'Twitch Plays Pokemon' Update: Moving to 'Pokemon Silver/Gold' and the Helix Fossil Revival
By Gel Galang | February 26, 2014 3:27 PM EST
"Twitch Plays Pokemon" continues into its 13th day, with live updates stating Red is now going into their seventh hour since stepping into Viridian City, proof that the game will continue until the Elite Four have been beaten and the game meets the end.
But apparently, this may not necessarily be the end of "Twitch Plays Pokemon," as the Twitch channel creator has confirmed that it will be moving to the second generation of the Pokemon game franchise once this is done.
*Are you getting the Samsung Galaxy S5? Time to start scouting for good accessories and cases.
"I've received a lot of requests to continue with the Pokemon franchise after the Elite Four and the Pokemon Champion get defeated, so I'm going to do that," said the person responsible for "Twitch Plays Pokemon" in an interview quoted by Digital Spy. "I'm still deciding which of the generation 2 Pokemon games to go with."
Considering the wide, positive and addicted reception of "Twitch Plays Pokemon" with Red, there's no doubt that there will be quite a lot of support with the future movement to the second generation.
One good question to ask is when Nintendo will take notice of "Twitch Plays Pokemon," and how it can take advantage of this unbelievably addictive phenomenon.
What's Been Happening so Far
Following the massacre during Bloody Sunday, there have only been three cases of released Pokemons, namely Macho Man, Zubat and a, which were released at 11d 10h 25m, 11d 11h 6m and 11d 11h 6m, respectively.
*Still haven't gotten yourself an Xbox One? Now may be the best time, as it will be coming with a limited free copy of "Titanfall": Read the full story here.
But an even bigger, celebrated event is the revival of Lord Helix, which happened sometime after the first released Pokemon at 11d 10h 35m. According to Kotaku, which has also been following the progress of "Twitch Plays Pokemon," the Helix Fossil was revived with the use of the Pokemon Lab in Cinnabar Island.
For now, the "Twitch Plays Pokemon" update states that Red seems to be stuck trying to get over the Viridian Ledge. The current goal that Red has is to Defeat Viridian Gym Leader Giovanni, but this may seem like a long way to go before this happens.
As far as badges are concerned, Red is already up to seven, with the Boulder Badge, Cascade Badge, Thunder Badge, Rainbow Badge, Soul Badge, Marsh Badge and Volcano Badge already in the collection.
*Mini games will be coming to Minecraft Realms---are you interested in "Minecraft's" newest subscription service? Read here for more.
The Pokemon lineup, so far, is pretty good for Red, but it may be a matter of time until chaos ensues once more and a repeat---or worse, an evolution---of the Bloody Sunday occurs. But perhaps, so long as the Omanyte Helix Fossil Lord continues to grant guidance, "Twitch Plays Pokemon" will continue another day.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- 'World Of Warcraft’ Brings Back The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff From Sept. 2-16, 2014 After ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition': Romancing Solas, Morrigan's Human Side And Dragon Age Keep User Interface
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones