‘The Walking Dead’ Season 4: Did Eugene Intentionally Shoot the Gas Tank of the Truck? (Spoilers)
By Tarun Mazumdar | February 26, 2014 10:04 AM EST
Eugene Porter is an interesting character. For instance, he has a crush of Abraham's girl, Rosita Espinosa. No wonder, she is the brand new hottie in "The Walking Dead" world. Meanwhile, in the last episode of season 4, Glenn and Abraham are busy fighting and a group walkers attack. Eugene tries to get the attention of the walkers, but fails. He takes a gun and attempts to use it. He only ends up shooting the firearm in every direction.
Later, Abraham and Glenn join Eugene and they get rid of the walkers. After clearing the mess, they realise the truck has bullet holes and leaking gasoline. It is of no use for them. Is Eugene really that dumb with the gun?
The question here: Did Eugene intentionally shoot the gas tank of the truck?
Zap2it talked to Josh McDermitt (Eugene Porter) and asked this question.
"There's two ways to look at it for someone like Eugene. I kind of like to look at it like he's in the middle of a chess match where he's thinking three or four moves ahead of his opponents. When the fight's going on, Eugene's hanging back by the truck, partly because Abraham probably told him, 'Hey, if we ever need to get out of the truck or whatever, the safest place is you to stay there,' because to everyone else, Eugene's the package. He's the most important element of their mission."
"But then also Eugene's probably going, 'Okay, we're wasting time. How can I use this to my advantage?' Of course, when the walkers come out, he starts shooting them up. The two ways you can look at it is he could have swung the gun the other way and still figure out how he could slow up their progress and their trip, or he can swing it toward the truck and take the truck out too. I don't think Eugene does everything deliberate, but I also don't think he flies by the seat of his pants and just wings it. I think there's a nice mixture of both."
Fans will have to wait and watch if Eugene is really a manipulator or not.
"The Walking Dead" season 4 episodes air Sundays on AMC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS