'Dancing With the Stars' 2014 Cast: Fired Brooke Burke-Charvet Shocked That Erin Andrews Will Replace Her
By Vanessa Francisco | February 26, 2014 1:53 PM EST
Brooke Burke-Charvet has just lost her job as a "Dancing With the Stars" co-host and fans assumed it was just a downsizing move since viewer numbers were reportedly down, they cut the Results Show and there's no Celebriquarium anymore. However, according to reports, Brooke's job is being replaced by DWTS Season 10 finalist and sports reporter Erin Andrews. She will join fellow co-host Tom Bergeron in presenting the latest season of the show.
The 35-year-old dancer is said to be the new DWTS co-host and it is expected to be announced soon. Erin will co-host the show only for the week while she continues her work with Fox Sports, This is similar to what Michael Strahan previously did with Fox Sports and "Live With Kelly and Michael."
Andrews competed as a celebrity dancer in season 10 of DWTS just like Burke-Charvet did before her. The popular sports reporter won third place with her professional partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy. Burke-Charvet admitted that she was surprised by her replacement but she also said she understands the show's need for change.
"I have always been one to accept change and look forward to pursuing other opportunities I previously was not able to entertain because of contractual obligations to [DWTS]," Burke-Charvet said. "I have seen my fair share of shocking eliminations in the ballroom but this one takes the cake."
Burke-Charvet also took to Twitter, saying: "Thanks for all the love and support. I loved my time in the ballroom and I will love my next chapter too. Change is positive. Love you guys!"
The show has recently fired orchestrator and bandleader Harold Wheeler, along with his 28-member band as well. ABC declined to make an official statement.
"Dancing With the Stars" has made plenty of turnovers in its female hosts. Lisa Canning hosted in 2005 before she was replaced by Samantha Harris, who was on board from 2006 to 2009. Burke-Charvet took the place of Harris in 2010 and completed her last season in 2013.
"Dancing With the Stars" Season 18 will reveal its cast on Good Morning America on Tuesday, March 4. The show will premiere on Monday, March 17 at 8:00 P.M. on ABC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Portia De Rossi And Ellen DeGeneres Address 'Epic Fight' Story
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown