Protest for Bieber Moving to Atlanta, a Hoax from Atlanta Radio Station
By Maychelle Ornos | February 26, 2014 1:36 PM EST
The much publicized Pop star, Justin Bieber, has earlier announced that he is moving to Atlanta with plans to further his career in hip hop. However, this move has become controversial as homeowners were planning to prevent the move of the 19-year-old singer into their neighbourhood. The scandals that Bieber has been linked with are the reasons why Buckhead residents are not in favour of the Pop star moving in to the posh neighbourhood.
Pop singer Justin Bieber appears via video conference in his first court appearance after being arrested on a drunk driving charge in Miami, Florida in this file photo taken January 23, 2014. Bieber, who racked up charges in two cities in the span of a week, would be wise to use provocative songstress Miley Cyrus as his guide to navigate the transition from teen pop stardom to a serious adult career, branding and celebrity crisis experts said.
The said protest was posted in Facebook and more than 250 individuals have already listed for the event that is scheduled at 6:00 AM in Monday, as reported by NY Daily News. The parents are concerned that Bieber will put their children at risk because of the lifestyle of the artist. The neighbourhood houses some of the rich and influential people of Atlanta, although there are many celebrities living on this side of the street, only Bieber has caused this much attention from the residents.
Driving under the influence and the egging incident back in Los Angeles has gone viral and there are pending cases against the young Pop star. The protest has gained much attention and has been featured in several news reports, however it may be a hoax.
The alleged protest was posted by Rock 100.5's "The Regular Guys" show and was clarified by Steve Rickman in an interview with E! News, the host stated that the protesters were only interns of the said rock station. The protest was merely a prank from the show and it is even posted in their site. Several news channels like CNN, Time, and The Guardian have reported and followed the fictional protest. Many other online sites have also picked up the news and made it headlines.
"The Regular Guys" airs every morning from 5:30 to 9 AM. It only shows how the news about the "Baby" singer gets viral fast and everyone has their eyes on his every move. Currently, the Bieber is renting the mansion of rap mogul Dallas Austin in the exclusive and posh neighbourhood and seems to be enjoying his time in Atlanta. He is currently working on his new album while looking for a property to move in to.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS