Apple Inc (NASDAQ:AAPL) Stock Not Moving Beyond $550; Tim Cook Remembers Steve Jobs' Birthday on Twitter
By Reissa Su | February 26, 2014 12:03 PM EST
Apple Inc (NASDAQ:AAPL) stocks continue to stay within the $490 and $550 range with analysts saying the company may not be doing so well since the last time it announced its earnings report. Several analysts have predicted that Apple shares will continue to move within a certain range. OCBC Investment Research analysts said that Apple Inc stocks could decline as low as $490 and will not go beyond $550 in for some time in the foreseeable future.
Apple Inc CEO Tim Cook speaks about the new iPad Air and the iPad mini with Retnia display during an Apple event in San Francisco, California October 22, 2013.
Apple Inc remains a favourite stock among billionaires, according to Fortune which created a chart of top ten holdings by billionaire investors based on iBillionaire data. An iOS application, iBillionaire and Web site, iBilliionaire.me, has transformed into an exchange-traded fund (ETF) that offered investors a 30-stock portfolio chosen to mimic the investment strategies of 21 billionaires, including George Soros, Warren Buffet and Carl Icahn.
Rumoured Touch Macbook to drive stocks?
Rumours of Apple Inc releasing a Touch MacBook have been circulating for quite some time. With investors continue to await Apple's next big and innovative product, news of the tech giant filing a patent with a MacBook housing a I/O device was of interest. Apple observers and reports said this could mean a new feature that would enable MacBook users to have more input "motions" with an interactive touchscreen display with sensors placed along the bezel and base of the device.
Since the information is based on a patent, there is no way of knowing if Apple will include the specified innovation to any of its products within the year. The company is known for its secrecy before launching its new products that reliable information is hard to come by.
If a Touch MacBook would indeed make its way to the market, it may be something to watch out for if it could drive Apple stocks beyond the $550 mark set by analysts.
Tim Cook remembers Steve Jobs' birthday
Apple co-founder Steve Jobs would have turned 59 on Feb 24, 2014, if not for his death in October 2011. Apple Inc CEO Tim Cook and Mr Jobs' COO back when he was still head of the company took to social media to commemorate the iconic Steve Jobs. Mr Cook tweeted a few quotable quotes of Mr Jobs in his honor.
Mr Cook tweeted "Remembering my friend Steve on his birthday" followed by another, "Stay hungry, Stay foolish." Mr Cook said he and everyone in the company will honor Steve Jobs by continuing his work.
A few minutes later, Mr Cook tweeted another quote,"Details matter. It's worth waiting to get it right."
Apple has come a long way from its humble beginnings in Steve Jobs' parents' house garage with co-founder Steve Wozniak.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- Biggest Australian IPO in 4 Years as Healthscope Could Raises $2.12 Billion
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales