Gaming News: Get a Free Pokemon X and Y, Thief PC Version Details, MGSV: Ground Zeroes with Free Phantom Pain
By Gel Galang | February 26, 2014 3:32 PM EST
Nintendo seems to plan on extending the appeal of Pokemon X and Y beyond what it has already received as it has recently announced free code to the game.
It means that registering Mario Kart 7, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Yoshi's New Island, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Super Mario 3D Land or LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins will get you a free code to one of Pokemon X and Y.
According to the press release obtained by Joystiq, you need to register within March to get the promo and redeem the codes by May 31.
Thief PC version also worth getting
For those who prefer playing with the PC versions of games will be happy to know that Thief is not a port of the console version.
"Honestly, if you're a PC gamer, you're going to be in love with [this] version. They are going to have a PC version, not a port. The PC version looks amazing also," said Roy to GameSpot.
What's more (and as expected with most PC games, Thief on the PC will have a better look and feel compared to its console counterparts. The report also gives the minimum requirements and recommended specs, if you are interested in picking up the PC version of the game.
*Lucky for the U.K. region, the Xbox One will be cheaper starting February 28. Read about why the price cut is happening only in that territory.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Windows Vista with platform Update for OS
- High-performance dual-core or quad-core CPU
- 4GB of RAM, 20GB of HDD or SSD
- Direct X10 and AMD Radeon 4800 series or Nvidia GTS 250
- Windows 7 or 8
- More than 4GB of RAM, 20GB of HDD SSD
- DirectX 11 and AMD Radeon HD, R9 series and above, or Nvidia GTX 660 series or higher
Phantom Pain DLC comes free with MGSV: Ground Zeroes
MGSV: Ground Zeroes is one of the most awaited games for the next-gen consoles, but it has not been spared its share of criticisms, such as the short gameplay touted to just run over two hours.
*Are you getting Square Enix's reboot of Thief? Read a quick review here to know what you can expect.
As a prelude to the game, some may not find Ground Zeroes to be an important piece to play, though this is now being remedied as the Phantom Pain DLC has just been offered as a freebie to Ground Zeroes.
Worth Playing reports that those who will purchase Ground Zeroes early will get The Phantom Pain for free, though this is limited to just the first batch of the retail version and a limited time period for the digital version.
One interesting thing to note is that the progress that you have made with Ground Zeroes will not be lost once you start with The Phantom Pain. Rescued VIPs and prisoners of war will be carried over to the next game.
That's not all you can look forward to as Konami has already announced a price reduction for the PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game. MGSV: Ground Zeroes will now be $39.99, taking off $10 from the original price for both the digital and retail versions of the game.
EGM Now reports that this may be due to the short length of the game and the added $10 when compared to the current-gen version. Ground Zeroes is set to launch on the PS4, Xbox One, PS3 and Xbox 360 on March 18.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Updates: Meet The Leaders of Team Magma and Aqua, Trainer and His Mega Gallade
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Gay And Lesbian Pregnancy Now Available As Alternative To Adoption
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1