Google Nexus 10 2 Features Based on Samsung Galaxy S5
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 26, 2014 2:25 PM EST
Android 4.4.1 KOT49E update is available for Nexus 10.
Google Nexus 10 2 release date as well as specs and features were still undisclosed. However, if Samsung will be taking the helm in making Google's 10-inch tablet, the new Samsung Galaxy S5 gave some clues on what consumers can expect from the device.
To the dismay of some fans, Samsung did not alter the design of the handset but it included a number of new and interesting features such as waterproof, fingerprint scanner and a heart rate sensor, which consumers may see on the next generation of Nexus 10 tablet.
Some consumers took a liking to the tablet's form factor and may choose not to change it. Thus, Samsung may not also alter the overall design of the tablet but we could see Nexus 10 2 in a wider variety of colours.
However, it is unconfirmed whether Samsung will make a comeback as Google's partner. Other possible manufacturers of the 10-inch slab are ASUS and HTC. Although it is still unknown which company will take the helm in making the Nexus 10 2 tablet, new rumours claimed that Google Nexus 10 2 will show up at the company's I/O Conference and will boast a new hardware and a new operating system. Another exciting rumour that is going around lately is that the upcoming tablet will run with future Android 5.0, which will integrate the company's cross platform merging feature.
Google Nexus 10 2 rumoured features are 10.1-inch size with a 2560 x 1600 resolution and protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 3. Under the hood, there will be 2.3 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor or the NVIDIA Tegra 4, 3GB RAM and Adreno 330 GPU. For storage, there will be the standard 16 and 32 GB variants. As for the camera, the tablet will pack an 8MP at the back and the front camera could be 2.1MP. The tablet will also pack a dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, dual-side NFC and a 9500mAh non-removable battery.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists