Katy Perry Gets in Trouble with Muslims for Burning 'Allah's' Name in 'Dark Horse' Music Video [ VIDEO]
By nidhi tewari | February 26, 2014 12:48 PM EST
Katy Perry is in real trouble. Her latest music video for "Dark Horse" has been blasted and called blasphemous by Muslims across the globe. Critics are demanding that YouTube takes down the music video of Perry as it depicts a scene where a man wearing a chain with the Arabic spelling of "Allah" on it and then it vanishes into dust. Muslims around the world believe that it is disrespectful for Perry to consider getting their God's name gather dust.
Singer Katy Perry performs at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014. REUTERS/Toby Melville
The controversial scene happens at when Perry is seen next to a man who is wearing two chains. One of his chains is at the centre of his chest and has the logo of Rick Ross' Maybach Music Group. This is not the one that causes trouble but the other one which has the Arabic word for Allah written on it. The lightning strikes the chain wearing man in next scene. He turns to ashes and gathers dust along with his two chains in the neck! The scene is hardly one minute long and could be missed in a jiffy. However, for the religious minded people it is enough to lodge a petition against the singer.
"Youtube to remove Katy Perry's video 'Dark Horse' from their website," read the caption of the petition which has garnered more than 27 thousand signatures (and counting) till date.
"The video is considered as highly controversial to its viewers as a result of its portrayal of blasphemy. At 01:15 into the video Dark Horse; a man is shown being burned, whilst wearing a pendant (also burned) forming the word 'Allah', which is the Arabic word for God," the petition reads.
"The video promotes blasphemy, using the name of God in an irrelevant and distasteful manner would be considered inappropriate by any religion. We hope that the video itself depicting such images is removed. Such acts are not condoned nor tolerated, we hope YouTube will remove the video," it adds further.
Have a look at the music video below and give us your suggestions if Perry should delete that particular scene of remove the video completely?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer Reveals Sith Plus John Boyega And Daisy Ridley’s Characters And Much More—Reports
- Cameron Diaz, Benji Madden Engaged – Reports
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Winner: Eliminated Contestants Predict Who Could Win It All
- Channing Tatum-Jenna Dewan Tatum Split: Channing Disregards Amber Heard Link-Up Reports, Says Wife 'Puts Everything in Perspective'
- Prince Harry Enjoys Three-Day Visit To Oman, Picks Up Present For Prince George And Performs With Traditional Sword Dancers
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary