‘The Walking Dead’ Season 4: Did Eugene Intentionally Shoot the Gas Tank of the Truck? (Spoilers)
By Tarun Mazumdar | February 26, 2014 10:04 AM EST
Eugene Porter is an interesting character. For instance, he has a crush of Abraham's girl, Rosita Espinosa. No wonder, she is the brand new hottie in "The Walking Dead" world. Meanwhile, in the last episode of season 4, Glenn and Abraham are busy fighting and a group walkers attack. Eugene tries to get the attention of the walkers, but fails. He takes a gun and attempts to use it. He only ends up shooting the firearm in every direction.
Later, Abraham and Glenn join Eugene and they get rid of the walkers. After clearing the mess, they realise the truck has bullet holes and leaking gasoline. It is of no use for them. Is Eugene really that dumb with the gun?
The question here: Did Eugene intentionally shoot the gas tank of the truck?
Zap2it talked to Josh McDermitt (Eugene Porter) and asked this question.
"There's two ways to look at it for someone like Eugene. I kind of like to look at it like he's in the middle of a chess match where he's thinking three or four moves ahead of his opponents. When the fight's going on, Eugene's hanging back by the truck, partly because Abraham probably told him, 'Hey, if we ever need to get out of the truck or whatever, the safest place is you to stay there,' because to everyone else, Eugene's the package. He's the most important element of their mission."
"But then also Eugene's probably going, 'Okay, we're wasting time. How can I use this to my advantage?' Of course, when the walkers come out, he starts shooting them up. The two ways you can look at it is he could have swung the gun the other way and still figure out how he could slow up their progress and their trip, or he can swing it toward the truck and take the truck out too. I don't think Eugene does everything deliberate, but I also don't think he flies by the seat of his pants and just wings it. I think there's a nice mixture of both."
Fans will have to wait and watch if Eugene is really a manipulator or not.
"The Walking Dead" season 4 episodes air Sundays on AMC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3