‘Fast and the Furious' Star Gal Gadot Rocks as New 'Wonder Woman'
By charmaine corne clutton | February 26, 2014 2:28 PM EST
The comic book place is a land filled with machismo-never does one get to see empowered female superheroes not unless they are portrayed as sexpots donning leather cat suits or damsels in distress. That is why Wonder Woman serves as a very good counter balance to all the male domination in comic-verse, as she signifies an empowered, feisty and strong superhero who also advocates for peace and love.
In the upcoming film, Batman vs. Superman, fans are thrilled to see one of the freshest faces, Gal Gadot, portray the role of the empowered superhero. Gal Gadot a former Israeli beauty queen, got her break in Hollywood when she starred in the famous franchise, "Fast and the Furious". Gadot also portrayed a sexy bombshell that men did not want to mess around. Gadot starred in the franchise as on-screen partner of Sung Kang.
Now, fans can see more of the Israeli beauty by watching the upcoming "Man of Steel" sequel. In her Instagram, the 29-year old posted many pics of her preparation for the role. As she is to portray the Amazonian princess, Gadot has to really beef up her appearance to appear fit for the role. Many fans were quick to react about the casting of Gadot as the Amazonian princess, as some claim the "Fast and the Furious" star is too thin for the superhero.
"It's the physical preparations that I'm starting now. A very serious training regimen - kung fu, kickboxing, swords, jujitsu, Brazilian. A thousand and one things. I'll gain body mass." Gadot said when asked about fans reactions towards her casting during an interview in an Israeli entertainment show.
The "Fast and the Furious" actress added, "I represent the Wonder Woman of the new world. Breasts...anyone can buy for 9,000 shekels and everything is fine... By the way, Wonder Woman is Amazonian, and historically accurate Amazonian women actually had only one breast. So, if I'd really go "by the book", it'd be problematic."
The upcoming sequel of the "Man of Steel" is set to grace the big screen officially on May 6, 2016. It will be interesting to see what kind of transformation the already toned and sexy Gadot will undergo to attain that perfect Amazonian princess figure.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft