Tennis Rumors: Grigor Dimitrov Had 'Date' With Genie Bouchard; Is Maria Sharapova Jealous?
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 25, 2014 9:05 PM EST
Bulgarian tennis player Grigor Dimitrov had an escapade with up-and-coming women's singles netter Eugenie Bouchard in the picturesque water of Acapulco on Monday, a day before the start of the Abierto Mexicano Telcel Open.
Rafael Nadal consoles Grigor Dimitrov after their quarterfinal match at the Australian Open, 22 January. Reuters
Dimitrov, who is considered one of the rising stars in men's tennis, took a helicopter ride with Bouchard and played sort of pick-up tennis on a floating platform off the beautiful Mexican beach.
Something To Talk About In the Future
The 22-year old Dimitrov said he enjoyed his experience with Bouchard, and it's definitely something they are going to talk about in the future.
"This is definitely the best experience I've ever had on tour," Dimitrov told ATP World Tour "I was happy to be able to do something like this. It is pretty special and we definitely have something to talk about in the future. It was nice to get to do this in such good weather, great city. It was very exciting!"
"It's definitely nice to take off the morning this way. Reality will kick in a couple of hours when we have to hit those practice courts," added Dimitrov, who is seeded fourth in the Albierto Mexicano Telcel Open.
Bouchard, who reached her first Grand Slam semis appearance at the 2014 Australian Open, also admitted that it was the first time she played tennis on a floating platform along with riding a helicopter.
"It was my first time in one. I'd never experienced it before, and they opened the doors as well, so it was a bit scary! But it was so beautiful seeing all the buildings and all of the mountains," said Bouchard of his helicopter experience via Tennis Tonic.
Reason To Be Jealous?
There's no doubt Bouchard is one of the prettiest faces in the WTA circuit, while Dimitrov's relationship with tennis champ Maria Sharapova has been under the public's watchful eyes for quite some time. On Monday, netizens shared and debated over a Twitter picture, which they believed could trigger a long conversation between Grigor and MaSha.
Obviously, Dimitrov and Sharapova are very much fine together and there's no reason for MaSha fans to be worry about a potential live triangle. Well, at least for now.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy