Samsung Galaxy S5 Must Haves: Glam Up With Cases and Accessories
By Gel Galang | February 26, 2014 1:07 PM EST
With the announcement of the Samsung Galaxy S5 over at the MWC 2014 and a release date of the device this April 2014, it's time to look at the accessories that go with the device as well as the available cases that users can doll it up with.
Samsung Battery Cover
Included in the long list of covers and accessories for the Samsung Galaxy S5 is the Samsung Battery cover, which is also one of the more useful.
The ones that have been showcased at the MWC 2014 feature the addition of a 6A battery, allowing users to get more juice for device while protecting it at the same time. Mobigyaan features a screenshot of the sample case, which is a white variant of the cover.
Case-Mate Covers for the Samsung Galaxy S5
Third-party manufacturers have also sprung up to start selling covers for Samsung's newest flagship phone.
Clove.co reports that the likes of Case-Mate are already allowing orders of cases, particularly for two kinds of covers: the Samsung Galaxy S5 Case-Mate Barely There and the Samsung Galaxy S5 Case-Mate Tough Case for starters.
The official Case-Mate Web site already has a tab for the Samsung Galaxy S5, with a number of coming-soon designs ready for unveiling. Some of the other designs include the Brilliance case, the Emerge case, the Caliber case, the Pop! case and the Wallet Folio case, to name a few. So far, the price range listed is anywhere between $35 for the simpler designs and $80 for the likes of the Brilliance case. Check out the link above for a look at the designs.
*The Xbox One bundled with "Titanfall" is official and coming---but the price cut like that in the UK is not: Read the full story here.
Cool Third-Party Covers
Those who prefer to shop around beyond what Samsung offers for the Galaxy S5 cases and covers can look at a number of third-party manufacturers. T3 has compiled a list of different Samsung Galaxy S5 case makers, depending on a user's taste and style.
Those with slippery fingers can be a little more at east when they dress up their Samsung Galaxy S5 with the Quiksilver Redemption, X-Doria Scene or Griffin Survivor, wherein each brand has an increasing layer of protection. These brands offer polycarbonate casing to a military-grade protection that can withstand a 6-ft fall for the Samsung Galaxy S5.
There's Barbour Leather folio, which has pretty good solid colours and prints, leather body and a tartan lining, though the selections are not protective of any drops or slip-ups.
*Now that "Thief" is out, it's time to see if a new installment and reboot is worth playing 10 years after the last game: Read the review here.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Headphones
Listening to music can now also be trademarked as a Samsung Galaxy S5 experience, as the Korean company releases its own branded headphones.
Pocket-Lint features a snapshot of the gold-coloured accessories, which are a great match for the gold-coloured Samsung Galaxy S5 variant. According to the report, there is a noise cancelling function, Bluetooth connectivity for wireless capability and a power switch for battery saving.
Wireless Charging Covers
Much like its predecessor, the Samsung Galaxy S5 will also feature wireless charging covers. This S View Cover allows for wireless charging via the S Charger, which was showcased at the MWC 2014. It seems that the wireless charging technology has been built into the case.
Droid-Life adds that the wireless charging S View Flip Covers also come in various colours, which can make the Samsung Galaxy S5 line one of the most colourful to date.
The same goes for the Flip Wallet. Pocket-Lint also features snapshots of Samsung's own line of Flip Wallet, which allows users to keep their Samsung Galaxy S5 alongside theirr credit cards and cash. Users can easily make out the colours pink, black, white, gold and blue gray in the display.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Skype Gets A New Exclusive Feature On The Windows Phone
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]