‘The Voice’ Season 6 Episode 1 Spoilers, Recap: Everything that Happened in Premiere; Blind Auditions, Internet Celebrities and Judges’ Performance
By jaskiran kaur | February 26, 2014 12:44 PM EST
Emmy Award winning, NBC's biggest reality singing competition "The Voice" is back. Kicking off its spring installment of the year 2014, the show premiered on Monday night, Feb. 24, 2014. The all new season 6 will feature new talent, mentors and new panel of judges/coaches. Returning to the show are Usher and Shakira alongside three time winning coach Blake Shelton and two time winning coach Adam Levine. Carson Daly continues to be the essential part of the show as the host. Read full article to find out all the details of "The Voice" Season 6 Episode 1 featuring the most exciting phase of the show, blind auditions. [Warning: Spoilers Alert!]
'The Voice' Season 6 (2014) Premiere
NBC's "The Voice" returned on Monday night in a two-hour special premiere episode. Season 6 (2014) will follow the one-of-a-kind format including the four stages: Blind Auditions, Knockout Rounds, Battle Rounds and Live Show Performances.
Episode 1 featured night 1 of the blind auditions, which had some amazing talents showing off their skills of singing and performing to be selected in one of the four teams headed by coaches: Shakira, Usher, Blake Shelton and Adam Levine.
But before the blind auditions started, "The Voice" Season 6 Episode 1 began with an entertaining medley of hits by the four coaches. While Blake Shelton performed Shakira's "Whenever Wherever," the pop diva took on his "Boys Round Here." Meanwhile, Usher sang Maroon 5's "Love Somebody" and Adam Levine performed his hit "Without You."
'The Voice' Season 6 (2014) Episode 1: Blind Auditions Day 1 (Spoilers, Recap)
Soon after the medley performance by judges, blind auditions began. Artists performed to impress the judges who will select them to be in their team for the rest of the season. On Day 1 of blind auditions, 11 artists from the U.S. performed.
Blind auditions kicked off with YouTube sensation and songstress Christina Grimmie who performed Miley Cyrus' "Wrecking Ball." Her performances caused all the four chairs of judges to turn. Reportedly, Christina is quite an internet celebrity already as she has almost 2million subscribers to her YouTube channel.
Christina was followed by a male artist from L.A. named TJ Wilkins. TJ Wilkins sang Elton John's "Bennie and the Jets" which got Usher, Blake Shelton and Adam Levine turn their chairs while Shakira held back.
Up next was 29-year-old Kristen Merlin who performed Sugarland's "Something More." Her performance impressed Adam Levine and Shakira.
She was followed by 16-year-old Tanner Linfod who apparently looks younger than his age. He sang Rihanna's "Stay" but no chairs turned around for him.
45-year-old Biff Gore took over the stage after Tanner Linford. He is a father of five children who will soon become father of the sixth one. He sang "A Change is Gonna Come" by Sam Cooke and got all four chairs turned around.
Up next was a cute couple Dawn & Hawkes who sang The Beatles' "I've Just Seen a Face." Their performance impressed all the four judges but only got Adam and Shakira turn their chair.
26-year-old Leo Gallo performed "Blurred Lines" by Robin Thicke but failed to get any of the chairs turned around. He is also an amazing dancer.
Jeremy Briggs took over the stage next, while performing a rendition of "Bad Company" which got Blake and Shakira interested.
Jake Worthington returned to the stage of "The Voice" after first appearing in "The Voice" Season 5. His Keith Whitely's "Don't Close Your Eyes" cover got Shakira, Adam and Blake turn their chairs.
Violinist and singer Karina Mia sang "Beneath Your Beautiful" by Labrinth Feat. Emeli Sande. But she failed to get judges to turn around their chairs
Last for the blind auditions in "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) Episode 1 was Bria Kelly. The 17-year-old artist got all the four chairs turned to her with her James Taylor's "Streamroller Blues" performance.
'The Voice' Season 6 (2014) Episode 1 Blind Auditions Results (Spoilers, Recap)
11 artists performed on Day 1 of blind auditions in "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) Episode 1. Out of 11, eight artists were elected to be in the coach's team.
Team Usher: Biff Gore, Bria Kelly and T.J. Wilkins
Team Adam: Christina Grimmie and Dawn & Hawkes
Team Shakira: Jeremy Briggs, Kristen Merlin
Blake Shelton: Jake Worthington
"The Voice" Season 6 (2014) Episode 1 will be followed by blind auditions Day 2 on Tuesday, Feb.25. So stay tuned to NBC.
For more spoilers and recap of "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display