Prince Harry Starts Royal Marriage Protocols, Proposes To Cressida Bonas?
By Anne Lu | February 26, 2014 10:58 AM EST
Prince Harry has reportedly commenced “royal marriage protocols” so he can marry Cressida Bonas as soon as possible. Rumours abound that the 29-year-old British royal has already proposed to the 24-year-old socialite after dating for 18 months.
Britain's Prince William (R), The Duke of Cambridge, and Prince Harry (L) listen as they attend the Illegal Wildlife Trade Conference at Lancaster House in central London February 13, 2014. REUTERS/John Stillwell/Pool
According to OK! magazine, Prince William’s younger brother still needs to go through royal protocols before he can obtain approval in marrying Cressida, which means he would have to formally ask his grandmother Queen Elizabeth II’s permission.
“Palace sources say there’s not been a formal request made to her majesty yet, but the fact we’re hearing about it means it’s likely he’s already popped the question and they’re waiting until all the boxes are ticked before formally announcing it,” an insider told the U.S. magazine.
Apparently, Cressida is basically already living with Harry at the Kensington Palace, which is deemed an improper royal arrangement.
“Cressida has been staying with Harry pretty much every night for the last few weeks. So Harry felt it was sensible that she got the security clearance to come and go as she pleases, instead of always having to enter with him,” a source told Grazia magazine.
“She’s now on first name terms with all the security guards, and uses all three entrances to the palace.”
Although Harry and Cressida’s living arrangement isn’t an ideal one, it appears that they wouldn’t have to worry about the Queen giving her blessing to their union.
“It’s no secret the queen would dearly love to see her roguish grandson settle down, and she thinks Cressy is his ideal match,” the source continued to OK! magazine.
“She likes that [Cressy] comes from a good family, plus she has a twinkle in her eye that reminds [the queen] of her sister, the late Princess Margaret.”
Harry is eager to leave his bachelor status behind after seeing how happy William is with wife Kate Middleton and son George.
“Seeing how happy his brother is ow and how amazing his nephew is, Harry wants all that for himself.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Out There To Save His Two Favourite Ladies In Mid-season Finale
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change