Tennis Rumors: Grigor Dimitrov Had 'Date' With Genie Bouchard; Is Maria Sharapova Jealous?
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 25, 2014 9:05 PM EST
Bulgarian tennis player Grigor Dimitrov had an escapade with up-and-coming women's singles netter Eugenie Bouchard in the picturesque water of Acapulco on Monday, a day before the start of the Abierto Mexicano Telcel Open.
Rafael Nadal consoles Grigor Dimitrov after their quarterfinal match at the Australian Open, 22 January. Reuters
Dimitrov, who is considered one of the rising stars in men's tennis, took a helicopter ride with Bouchard and played sort of pick-up tennis on a floating platform off the beautiful Mexican beach.
Something To Talk About In the Future
The 22-year old Dimitrov said he enjoyed his experience with Bouchard, and it's definitely something they are going to talk about in the future.
"This is definitely the best experience I've ever had on tour," Dimitrov told ATP World Tour "I was happy to be able to do something like this. It is pretty special and we definitely have something to talk about in the future. It was nice to get to do this in such good weather, great city. It was very exciting!"
"It's definitely nice to take off the morning this way. Reality will kick in a couple of hours when we have to hit those practice courts," added Dimitrov, who is seeded fourth in the Albierto Mexicano Telcel Open.
Bouchard, who reached her first Grand Slam semis appearance at the 2014 Australian Open, also admitted that it was the first time she played tennis on a floating platform along with riding a helicopter.
"It was my first time in one. I'd never experienced it before, and they opened the doors as well, so it was a bit scary! But it was so beautiful seeing all the buildings and all of the mountains," said Bouchard of his helicopter experience via Tennis Tonic.
Reason To Be Jealous?
There's no doubt Bouchard is one of the prettiest faces in the WTA circuit, while Dimitrov's relationship with tennis champ Maria Sharapova has been under the public's watchful eyes for quite some time. On Monday, netizens shared and debated over a Twitter picture, which they believed could trigger a long conversation between Grigor and MaSha.
Obviously, Dimitrov and Sharapova are very much fine together and there's no reason for MaSha fans to be worry about a potential live triangle. Well, at least for now.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia