'Dancing With the Stars' 2014 Cast: Fired Brooke Burke-Charvet Shocked That Erin Andrews Will Replace Her
By Vanessa Francisco | February 26, 2014 1:53 PM EST
Brooke Burke-Charvet has just lost her job as a "Dancing With the Stars" co-host and fans assumed it was just a downsizing move since viewer numbers were reportedly down, they cut the Results Show and there's no Celebriquarium anymore. However, according to reports, Brooke's job is being replaced by DWTS Season 10 finalist and sports reporter Erin Andrews. She will join fellow co-host Tom Bergeron in presenting the latest season of the show.
The 35-year-old dancer is said to be the new DWTS co-host and it is expected to be announced soon. Erin will co-host the show only for the week while she continues her work with Fox Sports, This is similar to what Michael Strahan previously did with Fox Sports and "Live With Kelly and Michael."
Andrews competed as a celebrity dancer in season 10 of DWTS just like Burke-Charvet did before her. The popular sports reporter won third place with her professional partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy. Burke-Charvet admitted that she was surprised by her replacement but she also said she understands the show's need for change.
"I have always been one to accept change and look forward to pursuing other opportunities I previously was not able to entertain because of contractual obligations to [DWTS]," Burke-Charvet said. "I have seen my fair share of shocking eliminations in the ballroom but this one takes the cake."
Burke-Charvet also took to Twitter, saying: "Thanks for all the love and support. I loved my time in the ballroom and I will love my next chapter too. Change is positive. Love you guys!"
The show has recently fired orchestrator and bandleader Harold Wheeler, along with his 28-member band as well. ABC declined to make an official statement.
"Dancing With the Stars" has made plenty of turnovers in its female hosts. Lisa Canning hosted in 2005 before she was replaced by Samantha Harris, who was on board from 2006 to 2009. Burke-Charvet took the place of Harris in 2010 and completed her last season in 2013.
"Dancing With the Stars" Season 18 will reveal its cast on Good Morning America on Tuesday, March 4. The show will premiere on Monday, March 17 at 8:00 P.M. on ABC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch