Simon Cowell Reveals the Reason He Named His Son 'Eric'
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | February 26, 2014 3:53 PM EST
"X Factor" Judge Simon Cowell has shared named his son Eric after his late father, Eric Selig Phillip Cowell, to pay tribute to him and recreate the father-son relationship that he got when he was still a young boy.
"He wants to recreate the father-son relationship that he got when he was a little one from his dad," Max Clifford, Cowell's publicist and longtime friend, said in a report from E! News.
Cowell is not just a 54-year-old music mogul. He is also a father. He wants to build the same relationship he had with his own father.
"When the baby's around, Simon's constantly kissing, holding and patting him," a source told E! News. "He's really enjoying fatherhood."
Little Eric was born Feb. 14, welcomed by Cowell and his girlfriend Lauren Silverman on Valentine's Day. Since the baby's arrival, a source told E! that Cowell has been "obsessed with the baby" and "really enjoying fatherhood."
Cowell told Parade magazine before little Eric was born that he would be a good dad in terms of service. The music mogul confessed that when it comes to newborns he never knows what to do.
"But [once he's older]...then I'll get to do all the things I want to do, like go to Disneyland or Universal Studios, teach him how to drive-I love all that," Cowell admitted.
Cowell's father died in 1999, which was the same day as the birth of little Eric. He took his inspiration over his Twitter account.
"What he is striving for is to build the same relationship [with his son] over the years," Clifford said. Cowell and his father had such a tight bond.
"It's the whole family thing - he got a tremendous amount of comfort from the relationship he had with his mum and dad. They were very, very close," Max Clifford told People how close the music mogul was to his father.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko