Was Robin Thicke-Paula Patton Marriage in Trouble Since VMA? [PHOTOS, VIDEO]
By Johnlee Varghese | February 26, 2014 1:19 AM EST
Miley Cyrus twerking with Robin Thicke during the 2013 VMA had created quite a sensation, and for long it was speculated that the incident might have crippled the Robin-Paula Patton marriage.
Now reports have emerged that a relationship, which lasted for over 21 years, and a marriage of nine years has finally come to end. Singer Robin and actress Paula have announced that they have seperated.
The fans of the American-Canadian singer-songwriter always knew that this was coming, especially after the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards back in August. Speculations are now ripe that Robin's marriage hit rock bottom, during the VMA. First it was the twerking episode with Miley, and then the leaked photos of him butt-grabbing a fan, which added to the furor.
The couple released a statement announcing their split, TMZ reported. "We will always love each other and be best friends, however, we have mutually decided to separate at this time," it read.
Robin first met Paula at under-21 hip-hop club Balistyx in Los Angeles, when he was 14. The couple then began dating. They got married in 2005, and have a son, Julian Fuego Thicke, born on 6 April 2010.
The 36-year-old singer is known for his raunchy numbers, and for a long time it was felt that Paula had approved of his gimmicks. During the 2013 VMA, Miley and Robin had created much controversy with the twerking episode. However, both Robin and Paula had maintained that the incident did not affect their marriage.
Some fans are blaming Miley for wrecking the marriage. As reported in The Guardian, she had hoped "to make history" by wriggling, lolling and twerking.
Soon after the VMA awards antics, Twitter was ablaze with the pictures of a mysterious woman - a Robin fan. The picture that was taken during the VMA Awards After Party shows Robin with the fan, and in the mirror reflection, it was seen that Robin was grabbing the woman's butt.
For Paula that must have been the last straw, as a separation was long on the way.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS