Twitch Users’ New Muse: Twitch Plays Zelda Becomes Multiplayer Co-op Game
By Aditya Bhat | February 25, 2014 9:21 PM EST
After the immense success of Twitch Plays Pokemon following live-steaming and controlling the game via commands in comment section, a Twitch user transformed The Legend of Zelda into a multiplayer online co-op version titled Twitch Plays Zelda.
Twitch Plays Zelda was programmed by a Twitch user.
Zach Gerlock, a Twitch user was able to programme an emulator for The Legend of Zelda where other people who are logged in can control the game by entering commands in the comment section of the live video streaming website, Twitch.
Gerlock was also accused of 'stealing' from Twitch Plays Pokemon. He responded by to this by saying: "The point of this stream was as a personal challenge, as well as an evolution of the Twitch Plays concept,"
"My goal was to find a game that the concept does not naturally work for, but might still be possible to complete. I knew this would require some outside intervention, at least in the form of cheats, but finding solutions to these problems is part of the fun," he said.
Twitch Plays Pokemon, became a phenomenal success garnering nearly 6.5 million total views and the number keeps growing. The channel features the original Pokemon Red for Game Boy. This has given rise to imitations like Twitch Plays Pokemon: Crystal Version and Twitch Plays Pokemon Plays Tetris. The live streaming was also brought to the notice of Guinness World Records as it had around 70,000 - 80,000 people playing the game simultaneously.
The Legend of Zelda is a Japanese action - adventure video game, which was released initially on 21 February 1986 and the latest release was The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds on 22 November, 2013.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 New Update Brings Performance And Stability Improvements
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan