Simon Cowell Reveals the Reason He Named His Son 'Eric'
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | February 26, 2014 3:53 PM EST
"X Factor" Judge Simon Cowell has shared named his son Eric after his late father, Eric Selig Phillip Cowell, to pay tribute to him and recreate the father-son relationship that he got when he was still a young boy.
"He wants to recreate the father-son relationship that he got when he was a little one from his dad," Max Clifford, Cowell's publicist and longtime friend, said in a report from E! News.
Cowell is not just a 54-year-old music mogul. He is also a father. He wants to build the same relationship he had with his own father.
"When the baby's around, Simon's constantly kissing, holding and patting him," a source told E! News. "He's really enjoying fatherhood."
Little Eric was born Feb. 14, welcomed by Cowell and his girlfriend Lauren Silverman on Valentine's Day. Since the baby's arrival, a source told E! that Cowell has been "obsessed with the baby" and "really enjoying fatherhood."
Cowell told Parade magazine before little Eric was born that he would be a good dad in terms of service. The music mogul confessed that when it comes to newborns he never knows what to do.
"But [once he's older]...then I'll get to do all the things I want to do, like go to Disneyland or Universal Studios, teach him how to drive-I love all that," Cowell admitted.
Cowell's father died in 1999, which was the same day as the birth of little Eric. He took his inspiration over his Twitter account.
"What he is striving for is to build the same relationship [with his son] over the years," Clifford said. Cowell and his father had such a tight bond.
"It's the whole family thing - he got a tremendous amount of comfort from the relationship he had with his mum and dad. They were very, very close," Max Clifford told People how close the music mogul was to his father.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- 'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Promo Video And Synopsis For Episode 9 Titled ‘I Alone’ Tease Continuation Of Mission To Bring Bonnie Back [WATCH]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced