Harry Potter Star Daniel Radcliffe: Sexy, Long Hair Takes Work
By Annie Dee | February 26, 2014 12:53 PM EST
Harry Potter is looking a lot like a blonde Snape these days. Daniel Radcliffe turned up on the WhatsonStage Awards to collect his best actor award for his outstanding performance in the Cripple of Inishmaan with shoulder-length extensions, surprising almost everyone, the Irish Independent reported. After all, this is a far cry from his clean-shaven and adorable look during his days as the Potter boy that captured the hearts of many girls.
Radcliffe, now 24, a tad older compared to his Potter days shared that his hair extensions are not easy to maintain. He put hair extensions for his role as Igor in Frankenstein the movie. Asked how he is loving his new sexy, long hair, Radcliffe has nothing but praises to girls who have long hair.
For him, maintaining a long mane is a nightmare. Not because it looks bad on him, but because it takes work to deal with it. Radcliffe shared, "I don't mind how it looks but I mind dealing with it. I don't know why any man would have it voluntarily."
If there is one thing that he loves about sporting a long hair though is the anonymity that it afforded him. He can now walk down the street without legions of fans recognizing him and rushing after Harry Potter.
Radcliffe also admitted that having long hair is fun because it is different. He shared, "I actually don't mind it because there's something really fun about looking totally different and seeing yourself that way. But it's not a permanent change."
Aside from talking about his hair, Radcliffe also talked about the role that made him appear on the WhatsonStage Awards in the first place. Radcliffe won an award for his remarkable performance in the West End revival of Martin McDonagh's The Cripple of Inishmaan.
He played a bullied, disabled boy who dared to dream about becoming famous when he learned that a Hollywood film is shooting close by. This is not that different from playing Harry Potter, a boy that is unwanted and unloved until he learned that a world of wizardry awaits him.
The saga that is Harry Potter ended years ago so it was also great for Daniel Radcliffe to be reunited with Rupert Grint, his Potter co-star. Rupert Grint was also noteworthy in his performance in Mojo, earning him the best newcomer award.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Will Feature Nude Scene Confirmed—Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1: ‘The Biggest Action Sequence That We Have Ever Attempted’ [VIDEO]
- 'Terminator' 5 And 'Jurassic World' Trailers To Be Released Soon
- ‘Star Wars’ 7 Plot Leak – New Villain And Stormtroopers New Look [Spoilers]
- 'Doctor Who' Casting News: 'GOT' Actress Rose Leslie Favoured To Play As 'Clara Oswald'
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region
- Motorola Moto X+1 On Release Date To Come With Snapdragon 800 Processor, 2 GB RAM, 4K Recording And 5.2-Inch Display