Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Edges Over Tablet Z: IPS Screen, 3D Audio, Android 4.4.2, Longer Battery Life and 3-Year Warranty
By Ryan Inoyori | February 26, 2014 1:50 PM EST
Get the mind blowing design and features of the new Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet fresh from Mobile World Congress. Here are the best and major changes for Xperia tablet planning to upgrade from Xperia Tablet first-generation.
Thinner and Lighter
After one year of development, Sony finally made the second generation Xperia Z2 tablet thinner by 6.4 mm than Tablet Z's 6.9 mm and lighter with 439 g compared to 495 g of the first-gen while retaining the same display size.
More Viewing Angles
Unlike Xperia Z Tablet, Xperia Z2 Tab features In-Plane Switching display so that viewing angles are much better than before. Powered by Triluminos and X-Reality engines to bring out crisp, vivid and livelier images and videos.
Improved Audio Output
Enjoy better sound experience with S-Force front 3D surround speakers, ClearAudio+ and Digital Noise Cancellation on your favourite music tracks and video playback. 3D sound effects also works with gaming apps.
Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet is IP58 certified which means it can resist dust and water over 1 metre within 30 minutes. You can now pair the tablet with Xperia Z2 for exciting underwater shots during outings and events.
New Android and Xperia Home
It runs Android 4.4.2 KitKat with the latest Xperia Home UI launcher that features two home launchers depending on the desired ease of use. Moreover, Sony included the upgraded version of STAMINA mode on the latest firmware that will extend the 6000 mAh battery further compared to what the first-gen can juice up.
Snappier than Before
Xperia Z2 Tablet process faster and quicker than the first-gen due to its Snapdragon 801 from Qualcomm clocked at 2.3 GHz supported by Adreno 330 for better graphics performance. It sports similar processing power with Xperia Z2 Sirius. Sony also expanded the virtual memory to 3 GB of RAM for smoother and efficient multitasking.
Longer Battery Life
Xperia Z2 Tablet lasts for 1240 hours on 2G and 1200 hours on 3G standby modes while talk time may last up to 13 hours similar with multimedia functions. If you love music playback, expect the tablet to last up to 188 hours.
Sony's new Xperia tablet costs from £399 up to £499 in UK depending on the storage size and wireless functionality. In Europe, you can get it from €499 up to €629 depending on the same factors as well. But Sony Mobile featured something unique for the device's warranty, you may pay €1 extra in all European regions with exception of Ireland, Norway and UK in exchange of three-year warranty.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown