Comedy Actor Harold Ramis Passed Away at 69, Hollywood Colleagues Pay Tribute
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | February 26, 2014 9:43 AM EST
Actor Harold Ramis passed away at the age of 69 at his Chicago home. He was suffering from illness for a long time. The most famous works of Ramis included "Ghostbusters," "Groundhog Day" and "As Good as It Gets." He was also a director who made some equally impressive movies like "Analyze This." His famous works include "National Lampoon's Animal House" and "Caddyshack."
Ramis had his family around him when he breathed his last. He eventually succumbed to autoimmune inflammatory vasculitis which he had been suffering from for a long time. BBC has reported that the disease is a rare one which typically involves swelling of blood vessels. The statement that came from his family after his death said that everyone who had known and loved Ramis would miss his humour, compassion, intelligence and creativity. According to reports, Ramis never spoke much about his illness that he had been suffering since 2010.
— DontHateTheGeek.com (@DontHateTheGeek) February 25, 2014
Ramis' death perturbed his colleagues from "Ghostbusters," the movie which put him into vivid limelight for the first time in his career. Dan Ackroyd tweeted his tribute for Ramis. He wrote that he was "deeply saddened" when he came to know about Ramis' death. He called Ramis his friend who was "funny," "gifted" and "brilliant." At the same time, he also mentioned that he had been a teacher, performer and co-writer.
Ramis' portrayal of Dr Egon Spengler in "Ghostbuster" brought fame to his career. The movie also starred Bill Murray who paid his tribute to Ramis as well. Murray issued a statement saying that he worked along with Ramis in movies like "Meatballs," "Caddyshack" and "Stripes." He also worked with him in "'The National Lampoon Show" off-Broadway. He mentioned that Ramis had "earned his keep" on earth.
Another comedy actor Billy Crystal who is probably most famous for "When Harry Met Sally" tweeted that Ramis' death was a "big loss" to everyone. He mentioned that Ramis had been "wonderful" as a father and husband.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed