Simon Cowell Reveals the Reason He Named His Son 'Eric'
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | February 26, 2014 3:53 PM EST
"X Factor" Judge Simon Cowell has shared named his son Eric after his late father, Eric Selig Phillip Cowell, to pay tribute to him and recreate the father-son relationship that he got when he was still a young boy.
"He wants to recreate the father-son relationship that he got when he was a little one from his dad," Max Clifford, Cowell's publicist and longtime friend, said in a report from E! News.
Cowell is not just a 54-year-old music mogul. He is also a father. He wants to build the same relationship he had with his own father.
"When the baby's around, Simon's constantly kissing, holding and patting him," a source told E! News. "He's really enjoying fatherhood."
Little Eric was born Feb. 14, welcomed by Cowell and his girlfriend Lauren Silverman on Valentine's Day. Since the baby's arrival, a source told E! that Cowell has been "obsessed with the baby" and "really enjoying fatherhood."
Cowell told Parade magazine before little Eric was born that he would be a good dad in terms of service. The music mogul confessed that when it comes to newborns he never knows what to do.
"But [once he's older]...then I'll get to do all the things I want to do, like go to Disneyland or Universal Studios, teach him how to drive-I love all that," Cowell admitted.
Cowell's father died in 1999, which was the same day as the birth of little Eric. He took his inspiration over his Twitter account.
"What he is striving for is to build the same relationship [with his son] over the years," Clifford said. Cowell and his father had such a tight bond.
"It's the whole family thing - he got a tremendous amount of comfort from the relationship he had with his mum and dad. They were very, very close," Max Clifford told People how close the music mogul was to his father.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Oct. 20-24, 2014, Plus Additional Spoilers For Oct. 27, 2014: Nina Makes Public Rosalie’s Secret
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored