Tennis Rumors: Grigor Dimitrov Had 'Date' With Genie Bouchard; Is Maria Sharapova Jealous?
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 25, 2014 9:05 PM EST
Bulgarian tennis player Grigor Dimitrov had an escapade with up-and-coming women's singles netter Eugenie Bouchard in the picturesque water of Acapulco on Monday, a day before the start of the Abierto Mexicano Telcel Open.
Rafael Nadal consoles Grigor Dimitrov after their quarterfinal match at the Australian Open, 22 January. Reuters
Dimitrov, who is considered one of the rising stars in men's tennis, took a helicopter ride with Bouchard and played sort of pick-up tennis on a floating platform off the beautiful Mexican beach.
Something To Talk About In the Future
The 22-year old Dimitrov said he enjoyed his experience with Bouchard, and it's definitely something they are going to talk about in the future.
"This is definitely the best experience I've ever had on tour," Dimitrov told ATP World Tour "I was happy to be able to do something like this. It is pretty special and we definitely have something to talk about in the future. It was nice to get to do this in such good weather, great city. It was very exciting!"
"It's definitely nice to take off the morning this way. Reality will kick in a couple of hours when we have to hit those practice courts," added Dimitrov, who is seeded fourth in the Albierto Mexicano Telcel Open.
Bouchard, who reached her first Grand Slam semis appearance at the 2014 Australian Open, also admitted that it was the first time she played tennis on a floating platform along with riding a helicopter.
"It was my first time in one. I'd never experienced it before, and they opened the doors as well, so it was a bit scary! But it was so beautiful seeing all the buildings and all of the mountains," said Bouchard of his helicopter experience via Tennis Tonic.
Reason To Be Jealous?
There's no doubt Bouchard is one of the prettiest faces in the WTA circuit, while Dimitrov's relationship with tennis champ Maria Sharapova has been under the public's watchful eyes for quite some time. On Monday, netizens shared and debated over a Twitter picture, which they believed could trigger a long conversation between Grigor and MaSha.
Obviously, Dimitrov and Sharapova are very much fine together and there's no reason for MaSha fans to be worry about a potential live triangle. Well, at least for now.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop