5 Reasons Why You Should Buy the New Samsung Galaxy S5
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 26, 2014 3:47 PM EST
A new Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone is displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona
TechRadar reported the Samsung Galaxy S5 came with a myriad of new features such as fingerprint and heart sensors as well as the latest Android 4.4.2 Kitkat OS. However, to the dismay of many Samsung fans, the handset skipped the rumoured metal casing and retained its plastic body.
No details have been released on price or an Australian release date but it is most likely to arrive in stores in about a month. The device is reported to be available for purchase in April.
Below are the five reasons why you should consider buying the new Samsung Galaxy S5 based on the new features it offered.
The latest Samsung Galaxy S5 packs the 64-bit quad core processor known as the Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 clocked at 2.5 GHz. Moreover, the handset will pack a separate graphics chipset - Adreno 330. Lastly, the device runs with the latest Android 4.4.2 Kitkat OS.
Fingerprint and heart sensors
One of the new features boasted by Samsung Galaxy S5 are the fingerprint and heart sensors. With iPhone's lead, it is not surprising that Samsung followed suit in packing a fingerprint sensor. Aside from unlocking and locking the Galaxy S5, the fingerprint sensor also ensures password protection when using PayPal for more secured payments. The smartphone can be a beneficial tool for your health with S Health. The handset can provide you real time data by simply placing a finger on the front-facing camera.
Dust and water resistant
Just like the rugged version of the Samsung Galaxy S4, the company makes the flagship smartphone dustproof and waterproof, which are good qualities for a smartphone. With this, Samsung had an edge over Apple's iPhone which does not pack the said feature.
Samsung Galaxy S5 is available in 16 GB and 32 GB variant. Surprisingly, its external storage through a microSD slot is up to 128 GB, which gives users more space for their files and photos.
More colour options
This was the first time that Samsung announced a smartphone and made it available in a myriad of colours at launch. Buyers can choose from four colour options - blue, black, white and gold.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar
- Andy Roddick and Mardy Fish Can't Play in the U.S. Open Due to Drug Testing Issues
- Billy Bob Thornton Want to Play Hodor in Game Of Thrones
- Fukushima Radiation Tests on Waters Along U.S. Coast Yield Negative Results
- Zac Efron Equates Boozing to a Social Stimulant, Admits Why He Checked into Rehab Last Year
- Celebrities Who Stripped Naked for Women's Health