Prince Harry Starts Royal Marriage Protocols, Proposes To Cressida Bonas?
By Anne Lu | February 26, 2014 10:58 AM EST
Prince Harry has reportedly commenced “royal marriage protocols” so he can marry Cressida Bonas as soon as possible. Rumours abound that the 29-year-old British royal has already proposed to the 24-year-old socialite after dating for 18 months.
Britain's Prince William (R), The Duke of Cambridge, and Prince Harry (L) listen as they attend the Illegal Wildlife Trade Conference at Lancaster House in central London February 13, 2014. REUTERS/John Stillwell/Pool
According to OK! magazine, Prince William’s younger brother still needs to go through royal protocols before he can obtain approval in marrying Cressida, which means he would have to formally ask his grandmother Queen Elizabeth II’s permission.
“Palace sources say there’s not been a formal request made to her majesty yet, but the fact we’re hearing about it means it’s likely he’s already popped the question and they’re waiting until all the boxes are ticked before formally announcing it,” an insider told the U.S. magazine.
Apparently, Cressida is basically already living with Harry at the Kensington Palace, which is deemed an improper royal arrangement.
“Cressida has been staying with Harry pretty much every night for the last few weeks. So Harry felt it was sensible that she got the security clearance to come and go as she pleases, instead of always having to enter with him,” a source told Grazia magazine.
“She’s now on first name terms with all the security guards, and uses all three entrances to the palace.”
Although Harry and Cressida’s living arrangement isn’t an ideal one, it appears that they wouldn’t have to worry about the Queen giving her blessing to their union.
“It’s no secret the queen would dearly love to see her roguish grandson settle down, and she thinks Cressy is his ideal match,” the source continued to OK! magazine.
“She likes that [Cressy] comes from a good family, plus she has a twinkle in her eye that reminds [the queen] of her sister, the late Princess Margaret.”
Harry is eager to leave his bachelor status behind after seeing how happy William is with wife Kate Middleton and son George.
“Seeing how happy his brother is ow and how amazing his nephew is, Harry wants all that for himself.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight