Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Edges Over Tablet Z: IPS Screen, 3D Audio, Android 4.4.2, Longer Battery Life and 3-Year Warranty
By Ryan Inoyori | February 26, 2014 1:50 PM EST
Get the mind blowing design and features of the new Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet fresh from Mobile World Congress. Here are the best and major changes for Xperia tablet planning to upgrade from Xperia Tablet first-generation.
Thinner and Lighter
After one year of development, Sony finally made the second generation Xperia Z2 tablet thinner by 6.4 mm than Tablet Z's 6.9 mm and lighter with 439 g compared to 495 g of the first-gen while retaining the same display size.
More Viewing Angles
Unlike Xperia Z Tablet, Xperia Z2 Tab features In-Plane Switching display so that viewing angles are much better than before. Powered by Triluminos and X-Reality engines to bring out crisp, vivid and livelier images and videos.
Improved Audio Output
Enjoy better sound experience with S-Force front 3D surround speakers, ClearAudio+ and Digital Noise Cancellation on your favourite music tracks and video playback. 3D sound effects also works with gaming apps.
Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet is IP58 certified which means it can resist dust and water over 1 metre within 30 minutes. You can now pair the tablet with Xperia Z2 for exciting underwater shots during outings and events.
New Android and Xperia Home
It runs Android 4.4.2 KitKat with the latest Xperia Home UI launcher that features two home launchers depending on the desired ease of use. Moreover, Sony included the upgraded version of STAMINA mode on the latest firmware that will extend the 6000 mAh battery further compared to what the first-gen can juice up.
Snappier than Before
Xperia Z2 Tablet process faster and quicker than the first-gen due to its Snapdragon 801 from Qualcomm clocked at 2.3 GHz supported by Adreno 330 for better graphics performance. It sports similar processing power with Xperia Z2 Sirius. Sony also expanded the virtual memory to 3 GB of RAM for smoother and efficient multitasking.
Longer Battery Life
Xperia Z2 Tablet lasts for 1240 hours on 2G and 1200 hours on 3G standby modes while talk time may last up to 13 hours similar with multimedia functions. If you love music playback, expect the tablet to last up to 188 hours.
Sony's new Xperia tablet costs from £399 up to £499 in UK depending on the storage size and wireless functionality. In Europe, you can get it from €499 up to €629 depending on the same factors as well. But Sony Mobile featured something unique for the device's warranty, you may pay €1 extra in all European regions with exception of Ireland, Norway and UK in exchange of three-year warranty.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Xbox One Fixes And Free Gifts, Bonnie Ross Apologises For Issues
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid