‘Fast and the Furious' Star Gal Gadot Rocks as New 'Wonder Woman'
By charmaine corne clutton | February 26, 2014 2:28 PM EST
The comic book place is a land filled with machismo-never does one get to see empowered female superheroes not unless they are portrayed as sexpots donning leather cat suits or damsels in distress. That is why Wonder Woman serves as a very good counter balance to all the male domination in comic-verse, as she signifies an empowered, feisty and strong superhero who also advocates for peace and love.
In the upcoming film, Batman vs. Superman, fans are thrilled to see one of the freshest faces, Gal Gadot, portray the role of the empowered superhero. Gal Gadot a former Israeli beauty queen, got her break in Hollywood when she starred in the famous franchise, "Fast and the Furious". Gadot also portrayed a sexy bombshell that men did not want to mess around. Gadot starred in the franchise as on-screen partner of Sung Kang.
Now, fans can see more of the Israeli beauty by watching the upcoming "Man of Steel" sequel. In her Instagram, the 29-year old posted many pics of her preparation for the role. As she is to portray the Amazonian princess, Gadot has to really beef up her appearance to appear fit for the role. Many fans were quick to react about the casting of Gadot as the Amazonian princess, as some claim the "Fast and the Furious" star is too thin for the superhero.
"It's the physical preparations that I'm starting now. A very serious training regimen - kung fu, kickboxing, swords, jujitsu, Brazilian. A thousand and one things. I'll gain body mass." Gadot said when asked about fans reactions towards her casting during an interview in an Israeli entertainment show.
The "Fast and the Furious" actress added, "I represent the Wonder Woman of the new world. Breasts...anyone can buy for 9,000 shekels and everything is fine... By the way, Wonder Woman is Amazonian, and historically accurate Amazonian women actually had only one breast. So, if I'd really go "by the book", it'd be problematic."
The upcoming sequel of the "Man of Steel" is set to grace the big screen officially on May 6, 2016. It will be interesting to see what kind of transformation the already toned and sexy Gadot will undergo to attain that perfect Amazonian princess figure.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone