‘Fast and the Furious' Star Gal Gadot Rocks as New 'Wonder Woman'
By charmaine corne clutton | February 26, 2014 2:28 PM EST
The comic book place is a land filled with machismo-never does one get to see empowered female superheroes not unless they are portrayed as sexpots donning leather cat suits or damsels in distress. That is why Wonder Woman serves as a very good counter balance to all the male domination in comic-verse, as she signifies an empowered, feisty and strong superhero who also advocates for peace and love.
In the upcoming film, Batman vs. Superman, fans are thrilled to see one of the freshest faces, Gal Gadot, portray the role of the empowered superhero. Gal Gadot a former Israeli beauty queen, got her break in Hollywood when she starred in the famous franchise, "Fast and the Furious". Gadot also portrayed a sexy bombshell that men did not want to mess around. Gadot starred in the franchise as on-screen partner of Sung Kang.
Now, fans can see more of the Israeli beauty by watching the upcoming "Man of Steel" sequel. In her Instagram, the 29-year old posted many pics of her preparation for the role. As she is to portray the Amazonian princess, Gadot has to really beef up her appearance to appear fit for the role. Many fans were quick to react about the casting of Gadot as the Amazonian princess, as some claim the "Fast and the Furious" star is too thin for the superhero.
"It's the physical preparations that I'm starting now. A very serious training regimen - kung fu, kickboxing, swords, jujitsu, Brazilian. A thousand and one things. I'll gain body mass." Gadot said when asked about fans reactions towards her casting during an interview in an Israeli entertainment show.
The "Fast and the Furious" actress added, "I represent the Wonder Woman of the new world. Breasts...anyone can buy for 9,000 shekels and everything is fine... By the way, Wonder Woman is Amazonian, and historically accurate Amazonian women actually had only one breast. So, if I'd really go "by the book", it'd be problematic."
The upcoming sequel of the "Man of Steel" is set to grace the big screen officially on May 6, 2016. It will be interesting to see what kind of transformation the already toned and sexy Gadot will undergo to attain that perfect Amazonian princess figure.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- The Bold and the Beautiful Spoilers for July 31, 2014: Plans, Conditions and Ultimatums in B&B [WATCH VIDEO]
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools