Twitch Users’ New Muse: Twitch Plays Zelda Becomes Multiplayer Co-op Game
By Aditya Bhat | February 25, 2014 9:21 PM EST
After the immense success of Twitch Plays Pokemon following live-steaming and controlling the game via commands in comment section, a Twitch user transformed The Legend of Zelda into a multiplayer online co-op version titled Twitch Plays Zelda.
Twitch Plays Zelda was programmed by a Twitch user.
Zach Gerlock, a Twitch user was able to programme an emulator for The Legend of Zelda where other people who are logged in can control the game by entering commands in the comment section of the live video streaming website, Twitch.
Gerlock was also accused of 'stealing' from Twitch Plays Pokemon. He responded by to this by saying: "The point of this stream was as a personal challenge, as well as an evolution of the Twitch Plays concept,"
"My goal was to find a game that the concept does not naturally work for, but might still be possible to complete. I knew this would require some outside intervention, at least in the form of cheats, but finding solutions to these problems is part of the fun," he said.
Twitch Plays Pokemon, became a phenomenal success garnering nearly 6.5 million total views and the number keeps growing. The channel features the original Pokemon Red for Game Boy. This has given rise to imitations like Twitch Plays Pokemon: Crystal Version and Twitch Plays Pokemon Plays Tetris. The live streaming was also brought to the notice of Guinness World Records as it had around 70,000 - 80,000 people playing the game simultaneously.
The Legend of Zelda is a Japanese action - adventure video game, which was released initially on 21 February 1986 and the latest release was The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds on 22 November, 2013.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions