UK Boy, 14, Sets World Record to Become Youngest Person to Face Rape Charges Against Own Mother
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | February 26, 2014 11:56 AM EST
A 14-year-old boy from Lancashire has been facing rape charges against his own mother. According to Lancashire Police, the attack by the boy from Blackpool on his mother took place on Sunday, Feb 23, during the earlier part of the day. Later on, the boy was taken before Preston magistrates, BBC reported.
This appears to be a case of the youngest person in the entire world to be charged with rape against his mother. The teenager who appears to hold the latest world record, however, cannot be named due to legal reasons. Blackpool Magistrates Court District Judge Jeff Brailsford adjudged the alleged act of the boy to be a "grave crime," according to Blackpool Gazette. The boy was ordered to be kept in custody. He is scheduled to appear at Preston Crown Court for the next hearing on March 11.
The latest world record apparently beats the previous instance which also took place in the UK. The previous case involved a 15-year-old boy from Swansea who admitted raping his own mother. The unprecedented case in legal history took place 10 years ago in 2004. When the boy pleaded guilty to rape at Swansea Crown Court, his mother - sitting close by her son - was seen weeping. BBC archive revealed that Judge Jonathan Durham Hall had admitted that he was unable to recall any similar criminal offence in the entire legal history of the UK. Even if something similar happened before, nobody was able to recollect it, he said.
Barrister John Hipkin who defended the teenager admitted in court that the case was, to his imagination, the saddest and most difficult one. Mr Hipkin said that social workers, probation officers and psychiatrists should come up with ideas to help. The jury was even sworn in and that was when the boy changed his plea all of a sudden. According to Mr Hipkin, the case remained stressful to the boy's mother.
One has to wait and watch how the recent case in Blackpool would turn out.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced