Simon Cowell Reveals the Reason He Named His Son 'Eric'
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | February 26, 2014 3:53 PM EST
"X Factor" Judge Simon Cowell has shared named his son Eric after his late father, Eric Selig Phillip Cowell, to pay tribute to him and recreate the father-son relationship that he got when he was still a young boy.
"He wants to recreate the father-son relationship that he got when he was a little one from his dad," Max Clifford, Cowell's publicist and longtime friend, said in a report from E! News.
Cowell is not just a 54-year-old music mogul. He is also a father. He wants to build the same relationship he had with his own father.
"When the baby's around, Simon's constantly kissing, holding and patting him," a source told E! News. "He's really enjoying fatherhood."
Little Eric was born Feb. 14, welcomed by Cowell and his girlfriend Lauren Silverman on Valentine's Day. Since the baby's arrival, a source told E! that Cowell has been "obsessed with the baby" and "really enjoying fatherhood."
Cowell told Parade magazine before little Eric was born that he would be a good dad in terms of service. The music mogul confessed that when it comes to newborns he never knows what to do.
"But [once he's older]...then I'll get to do all the things I want to do, like go to Disneyland or Universal Studios, teach him how to drive-I love all that," Cowell admitted.
Cowell's father died in 1999, which was the same day as the birth of little Eric. He took his inspiration over his Twitter account.
"What he is striving for is to build the same relationship [with his son] over the years," Clifford said. Cowell and his father had such a tight bond.
"It's the whole family thing - he got a tremendous amount of comfort from the relationship he had with his mum and dad. They were very, very close," Max Clifford told People how close the music mogul was to his father.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Manchester United Transfer News: Wilfried Zaha Might Stay After Impressing Van Gaal Against Inter [VIDEO]
- Grimm Season 4 Spoilers: Comic-Con Answers Served, Nick 'Un-Grimmed' Affects His Wesen Friends' Honeymoon
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast