Comedy Actor Harold Ramis Passed Away at 69, Hollywood Colleagues Pay Tribute
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | February 26, 2014 9:43 AM EST
Actor Harold Ramis passed away at the age of 69 at his Chicago home. He was suffering from illness for a long time. The most famous works of Ramis included "Ghostbusters," "Groundhog Day" and "As Good as It Gets." He was also a director who made some equally impressive movies like "Analyze This." His famous works include "National Lampoon's Animal House" and "Caddyshack."
Ramis had his family around him when he breathed his last. He eventually succumbed to autoimmune inflammatory vasculitis which he had been suffering from for a long time. BBC has reported that the disease is a rare one which typically involves swelling of blood vessels. The statement that came from his family after his death said that everyone who had known and loved Ramis would miss his humour, compassion, intelligence and creativity. According to reports, Ramis never spoke much about his illness that he had been suffering since 2010.
— DontHateTheGeek.com (@DontHateTheGeek) February 25, 2014
Ramis' death perturbed his colleagues from "Ghostbusters," the movie which put him into vivid limelight for the first time in his career. Dan Ackroyd tweeted his tribute for Ramis. He wrote that he was "deeply saddened" when he came to know about Ramis' death. He called Ramis his friend who was "funny," "gifted" and "brilliant." At the same time, he also mentioned that he had been a teacher, performer and co-writer.
Ramis' portrayal of Dr Egon Spengler in "Ghostbuster" brought fame to his career. The movie also starred Bill Murray who paid his tribute to Ramis as well. Murray issued a statement saying that he worked along with Ramis in movies like "Meatballs," "Caddyshack" and "Stripes." He also worked with him in "'The National Lampoon Show" off-Broadway. He mentioned that Ramis had "earned his keep" on earth.
Another comedy actor Billy Crystal who is probably most famous for "When Harry Met Sally" tweeted that Ramis' death was a "big loss" to everyone. He mentioned that Ramis had been "wonderful" as a father and husband.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers for Sept. 1-5, 2014: Sabrina Seeks Revenge
- 5 Seconds of Summer Calum Hood's D--K Vine Video Goes Viral
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Jessica Lange Says New Season ‘Most Extraordinary’
- Anna Paquin Says She Took Home ‘Cute, English Dude’ Stephen Moyer From The Set Of “True Blood”
- 'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Enzo To Have A Makeout Scene, Speculations Suggest Enzo and Caroline Get Cozy In New Season
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide