Was Robin Thicke-Paula Patton Marriage in Trouble Since VMA? [PHOTOS, VIDEO]
By Johnlee Varghese | February 26, 2014 1:19 AM EST
Miley Cyrus twerking with Robin Thicke during the 2013 VMA had created quite a sensation, and for long it was speculated that the incident might have crippled the Robin-Paula Patton marriage.
Now reports have emerged that a relationship, which lasted for over 21 years, and a marriage of nine years has finally come to end. Singer Robin and actress Paula have announced that they have seperated.
The fans of the American-Canadian singer-songwriter always knew that this was coming, especially after the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards back in August. Speculations are now ripe that Robin's marriage hit rock bottom, during the VMA. First it was the twerking episode with Miley, and then the leaked photos of him butt-grabbing a fan, which added to the furor.
The couple released a statement announcing their split, TMZ reported. "We will always love each other and be best friends, however, we have mutually decided to separate at this time," it read.
Robin first met Paula at under-21 hip-hop club Balistyx in Los Angeles, when he was 14. The couple then began dating. They got married in 2005, and have a son, Julian Fuego Thicke, born on 6 April 2010.
The 36-year-old singer is known for his raunchy numbers, and for a long time it was felt that Paula had approved of his gimmicks. During the 2013 VMA, Miley and Robin had created much controversy with the twerking episode. However, both Robin and Paula had maintained that the incident did not affect their marriage.
Some fans are blaming Miley for wrecking the marriage. As reported in The Guardian, she had hoped "to make history" by wriggling, lolling and twerking.
Soon after the VMA awards antics, Twitter was ablaze with the pictures of a mysterious woman - a Robin fan. The picture that was taken during the VMA Awards After Party shows Robin with the fan, and in the mirror reflection, it was seen that Robin was grabbing the woman's butt.
For Paula that must have been the last straw, as a separation was long on the way.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How