Comedy Actor Harold Ramis Passed Away at 69, Hollywood Colleagues Pay Tribute
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | February 26, 2014 9:43 AM EST
Actor Harold Ramis passed away at the age of 69 at his Chicago home. He was suffering from illness for a long time. The most famous works of Ramis included "Ghostbusters," "Groundhog Day" and "As Good as It Gets." He was also a director who made some equally impressive movies like "Analyze This." His famous works include "National Lampoon's Animal House" and "Caddyshack."
Ramis had his family around him when he breathed his last. He eventually succumbed to autoimmune inflammatory vasculitis which he had been suffering from for a long time. BBC has reported that the disease is a rare one which typically involves swelling of blood vessels. The statement that came from his family after his death said that everyone who had known and loved Ramis would miss his humour, compassion, intelligence and creativity. According to reports, Ramis never spoke much about his illness that he had been suffering since 2010.
— DontHateTheGeek.com (@DontHateTheGeek) February 25, 2014
Ramis' death perturbed his colleagues from "Ghostbusters," the movie which put him into vivid limelight for the first time in his career. Dan Ackroyd tweeted his tribute for Ramis. He wrote that he was "deeply saddened" when he came to know about Ramis' death. He called Ramis his friend who was "funny," "gifted" and "brilliant." At the same time, he also mentioned that he had been a teacher, performer and co-writer.
Ramis' portrayal of Dr Egon Spengler in "Ghostbuster" brought fame to his career. The movie also starred Bill Murray who paid his tribute to Ramis as well. Murray issued a statement saying that he worked along with Ramis in movies like "Meatballs," "Caddyshack" and "Stripes." He also worked with him in "'The National Lampoon Show" off-Broadway. He mentioned that Ramis had "earned his keep" on earth.
Another comedy actor Billy Crystal who is probably most famous for "When Harry Met Sally" tweeted that Ramis' death was a "big loss" to everyone. He mentioned that Ramis had been "wonderful" as a father and husband.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen