capability to enhance image quality from the camera. The only fear is that its availability in the market may be too late as competitors introduce their more-powered next-generation tablets that may put Media PadX1 way behind before its introduction.
MediaPad M1 (Huawei)
This is an 8-inch tablet, which is a decent affordable alternative with the 4G option that is a nice-have for tablets.
Lenovo launches three new Android smartphones - S860, S850 and S660. The S860, the flagship device has 2 GB RAM and a MediaTek quad-core processor. The main kicker here is the promise of an all-day battery life.
Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10 HD+ (Lenovo)
The Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10 HD+ offers a grippy aluminum plastic design which edge is its 1900 x 1200 screen resolution equals 200 pixels per inch. It comes with a MediaTek processor, 2 GB RAM, 32 GB internal storage and microSD card.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 Reportedly Cleared by FCC: Five Fresh Features to Expect from Android Smart Phone
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 New Release Imminent as Apple Enters Mid-August Production with New 24-Karat Gold iPhone 6
- Richard Norris' Successful Face Transplant Lands Him in GQ Cover [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- A Mother Of Two Dies While Undergoing Stem Cell Treatment
- Breaking Discovery: Industrial Pollution Reached South Pole by 19th Century
- Human Guinea Pigs for Google Health Projects