‘The Voice’ Season 6 Episode 1 Spoilers, Recap: Everything that Happened in Premiere; Blind Auditions, Internet Celebrities and Judges’ Performance
By jaskiran kaur | February 26, 2014 12:44 PM EST
Emmy Award winning, NBC's biggest reality singing competition "The Voice" is back. Kicking off its spring installment of the year 2014, the show premiered on Monday night, Feb. 24, 2014. The all new season 6 will feature new talent, mentors and new panel of judges/coaches. Returning to the show are Usher and Shakira alongside three time winning coach Blake Shelton and two time winning coach Adam Levine. Carson Daly continues to be the essential part of the show as the host. Read full article to find out all the details of "The Voice" Season 6 Episode 1 featuring the most exciting phase of the show, blind auditions. [Warning: Spoilers Alert!]
'The Voice' Season 6 (2014) Premiere
NBC's "The Voice" returned on Monday night in a two-hour special premiere episode. Season 6 (2014) will follow the one-of-a-kind format including the four stages: Blind Auditions, Knockout Rounds, Battle Rounds and Live Show Performances.
Episode 1 featured night 1 of the blind auditions, which had some amazing talents showing off their skills of singing and performing to be selected in one of the four teams headed by coaches: Shakira, Usher, Blake Shelton and Adam Levine.
But before the blind auditions started, "The Voice" Season 6 Episode 1 began with an entertaining medley of hits by the four coaches. While Blake Shelton performed Shakira's "Whenever Wherever," the pop diva took on his "Boys Round Here." Meanwhile, Usher sang Maroon 5's "Love Somebody" and Adam Levine performed his hit "Without You."
'The Voice' Season 6 (2014) Episode 1: Blind Auditions Day 1 (Spoilers, Recap)
Soon after the medley performance by judges, blind auditions began. Artists performed to impress the judges who will select them to be in their team for the rest of the season. On Day 1 of blind auditions, 11 artists from the U.S. performed.
Blind auditions kicked off with YouTube sensation and songstress Christina Grimmie who performed Miley Cyrus' "Wrecking Ball." Her performances caused all the four chairs of judges to turn. Reportedly, Christina is quite an internet celebrity already as she has almost 2million subscribers to her YouTube channel.
Christina was followed by a male artist from L.A. named TJ Wilkins. TJ Wilkins sang Elton John's "Bennie and the Jets" which got Usher, Blake Shelton and Adam Levine turn their chairs while Shakira held back.
Up next was 29-year-old Kristen Merlin who performed Sugarland's "Something More." Her performance impressed Adam Levine and Shakira.
She was followed by 16-year-old Tanner Linfod who apparently looks younger than his age. He sang Rihanna's "Stay" but no chairs turned around for him.
45-year-old Biff Gore took over the stage after Tanner Linford. He is a father of five children who will soon become father of the sixth one. He sang "A Change is Gonna Come" by Sam Cooke and got all four chairs turned around.
Up next was a cute couple Dawn & Hawkes who sang The Beatles' "I've Just Seen a Face." Their performance impressed all the four judges but only got Adam and Shakira turn their chair.
26-year-old Leo Gallo performed "Blurred Lines" by Robin Thicke but failed to get any of the chairs turned around. He is also an amazing dancer.
Jeremy Briggs took over the stage next, while performing a rendition of "Bad Company" which got Blake and Shakira interested.
Jake Worthington returned to the stage of "The Voice" after first appearing in "The Voice" Season 5. His Keith Whitely's "Don't Close Your Eyes" cover got Shakira, Adam and Blake turn their chairs.
Violinist and singer Karina Mia sang "Beneath Your Beautiful" by Labrinth Feat. Emeli Sande. But she failed to get judges to turn around their chairs
Last for the blind auditions in "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) Episode 1 was Bria Kelly. The 17-year-old artist got all the four chairs turned to her with her James Taylor's "Streamroller Blues" performance.
'The Voice' Season 6 (2014) Episode 1 Blind Auditions Results (Spoilers, Recap)
11 artists performed on Day 1 of blind auditions in "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) Episode 1. Out of 11, eight artists were elected to be in the coach's team.
Team Usher: Biff Gore, Bria Kelly and T.J. Wilkins
Team Adam: Christina Grimmie and Dawn & Hawkes
Team Shakira: Jeremy Briggs, Kristen Merlin
Blake Shelton: Jake Worthington
"The Voice" Season 6 (2014) Episode 1 will be followed by blind auditions Day 2 on Tuesday, Feb.25. So stay tuned to NBC.
For more spoilers and recap of "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?