Gaming News: Get a Free Pokemon X and Y, Thief PC Version Details, MGSV: Ground Zeroes with Free Phantom Pain
By Gel Galang | February 26, 2014 3:32 PM EST
Nintendo seems to plan on extending the appeal of Pokemon X and Y beyond what it has already received as it has recently announced free code to the game.
It means that registering Mario Kart 7, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Yoshi's New Island, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Super Mario 3D Land or LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins will get you a free code to one of Pokemon X and Y.
According to the press release obtained by Joystiq, you need to register within March to get the promo and redeem the codes by May 31.
Thief PC version also worth getting
For those who prefer playing with the PC versions of games will be happy to know that Thief is not a port of the console version.
"Honestly, if you're a PC gamer, you're going to be in love with [this] version. They are going to have a PC version, not a port. The PC version looks amazing also," said Roy to GameSpot.
What's more (and as expected with most PC games, Thief on the PC will have a better look and feel compared to its console counterparts. The report also gives the minimum requirements and recommended specs, if you are interested in picking up the PC version of the game.
*Lucky for the U.K. region, the Xbox One will be cheaper starting February 28. Read about why the price cut is happening only in that territory.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Windows Vista with platform Update for OS
- High-performance dual-core or quad-core CPU
- 4GB of RAM, 20GB of HDD or SSD
- Direct X10 and AMD Radeon 4800 series or Nvidia GTS 250
- Windows 7 or 8
- More than 4GB of RAM, 20GB of HDD SSD
- DirectX 11 and AMD Radeon HD, R9 series and above, or Nvidia GTX 660 series or higher
Phantom Pain DLC comes free with MGSV: Ground Zeroes
MGSV: Ground Zeroes is one of the most awaited games for the next-gen consoles, but it has not been spared its share of criticisms, such as the short gameplay touted to just run over two hours.
*Are you getting Square Enix's reboot of Thief? Read a quick review here to know what you can expect.
As a prelude to the game, some may not find Ground Zeroes to be an important piece to play, though this is now being remedied as the Phantom Pain DLC has just been offered as a freebie to Ground Zeroes.
Worth Playing reports that those who will purchase Ground Zeroes early will get The Phantom Pain for free, though this is limited to just the first batch of the retail version and a limited time period for the digital version.
One interesting thing to note is that the progress that you have made with Ground Zeroes will not be lost once you start with The Phantom Pain. Rescued VIPs and prisoners of war will be carried over to the next game.
That's not all you can look forward to as Konami has already announced a price reduction for the PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game. MGSV: Ground Zeroes will now be $39.99, taking off $10 from the original price for both the digital and retail versions of the game.
EGM Now reports that this may be due to the short length of the game and the added $10 when compared to the current-gen version. Ground Zeroes is set to launch on the PS4, Xbox One, PS3 and Xbox 360 on March 18.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Games: The Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode Leaked Shots; Halo: Master Chief Collection Detailed
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition Romance: Cassandra Pentaghast, Dorian, Cullen, Sera, Iron Bull and Josephine Montilyet
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal