Was Robin Thicke-Paula Patton Marriage in Trouble Since VMA? [PHOTOS, VIDEO]
By Johnlee Varghese | February 26, 2014 1:19 AM EST
Miley Cyrus twerking with Robin Thicke during the 2013 VMA had created quite a sensation, and for long it was speculated that the incident might have crippled the Robin-Paula Patton marriage.
Now reports have emerged that a relationship, which lasted for over 21 years, and a marriage of nine years has finally come to end. Singer Robin and actress Paula have announced that they have seperated.
The fans of the American-Canadian singer-songwriter always knew that this was coming, especially after the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards back in August. Speculations are now ripe that Robin's marriage hit rock bottom, during the VMA. First it was the twerking episode with Miley, and then the leaked photos of him butt-grabbing a fan, which added to the furor.
The couple released a statement announcing their split, TMZ reported. "We will always love each other and be best friends, however, we have mutually decided to separate at this time," it read.
Robin first met Paula at under-21 hip-hop club Balistyx in Los Angeles, when he was 14. The couple then began dating. They got married in 2005, and have a son, Julian Fuego Thicke, born on 6 April 2010.
The 36-year-old singer is known for his raunchy numbers, and for a long time it was felt that Paula had approved of his gimmicks. During the 2013 VMA, Miley and Robin had created much controversy with the twerking episode. However, both Robin and Paula had maintained that the incident did not affect their marriage.
Some fans are blaming Miley for wrecking the marriage. As reported in The Guardian, she had hoped "to make history" by wriggling, lolling and twerking.
Soon after the VMA awards antics, Twitter was ablaze with the pictures of a mysterious woman - a Robin fan. The picture that was taken during the VMA Awards After Party shows Robin with the fan, and in the mirror reflection, it was seen that Robin was grabbing the woman's butt.
For Paula that must have been the last straw, as a separation was long on the way.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date