NBA News: Jimmer Fredette Nears Buyout with Sacramento Kings; Shooter Could Land with Memphis Grizzlies
By James Patrick Quizon | February 26, 2014 3:36 PM EST
Finding no fair deals in the trade market before this year’s trade deadline, the Sacramento Kings are instead finalizing a buyout agreement with shooting guard Jimmer Fredette after the All-Star break.
According to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports, the Kings searched for probable trades before February 21 but couldn’t finalize a deal despite multiple teams showing interesting in the college standout.
Sacramento picked Fredette as the 10th overall pick in the 2011 NBA Draft but the 24-year-old never really saw consistent playing time with the Kings averaging just 18.6 and 14.0 minutes in his first two years and dropped to 11.3 minutes this season.
The 6-foot-2 shooting guard averaged 7.0 points, 1.1 rebounds and 1.5 assists in 171 games for the Kings.
Fredette’s future with the Kings was in question already after the front office decided against picking up the 2014-2015 team option on his contract. Fredette is set to be paid $2.57M in his final year in Sacramento.
If and when Fredette hits free agency after the buyout, some teams are expected to swoop down on the shooter. Among the teams reportedly interested is the Memphis Grizzlies, which are in search of scorer off the bench.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Boxing News: Pacquiao And Mayweather Might Meet 'In The First Six Months Of Next Year' - Bob Arum
- Boxing News 2014: Pacquiao Considers Ditching Jessica Sanchez To Sing Philippine National Anthem In Favour Of Born-Again Pastors; Stallone & Schwarzenegger to Watch Bout
- Michael Phelps' Lover Reveals She Was Born Intersex In Lengthy Facebook Post
- Dallas Mavericks Owner Mark Cuban Wants The Los Angeles Lakers To ‘Suck Forever’
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Exit For Messi Is Possible - Tata Martino
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports