‘The Voice’ Season 6 Episode 1 Spoilers, Recap: Everything that Happened in Premiere; Blind Auditions, Internet Celebrities and Judges’ Performance
By jaskiran kaur | February 26, 2014 12:44 PM EST
Emmy Award winning, NBC's biggest reality singing competition "The Voice" is back. Kicking off its spring installment of the year 2014, the show premiered on Monday night, Feb. 24, 2014. The all new season 6 will feature new talent, mentors and new panel of judges/coaches. Returning to the show are Usher and Shakira alongside three time winning coach Blake Shelton and two time winning coach Adam Levine. Carson Daly continues to be the essential part of the show as the host. Read full article to find out all the details of "The Voice" Season 6 Episode 1 featuring the most exciting phase of the show, blind auditions. [Warning: Spoilers Alert!]
'The Voice' Season 6 (2014) Premiere
NBC's "The Voice" returned on Monday night in a two-hour special premiere episode. Season 6 (2014) will follow the one-of-a-kind format including the four stages: Blind Auditions, Knockout Rounds, Battle Rounds and Live Show Performances.
Episode 1 featured night 1 of the blind auditions, which had some amazing talents showing off their skills of singing and performing to be selected in one of the four teams headed by coaches: Shakira, Usher, Blake Shelton and Adam Levine.
But before the blind auditions started, "The Voice" Season 6 Episode 1 began with an entertaining medley of hits by the four coaches. While Blake Shelton performed Shakira's "Whenever Wherever," the pop diva took on his "Boys Round Here." Meanwhile, Usher sang Maroon 5's "Love Somebody" and Adam Levine performed his hit "Without You."
'The Voice' Season 6 (2014) Episode 1: Blind Auditions Day 1 (Spoilers, Recap)
Soon after the medley performance by judges, blind auditions began. Artists performed to impress the judges who will select them to be in their team for the rest of the season. On Day 1 of blind auditions, 11 artists from the U.S. performed.
Blind auditions kicked off with YouTube sensation and songstress Christina Grimmie who performed Miley Cyrus' "Wrecking Ball." Her performances caused all the four chairs of judges to turn. Reportedly, Christina is quite an internet celebrity already as she has almost 2million subscribers to her YouTube channel.
Christina was followed by a male artist from L.A. named TJ Wilkins. TJ Wilkins sang Elton John's "Bennie and the Jets" which got Usher, Blake Shelton and Adam Levine turn their chairs while Shakira held back.
Up next was 29-year-old Kristen Merlin who performed Sugarland's "Something More." Her performance impressed Adam Levine and Shakira.
She was followed by 16-year-old Tanner Linfod who apparently looks younger than his age. He sang Rihanna's "Stay" but no chairs turned around for him.
45-year-old Biff Gore took over the stage after Tanner Linford. He is a father of five children who will soon become father of the sixth one. He sang "A Change is Gonna Come" by Sam Cooke and got all four chairs turned around.
Up next was a cute couple Dawn & Hawkes who sang The Beatles' "I've Just Seen a Face." Their performance impressed all the four judges but only got Adam and Shakira turn their chair.
26-year-old Leo Gallo performed "Blurred Lines" by Robin Thicke but failed to get any of the chairs turned around. He is also an amazing dancer.
Jeremy Briggs took over the stage next, while performing a rendition of "Bad Company" which got Blake and Shakira interested.
Jake Worthington returned to the stage of "The Voice" after first appearing in "The Voice" Season 5. His Keith Whitely's "Don't Close Your Eyes" cover got Shakira, Adam and Blake turn their chairs.
Violinist and singer Karina Mia sang "Beneath Your Beautiful" by Labrinth Feat. Emeli Sande. But she failed to get judges to turn around their chairs
Last for the blind auditions in "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) Episode 1 was Bria Kelly. The 17-year-old artist got all the four chairs turned to her with her James Taylor's "Streamroller Blues" performance.
'The Voice' Season 6 (2014) Episode 1 Blind Auditions Results (Spoilers, Recap)
11 artists performed on Day 1 of blind auditions in "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) Episode 1. Out of 11, eight artists were elected to be in the coach's team.
Team Usher: Biff Gore, Bria Kelly and T.J. Wilkins
Team Adam: Christina Grimmie and Dawn & Hawkes
Team Shakira: Jeremy Briggs, Kristen Merlin
Blake Shelton: Jake Worthington
"The Voice" Season 6 (2014) Episode 1 will be followed by blind auditions Day 2 on Tuesday, Feb.25. So stay tuned to NBC.
For more spoilers and recap of "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales