‘Highway’ Box Office Collection: Alia Bhatt Starrer Maintains Steady Pace, Earns ₹21 Crore
By Ankita Mehta | February 25, 2014 11:20 PM EST
Positive word of mouth from critics has helped "Highway" to end its first Monday at the box office with decent collections.
The Imtiaz Ali directorial raked in around ₹2.4 crore from Indian markets on Monday, taking its overall total to ₹16.37 crore. "#Highway Fri 3.42 cr, Sat 4.80 cr, Sun 5.75 cr. Total: Rs 13.97 cr nett. India biz only," trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
The film, starring Alia Bhatt and Randeep Hooda, was released only in 800 screens initially but the screen count was slightly increased for weekdays. The film had witnessed only 30 percent drop in its business on Monday, compared to opening day, which is quite decent.
A steady first week is now expected for "Highway" with good figures from ticket windows in India.
Meanwhile, in overseas markets, the film has received mixed response from certain circuits. The opening weekend total of the Bollywood drama film is ₹5.58 crore ($ 900,000).
"Highway" fared well in USA-Canada, UK and UAE-GCC but the earnings from Australia and New Zealand were pretty low. "#Highway fares well in USA-Canada, UK, UAE-GCC, low in Aus & NZ," Adarsh tweeted.
US-Canada: From US circuits, the film raked in ₹1.78 crore ($286,495) from 81 screens, while from Canada it minted ₹24.22 lakh (US$ 39,027) from 12 screens.
UAE-GCC: In its opening weekend, the film raked in ₹1.49 crore (AED approx 881,500).
UK-Ireland: From this circuit, "Highway" grossed ₹1.10 crore (£ 106,581) from 49 screens.
Australia: The screen count and collections from this circuit was comparatively low. The opening weekend total is ₹22.51 lakh (A$ 40,391) from 13 screens.
New Zealand: This circuit has contributed the least collections. From six screens, the film minted ₹5.15 lakh (NZ$ 65,614) in the opening weekend.
With this, the worldwide score of the film stands at ₹21.95 crore, which is decent, keeping in mind the low promotions, less number of screens and low ticket rates.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate