Simon Cowell Reveals the Reason He Named His Son 'Eric'
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | February 26, 2014 3:53 PM EST
"X Factor" Judge Simon Cowell has shared named his son Eric after his late father, Eric Selig Phillip Cowell, to pay tribute to him and recreate the father-son relationship that he got when he was still a young boy.
"He wants to recreate the father-son relationship that he got when he was a little one from his dad," Max Clifford, Cowell's publicist and longtime friend, said in a report from E! News.
Cowell is not just a 54-year-old music mogul. He is also a father. He wants to build the same relationship he had with his own father.
"When the baby's around, Simon's constantly kissing, holding and patting him," a source told E! News. "He's really enjoying fatherhood."
Little Eric was born Feb. 14, welcomed by Cowell and his girlfriend Lauren Silverman on Valentine's Day. Since the baby's arrival, a source told E! that Cowell has been "obsessed with the baby" and "really enjoying fatherhood."
Cowell told Parade magazine before little Eric was born that he would be a good dad in terms of service. The music mogul confessed that when it comes to newborns he never knows what to do.
"But [once he's older]...then I'll get to do all the things I want to do, like go to Disneyland or Universal Studios, teach him how to drive-I love all that," Cowell admitted.
Cowell's father died in 1999, which was the same day as the birth of little Eric. He took his inspiration over his Twitter account.
"What he is striving for is to build the same relationship [with his son] over the years," Clifford said. Cowell and his father had such a tight bond.
"It's the whole family thing - he got a tremendous amount of comfort from the relationship he had with his mum and dad. They were very, very close," Max Clifford told People how close the music mogul was to his father.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1