MacBook Pro 15.4 vs Razer Blade 14: Which Gaming Laptop is Better?
By Precious Silva | February 26, 2014 3:36 PM EST
Gamers looking for a new gaming laptop may come across the Razer Blade and MacBook Pro. Both devices can be ideal gaming devices but a run through of their specs should give more help. While the Razer Blade maybe targeting gamers altogether, the MacBook Pro can be just as an ideal choice.
Apple Inc CEO Tim Cook speaks about their new Mac book computers during an Apple event in San Francisco REUTERS/Robert Galbraith
The MacBook Pro offers a sleek design. Its industrial-inspired look makes it a stunning piece of device. Likewise, the device also comes with a large touchpad, black keyboard and aluminum shell. The device offers comfort and style like no other. It measures 0.71 inches thick and sports a 15.4-inch screen. The keyboard surface is excellent compared to the Razer Blade. Both laptops sport large touchpads and keys. Nonetheless, the MacBook Pro gets a point advantage because of its clickable touchpad. The Blade features a showy black and green backlit keys appealing to many gamers.
The two laptops also share similar specs. Under the hood, the MacBook Pro runs on a 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7 processor including integrated Intel HD 4000 and 256 GB SSD. It also features a 15.4-inch screen with 2880 x 1800 pixels in resolution.
The Razer Blade, on the other hand, packs on a 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 processor, integrated Intel HD 4600 and128 GB SSD. It also comes with a 14-inch screen offering 1600 x 900 pixels in resolution. Both devices can be configured to a number of settings depending on the user. The main difference between the laptops is the display. The MacBook Pro comes with a clear and crisp display far from the Blade. It is also friendlier in terms of viewing angles.
Price is also a deciding factor for many people. For those who want to have a genuine gaming computer experience without exhausting their pockets, the Razer Blade is cheaper. The laptop starts at $1799. Apple's MacBook Pro is rather pricey starting at $2199. Gamers can do well with the Razer Blade. However, for the more meticulous and display-particular user then the MacBook Pro is the better choice.
It all depends on what users are willing to pay and how they want their gaming experience to be.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report