Protest for Bieber Moving to Atlanta, a Hoax from Atlanta Radio Station
By Maychelle Ornos | February 26, 2014 1:36 PM EST
The much publicized Pop star, Justin Bieber, has earlier announced that he is moving to Atlanta with plans to further his career in hip hop. However, this move has become controversial as homeowners were planning to prevent the move of the 19-year-old singer into their neighbourhood. The scandals that Bieber has been linked with are the reasons why Buckhead residents are not in favour of the Pop star moving in to the posh neighbourhood.
Pop singer Justin Bieber appears via video conference in his first court appearance after being arrested on a drunk driving charge in Miami, Florida in this file photo taken January 23, 2014. Bieber, who racked up charges in two cities in the span of a week, would be wise to use provocative songstress Miley Cyrus as his guide to navigate the transition from teen pop stardom to a serious adult career, branding and celebrity crisis experts said.
The said protest was posted in Facebook and more than 250 individuals have already listed for the event that is scheduled at 6:00 AM in Monday, as reported by NY Daily News. The parents are concerned that Bieber will put their children at risk because of the lifestyle of the artist. The neighbourhood houses some of the rich and influential people of Atlanta, although there are many celebrities living on this side of the street, only Bieber has caused this much attention from the residents.
Driving under the influence and the egging incident back in Los Angeles has gone viral and there are pending cases against the young Pop star. The protest has gained much attention and has been featured in several news reports, however it may be a hoax.
The alleged protest was posted by Rock 100.5's "The Regular Guys" show and was clarified by Steve Rickman in an interview with E! News, the host stated that the protesters were only interns of the said rock station. The protest was merely a prank from the show and it is even posted in their site. Several news channels like CNN, Time, and The Guardian have reported and followed the fictional protest. Many other online sites have also picked up the news and made it headlines.
"The Regular Guys" airs every morning from 5:30 to 9 AM. It only shows how the news about the "Baby" singer gets viral fast and everyone has their eyes on his every move. Currently, the Bieber is renting the mansion of rap mogul Dallas Austin in the exclusive and posh neighbourhood and seems to be enjoying his time in Atlanta. He is currently working on his new album while looking for a property to move in to.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage