Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Edges Over Tablet Z: IPS Screen, 3D Audio, Android 4.4.2, Longer Battery Life and 3-Year Warranty
By Ryan Inoyori | February 26, 2014 1:50 PM EST
Get the mind blowing design and features of the new Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet fresh from Mobile World Congress. Here are the best and major changes for Xperia tablet planning to upgrade from Xperia Tablet first-generation.
Thinner and Lighter
After one year of development, Sony finally made the second generation Xperia Z2 tablet thinner by 6.4 mm than Tablet Z's 6.9 mm and lighter with 439 g compared to 495 g of the first-gen while retaining the same display size.
More Viewing Angles
Unlike Xperia Z Tablet, Xperia Z2 Tab features In-Plane Switching display so that viewing angles are much better than before. Powered by Triluminos and X-Reality engines to bring out crisp, vivid and livelier images and videos.
Improved Audio Output
Enjoy better sound experience with S-Force front 3D surround speakers, ClearAudio+ and Digital Noise Cancellation on your favourite music tracks and video playback. 3D sound effects also works with gaming apps.
Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet is IP58 certified which means it can resist dust and water over 1 metre within 30 minutes. You can now pair the tablet with Xperia Z2 for exciting underwater shots during outings and events.
New Android and Xperia Home
It runs Android 4.4.2 KitKat with the latest Xperia Home UI launcher that features two home launchers depending on the desired ease of use. Moreover, Sony included the upgraded version of STAMINA mode on the latest firmware that will extend the 6000 mAh battery further compared to what the first-gen can juice up.
Snappier than Before
Xperia Z2 Tablet process faster and quicker than the first-gen due to its Snapdragon 801 from Qualcomm clocked at 2.3 GHz supported by Adreno 330 for better graphics performance. It sports similar processing power with Xperia Z2 Sirius. Sony also expanded the virtual memory to 3 GB of RAM for smoother and efficient multitasking.
Longer Battery Life
Xperia Z2 Tablet lasts for 1240 hours on 2G and 1200 hours on 3G standby modes while talk time may last up to 13 hours similar with multimedia functions. If you love music playback, expect the tablet to last up to 188 hours.
Sony's new Xperia tablet costs from £399 up to £499 in UK depending on the storage size and wireless functionality. In Europe, you can get it from €499 up to €629 depending on the same factors as well. But Sony Mobile featured something unique for the device's warranty, you may pay €1 extra in all European regions with exception of Ireland, Norway and UK in exchange of three-year warranty.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- AT&T Nexus 6 Returned To Motorola Due To Software Bug: Black Screen And Failure To Connect To Service
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners