Twitch Users’ New Muse: Twitch Plays Zelda Becomes Multiplayer Co-op Game
By Aditya Bhat | February 25, 2014 9:21 PM EST
After the immense success of Twitch Plays Pokemon following live-steaming and controlling the game via commands in comment section, a Twitch user transformed The Legend of Zelda into a multiplayer online co-op version titled Twitch Plays Zelda.
Twitch Plays Zelda was programmed by a Twitch user.
Zach Gerlock, a Twitch user was able to programme an emulator for The Legend of Zelda where other people who are logged in can control the game by entering commands in the comment section of the live video streaming website, Twitch.
Gerlock was also accused of 'stealing' from Twitch Plays Pokemon. He responded by to this by saying: "The point of this stream was as a personal challenge, as well as an evolution of the Twitch Plays concept,"
"My goal was to find a game that the concept does not naturally work for, but might still be possible to complete. I knew this would require some outside intervention, at least in the form of cheats, but finding solutions to these problems is part of the fun," he said.
Twitch Plays Pokemon, became a phenomenal success garnering nearly 6.5 million total views and the number keeps growing. The channel features the original Pokemon Red for Game Boy. This has given rise to imitations like Twitch Plays Pokemon: Crystal Version and Twitch Plays Pokemon Plays Tetris. The live streaming was also brought to the notice of Guinness World Records as it had around 70,000 - 80,000 people playing the game simultaneously.
The Legend of Zelda is a Japanese action - adventure video game, which was released initially on 21 February 1986 and the latest release was The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds on 22 November, 2013.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family