Prince Harry Starts Royal Marriage Protocols, Proposes To Cressida Bonas?
By Anne Lu | February 26, 2014 10:58 AM EST
Prince Harry has reportedly commenced “royal marriage protocols” so he can marry Cressida Bonas as soon as possible. Rumours abound that the 29-year-old British royal has already proposed to the 24-year-old socialite after dating for 18 months.
Britain's Prince William (R), The Duke of Cambridge, and Prince Harry (L) listen as they attend the Illegal Wildlife Trade Conference at Lancaster House in central London February 13, 2014. REUTERS/John Stillwell/Pool
According to OK! magazine, Prince William’s younger brother still needs to go through royal protocols before he can obtain approval in marrying Cressida, which means he would have to formally ask his grandmother Queen Elizabeth II’s permission.
“Palace sources say there’s not been a formal request made to her majesty yet, but the fact we’re hearing about it means it’s likely he’s already popped the question and they’re waiting until all the boxes are ticked before formally announcing it,” an insider told the U.S. magazine.
Apparently, Cressida is basically already living with Harry at the Kensington Palace, which is deemed an improper royal arrangement.
“Cressida has been staying with Harry pretty much every night for the last few weeks. So Harry felt it was sensible that she got the security clearance to come and go as she pleases, instead of always having to enter with him,” a source told Grazia magazine.
“She’s now on first name terms with all the security guards, and uses all three entrances to the palace.”
Although Harry and Cressida’s living arrangement isn’t an ideal one, it appears that they wouldn’t have to worry about the Queen giving her blessing to their union.
“It’s no secret the queen would dearly love to see her roguish grandson settle down, and she thinks Cressy is his ideal match,” the source continued to OK! magazine.
“She likes that [Cressy] comes from a good family, plus she has a twinkle in her eye that reminds [the queen] of her sister, the late Princess Margaret.”
Harry is eager to leave his bachelor status behind after seeing how happy William is with wife Kate Middleton and son George.
“Seeing how happy his brother is ow and how amazing his nephew is, Harry wants all that for himself.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports