'Dancing With the Stars' 2014 Cast: Fired Brooke Burke-Charvet Shocked That Erin Andrews Will Replace Her
By Vanessa Francisco | February 26, 2014 1:53 PM EST
Brooke Burke-Charvet has just lost her job as a "Dancing With the Stars" co-host and fans assumed it was just a downsizing move since viewer numbers were reportedly down, they cut the Results Show and there's no Celebriquarium anymore. However, according to reports, Brooke's job is being replaced by DWTS Season 10 finalist and sports reporter Erin Andrews. She will join fellow co-host Tom Bergeron in presenting the latest season of the show.
The 35-year-old dancer is said to be the new DWTS co-host and it is expected to be announced soon. Erin will co-host the show only for the week while she continues her work with Fox Sports, This is similar to what Michael Strahan previously did with Fox Sports and "Live With Kelly and Michael."
Andrews competed as a celebrity dancer in season 10 of DWTS just like Burke-Charvet did before her. The popular sports reporter won third place with her professional partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy. Burke-Charvet admitted that she was surprised by her replacement but she also said she understands the show's need for change.
"I have always been one to accept change and look forward to pursuing other opportunities I previously was not able to entertain because of contractual obligations to [DWTS]," Burke-Charvet said. "I have seen my fair share of shocking eliminations in the ballroom but this one takes the cake."
Burke-Charvet also took to Twitter, saying: "Thanks for all the love and support. I loved my time in the ballroom and I will love my next chapter too. Change is positive. Love you guys!"
The show has recently fired orchestrator and bandleader Harold Wheeler, along with his 28-member band as well. ABC declined to make an official statement.
"Dancing With the Stars" has made plenty of turnovers in its female hosts. Lisa Canning hosted in 2005 before she was replaced by Samantha Harris, who was on board from 2006 to 2009. Burke-Charvet took the place of Harris in 2010 and completed her last season in 2013.
"Dancing With the Stars" Season 18 will reveal its cast on Good Morning America on Tuesday, March 4. The show will premiere on Monday, March 17 at 8:00 P.M. on ABC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales