‘The Walking Dead’ Season 4: Did Eugene Intentionally Shoot the Gas Tank of the Truck? (Spoilers)
By Tarun Mazumdar | February 26, 2014 10:04 AM EST
Eugene Porter is an interesting character. For instance, he has a crush of Abraham's girl, Rosita Espinosa. No wonder, she is the brand new hottie in "The Walking Dead" world. Meanwhile, in the last episode of season 4, Glenn and Abraham are busy fighting and a group walkers attack. Eugene tries to get the attention of the walkers, but fails. He takes a gun and attempts to use it. He only ends up shooting the firearm in every direction.
Later, Abraham and Glenn join Eugene and they get rid of the walkers. After clearing the mess, they realise the truck has bullet holes and leaking gasoline. It is of no use for them. Is Eugene really that dumb with the gun?
The question here: Did Eugene intentionally shoot the gas tank of the truck?
Zap2it talked to Josh McDermitt (Eugene Porter) and asked this question.
"There's two ways to look at it for someone like Eugene. I kind of like to look at it like he's in the middle of a chess match where he's thinking three or four moves ahead of his opponents. When the fight's going on, Eugene's hanging back by the truck, partly because Abraham probably told him, 'Hey, if we ever need to get out of the truck or whatever, the safest place is you to stay there,' because to everyone else, Eugene's the package. He's the most important element of their mission."
"But then also Eugene's probably going, 'Okay, we're wasting time. How can I use this to my advantage?' Of course, when the walkers come out, he starts shooting them up. The two ways you can look at it is he could have swung the gun the other way and still figure out how he could slow up their progress and their trip, or he can swing it toward the truck and take the truck out too. I don't think Eugene does everything deliberate, but I also don't think he flies by the seat of his pants and just wings it. I think there's a nice mixture of both."
Fans will have to wait and watch if Eugene is really a manipulator or not.
"The Walking Dead" season 4 episodes air Sundays on AMC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date