'Twitch Plays Pokemon' Update: Moving to 'Pokemon Silver/Gold' and the Helix Fossil Revival
By Gel Galang | February 26, 2014 3:27 PM EST
"Twitch Plays Pokemon" continues into its 13th day, with live updates stating Red is now going into their seventh hour since stepping into Viridian City, proof that the game will continue until the Elite Four have been beaten and the game meets the end.
But apparently, this may not necessarily be the end of "Twitch Plays Pokemon," as the Twitch channel creator has confirmed that it will be moving to the second generation of the Pokemon game franchise once this is done.
*Are you getting the Samsung Galaxy S5? Time to start scouting for good accessories and cases.
"I've received a lot of requests to continue with the Pokemon franchise after the Elite Four and the Pokemon Champion get defeated, so I'm going to do that," said the person responsible for "Twitch Plays Pokemon" in an interview quoted by Digital Spy. "I'm still deciding which of the generation 2 Pokemon games to go with."
Considering the wide, positive and addicted reception of "Twitch Plays Pokemon" with Red, there's no doubt that there will be quite a lot of support with the future movement to the second generation.
One good question to ask is when Nintendo will take notice of "Twitch Plays Pokemon," and how it can take advantage of this unbelievably addictive phenomenon.
What's Been Happening so Far
Following the massacre during Bloody Sunday, there have only been three cases of released Pokemons, namely Macho Man, Zubat and a, which were released at 11d 10h 25m, 11d 11h 6m and 11d 11h 6m, respectively.
*Still haven't gotten yourself an Xbox One? Now may be the best time, as it will be coming with a limited free copy of "Titanfall": Read the full story here.
But an even bigger, celebrated event is the revival of Lord Helix, which happened sometime after the first released Pokemon at 11d 10h 35m. According to Kotaku, which has also been following the progress of "Twitch Plays Pokemon," the Helix Fossil was revived with the use of the Pokemon Lab in Cinnabar Island.
For now, the "Twitch Plays Pokemon" update states that Red seems to be stuck trying to get over the Viridian Ledge. The current goal that Red has is to Defeat Viridian Gym Leader Giovanni, but this may seem like a long way to go before this happens.
As far as badges are concerned, Red is already up to seven, with the Boulder Badge, Cascade Badge, Thunder Badge, Rainbow Badge, Soul Badge, Marsh Badge and Volcano Badge already in the collection.
*Mini games will be coming to Minecraft Realms---are you interested in "Minecraft's" newest subscription service? Read here for more.
The Pokemon lineup, so far, is pretty good for Red, but it may be a matter of time until chaos ensues once more and a repeat---or worse, an evolution---of the Bloody Sunday occurs. But perhaps, so long as the Omanyte Helix Fossil Lord continues to grant guidance, "Twitch Plays Pokemon" will continue another day.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- HTC One Mini 2 vs. LG G2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware Update to Improve Touch Screen and Charging Speed
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install