Tennis Rumors: Grigor Dimitrov Had 'Date' With Genie Bouchard; Is Maria Sharapova Jealous?
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 25, 2014 9:05 PM EST
Bulgarian tennis player Grigor Dimitrov had an escapade with up-and-coming women's singles netter Eugenie Bouchard in the picturesque water of Acapulco on Monday, a day before the start of the Abierto Mexicano Telcel Open.
Rafael Nadal consoles Grigor Dimitrov after their quarterfinal match at the Australian Open, 22 January. Reuters
Dimitrov, who is considered one of the rising stars in men's tennis, took a helicopter ride with Bouchard and played sort of pick-up tennis on a floating platform off the beautiful Mexican beach.
Something To Talk About In the Future
The 22-year old Dimitrov said he enjoyed his experience with Bouchard, and it's definitely something they are going to talk about in the future.
"This is definitely the best experience I've ever had on tour," Dimitrov told ATP World Tour "I was happy to be able to do something like this. It is pretty special and we definitely have something to talk about in the future. It was nice to get to do this in such good weather, great city. It was very exciting!"
"It's definitely nice to take off the morning this way. Reality will kick in a couple of hours when we have to hit those practice courts," added Dimitrov, who is seeded fourth in the Albierto Mexicano Telcel Open.
Bouchard, who reached her first Grand Slam semis appearance at the 2014 Australian Open, also admitted that it was the first time she played tennis on a floating platform along with riding a helicopter.
"It was my first time in one. I'd never experienced it before, and they opened the doors as well, so it was a bit scary! But it was so beautiful seeing all the buildings and all of the mountains," said Bouchard of his helicopter experience via Tennis Tonic.
Reason To Be Jealous?
There's no doubt Bouchard is one of the prettiest faces in the WTA circuit, while Dimitrov's relationship with tennis champ Maria Sharapova has been under the public's watchful eyes for quite some time. On Monday, netizens shared and debated over a Twitter picture, which they believed could trigger a long conversation between Grigor and MaSha.
Obviously, Dimitrov and Sharapova are very much fine together and there's no reason for MaSha fans to be worry about a potential live triangle. Well, at least for now.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- HTC Desire 820 (Octa-Core) vs. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown