'Dancing With the Stars' 2014 Cast: Fired Brooke Burke-Charvet Shocked That Erin Andrews Will Replace Her
By Vanessa Francisco | February 26, 2014 1:53 PM EST
Brooke Burke-Charvet has just lost her job as a "Dancing With the Stars" co-host and fans assumed it was just a downsizing move since viewer numbers were reportedly down, they cut the Results Show and there's no Celebriquarium anymore. However, according to reports, Brooke's job is being replaced by DWTS Season 10 finalist and sports reporter Erin Andrews. She will join fellow co-host Tom Bergeron in presenting the latest season of the show.
The 35-year-old dancer is said to be the new DWTS co-host and it is expected to be announced soon. Erin will co-host the show only for the week while she continues her work with Fox Sports, This is similar to what Michael Strahan previously did with Fox Sports and "Live With Kelly and Michael."
Andrews competed as a celebrity dancer in season 10 of DWTS just like Burke-Charvet did before her. The popular sports reporter won third place with her professional partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy. Burke-Charvet admitted that she was surprised by her replacement but she also said she understands the show's need for change.
"I have always been one to accept change and look forward to pursuing other opportunities I previously was not able to entertain because of contractual obligations to [DWTS]," Burke-Charvet said. "I have seen my fair share of shocking eliminations in the ballroom but this one takes the cake."
Burke-Charvet also took to Twitter, saying: "Thanks for all the love and support. I loved my time in the ballroom and I will love my next chapter too. Change is positive. Love you guys!"
The show has recently fired orchestrator and bandleader Harold Wheeler, along with his 28-member band as well. ABC declined to make an official statement.
"Dancing With the Stars" has made plenty of turnovers in its female hosts. Lisa Canning hosted in 2005 before she was replaced by Samantha Harris, who was on board from 2006 to 2009. Burke-Charvet took the place of Harris in 2010 and completed her last season in 2013.
"Dancing With the Stars" Season 18 will reveal its cast on Good Morning America on Tuesday, March 4. The show will premiere on Monday, March 17 at 8:00 P.M. on ABC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 26, 2014: Past Mistakes, Betrayals And Confrontations In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?