Comedy Actor Harold Ramis Passed Away at 69, Hollywood Colleagues Pay Tribute
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | February 26, 2014 9:43 AM EST
Actor Harold Ramis passed away at the age of 69 at his Chicago home. He was suffering from illness for a long time. The most famous works of Ramis included "Ghostbusters," "Groundhog Day" and "As Good as It Gets." He was also a director who made some equally impressive movies like "Analyze This." His famous works include "National Lampoon's Animal House" and "Caddyshack."
Ramis had his family around him when he breathed his last. He eventually succumbed to autoimmune inflammatory vasculitis which he had been suffering from for a long time. BBC has reported that the disease is a rare one which typically involves swelling of blood vessels. The statement that came from his family after his death said that everyone who had known and loved Ramis would miss his humour, compassion, intelligence and creativity. According to reports, Ramis never spoke much about his illness that he had been suffering since 2010.
— DontHateTheGeek.com (@DontHateTheGeek) February 25, 2014
Ramis' death perturbed his colleagues from "Ghostbusters," the movie which put him into vivid limelight for the first time in his career. Dan Ackroyd tweeted his tribute for Ramis. He wrote that he was "deeply saddened" when he came to know about Ramis' death. He called Ramis his friend who was "funny," "gifted" and "brilliant." At the same time, he also mentioned that he had been a teacher, performer and co-writer.
Ramis' portrayal of Dr Egon Spengler in "Ghostbuster" brought fame to his career. The movie also starred Bill Murray who paid his tribute to Ramis as well. Murray issued a statement saying that he worked along with Ramis in movies like "Meatballs," "Caddyshack" and "Stripes." He also worked with him in "'The National Lampoon Show" off-Broadway. He mentioned that Ramis had "earned his keep" on earth.
Another comedy actor Billy Crystal who is probably most famous for "When Harry Met Sally" tweeted that Ramis' death was a "big loss" to everyone. He mentioned that Ramis had been "wonderful" as a father and husband.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2