'Battlefield 4' vs. 'Call of Duty: Ghosts': 'Battlefield 4' Platoons Now Testing, 'Ghosts' Digital Hardened Edition Price Cut
By Gel Galang | February 26, 2014 1:52 PM EST
A multiplayer feature may be coming back to "Battlefield 4" in the form of the Platoons. VG 24/7 has spotted the forum post where DICE invited interested participants to join the early testing of the new feature.
"We want to give early access to a smaller group of players to test certain parts of the system before a full rollout and get some even earlier feedback," said TheBikingViking user from DICE.
The thread has already been updated, with DICE announcing that there are already volunteers who have signed up for the testing. But the developers have also assured that the small group access will not be for long and that it be made available for more people to enjoy Platoons.
*Sony's VR headset for the PS4 may be introduced to the public as early as March: Read the details here.
Claiming the Second Batch of 'BF4' Shortcut Kits
With "Battlefield 4's" Player Appreciation Month about to end this February, the Shortcut Kits will also be ending with the last batch already rolling out.
These kits will allow players to unlock weapons for the base game of "Battlefield 4," and best of all, they are free for a limited time. Those who are premium members of "Battlefield 4" will get access to two special Shortcut Kits besides the two other Shortcut Kits available for all "BF4" players.
The first Shortcut Kit contained hand guns for all "BF4" players, while premium members got DMRs. From Feb 25 to March 4, the Shortcut Kits will get grenades, while the premium members will get shotguns.
*Will "Titanfall" be enough to make players switch from the Xbox 360 to the Xbox One and purchase an Xbox One despite having a PS4? Read here for more.
According to the official Battlefield Blog forums, there are three ways to claim the Shortcut Kits, depending on which type a player you is. Console owners would need to access it via the in-game store and find the Shortcut Kit banner before downloading them. PC owners as well as those with premium memberships will need to log in to Battlelog.
Regular players need to go to the store, find the Shortcut Kit and download via Origin, while premium members will need to go through the News Section to get the Shortcut Giveaway, click on the Premium Giveaway and get the Shortcut Kit.
Digital Hardened Edition for 'Ghosts' Gets a Price Cut
Microsoft has proven that, yet again, waiting for that miraculous price drop is worth it. This time, the most recently reduced price belongs to "Call of Duty: Ghosts," Digital Hardened Edition, which now sells for $100 instead of its original $120 price.
*While the Xbox One enjoys a price cut in the UK, the PS4 may continue experiencing scarcity in supplies: Read here for more.
Co-Optimus reports that, at its new price point, the pack is now more attractive, as it features not just a copy of the game but also other in-game bonuses. This include the Season Pass to access four DLC Map Packs for multiplayer; the Team Leader content pack, which features special multiplayer character head, weapon camo, reticle, player card, patch and background; the In-Game Item Pack to allow players to wear special in-game patches; and the Ghosts Insignia Pack.
At $100 with several freebies and the Season Pass access, this is already a pretty good steal, and one that fans of FPS shooters can take advantage of to get into the "Ghosts" hype.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Windows 9 Release: Reasons of Free Download for Windows 8 and Windows 7 Customers
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date and Specs Speculations: Smartphone May Be Released in October or November 2014! – Report
- Windows Phone 8.1: Australia, Canada, New Zealand, U.S. and UK Status; How to Download and Install
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC One E8 (Plastic Variant of HTC One M8) with 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 801 Processor and 2 GB RAM to Hit New Markets Soon
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Apple iPad Mini Air: Three Fresh Features on the Smart Tablet to Wait for
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports