Comedy Actor Harold Ramis Passed Away at 69, Hollywood Colleagues Pay Tribute
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | February 26, 2014 9:43 AM EST
Actor Harold Ramis passed away at the age of 69 at his Chicago home. He was suffering from illness for a long time. The most famous works of Ramis included "Ghostbusters," "Groundhog Day" and "As Good as It Gets." He was also a director who made some equally impressive movies like "Analyze This." His famous works include "National Lampoon's Animal House" and "Caddyshack."
Ramis had his family around him when he breathed his last. He eventually succumbed to autoimmune inflammatory vasculitis which he had been suffering from for a long time. BBC has reported that the disease is a rare one which typically involves swelling of blood vessels. The statement that came from his family after his death said that everyone who had known and loved Ramis would miss his humour, compassion, intelligence and creativity. According to reports, Ramis never spoke much about his illness that he had been suffering since 2010.
— DontHateTheGeek.com (@DontHateTheGeek) February 25, 2014
Ramis' death perturbed his colleagues from "Ghostbusters," the movie which put him into vivid limelight for the first time in his career. Dan Ackroyd tweeted his tribute for Ramis. He wrote that he was "deeply saddened" when he came to know about Ramis' death. He called Ramis his friend who was "funny," "gifted" and "brilliant." At the same time, he also mentioned that he had been a teacher, performer and co-writer.
Ramis' portrayal of Dr Egon Spengler in "Ghostbuster" brought fame to his career. The movie also starred Bill Murray who paid his tribute to Ramis as well. Murray issued a statement saying that he worked along with Ramis in movies like "Meatballs," "Caddyshack" and "Stripes." He also worked with him in "'The National Lampoon Show" off-Broadway. He mentioned that Ramis had "earned his keep" on earth.
Another comedy actor Billy Crystal who is probably most famous for "When Harry Met Sally" tweeted that Ramis' death was a "big loss" to everyone. He mentioned that Ramis had been "wonderful" as a father and husband.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage