Maidana’s Strategy of Beating Mayweather
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 25, 2014 9:03 PM EST
Floyd Mayweather has a new opponent and it is Marcos Maidana. The two fighter are slated to fight on May 3 at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas or the Barclays Centre in New York. People have been waiting for some time for Mayweather to announce his next opponent and he had chosen to reveal it just in time for his 37th birthday. The duo will be battling for the World Boxing Council (WBC) and The Ring Welterweight titles.
Boxing champion Floyd Mayweather Jr greets fans and amateur boxers during a visit to conduct training clinics in Soweto
Amir Khan Angry Outbursts But No Done Deal Yet; Mayweather Might Announce Next Opponent on Birthday, Says Schaefer
Can Timothy Bradley Walk Away with a Convincing Victory? Manny Pacquiao Eyeing for Knockout in the Rematch
"I will be fighting Marcos Maidana May 3rd on Pay-per-view Showtime/CBS," Mayweather tweeted.
According to Maidana's trainer Robert Garcia, his student will give Mayweather problems.
"We're going to prepare Maidana to go in there with no respect and no fear," Garcia told Fight Hype. "He knows and we know that the fight is going to be very difficult," he added. Garcia said that Maidana will hit give the undefeated boxer his first-ever knockout.
"Maidana has a one-punch knockout so if he lands a punch and hurts him, believe me, he's going to go in for the kill."
"There is those styles that have been effective against fighters like Floyd, fighters that fight very defensive, but very smart and very fast, it's worked before," said Garcia.
Garcia said that they will be training hard and do what they did when Maidana fought Broner. "Mayweather has all the advantages, yes but when you have a fighter who goes in there with no respect and bullies the fighter and puts his whole body on him to frustrate him, all that makes a difference."
Both Mayweather and Maidan fought in 2013. The 37-year-old American boxer last fought Saul "Canelo" Alvarez where he won via unanimous decision in September. Maidana, on the other hand, fought Adrien Broner in December where he also won. Mayweather has a 45-0 record while Maidana has 35-3 record.
Do you think Maidana has the style to beat Mayweather? Is he a threat to Mayweather?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers