Daniel Craig Returns in ‘Bond 24’ Can the ‘Skyfall’ Success be Repeated?
By Sachin Trivedi | February 26, 2014 2:40 PM EST
The producers of the upcoming movie "Bond 24" recently announced that Daniel Craig will be returning to play the lead role yet again. The phenomenal success of the previous movie "Skyfall" would be a tough act to follow. The movie is set for a release date in 2015.
For readers who are wondering why the producers chose the name "Bond 24" for the movie, it may have to do with the fact that this is the 24th movie from the popular movie franchise, which is over 51 years old.
The 23rd Bond movie "Skyfall" reportedly made over $88 million in the U.S on the opening weekend and went on to collect over $1 billion in the international market, making it one of the biggest hits at the box office. The movie was made at an estimated budget of $200 million.
Some of the characters from "Skyfall" may not be returning in "Bond 24." Judi Dench who played the character M could be replaced with another actor. Ben Whishaw played the role of the young Q in the movie, giving the character a fresh and modern look.
The other notable characters in "Skyfall" include Gareth Mallory played by Ralph Fiennes and agent Eve played by Naomie Harris. Both the actors are expected to make a return in the upcoming movie.
The popular movie franchise is known for its use of hi-tech futuristic gadgets with contemporary political theme. The movies are a high budget affair delivering stunning action sequences to the audience coupled with witty one liners from the British secret agent.
"Skyfall" was about revenge by a former agent who felt betrayed by the chief of Mi6 - M. The theme in the preceding movie starring Daniel Craig was about a secretive organisation trying to control the world's most precious resource - water.
There is still no word about the possible plot of "Bond 24" or if the movie will be based on any of the novels. It would be a challenge for the producers to be able to repeat the success of "Skyfall."
The release date of "Bond 24" is set in 2015. The movie will be released on Oct 23 in the UK and on Nov 6 in the U.S. Fans are eagerly waiting for the movie and it is also expected to hit the international market around this time.
More Articles to Read
'Thor' 2: The Dark World Retailers Giving Exclusive Deals 3D and Blu-Ray Combos Offered [Read]
'Fantastic Four' Reboot Cast to be Younger? Release Dates in 2015 [Read]
'The Avengers' Age of Ultron Production Update and Release Date [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine