Superstar Rajinikanth to Work with KS Ravikumar after 'Kochadaiiyaan'?
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 25, 2014 8:55 PM EST
Rajinikanth's "Kochadaiiyaan" is yet to hit the screens but speculations surrounding the superstar's next film have started to emerge.
Rajinikanth’s ‘Kochadaiyaan' movie poster
Rumour has it that Rajinikanth has been approached with scripts by top directors, such as Shankar, KS Ravi Kumar and KV Anand. And according to reliable sources, the superstar has chosen Ravi Kumar's script, reported Behindwoods.
Earlier, speculations were rife that post "Kochadaiiyaan", Rajinikanth will be working in "Rana" and the film will be directed by Ravi Kumar. But it seems the script that Rajinikanth has selected is not "Rana" but a different one. Apparently, the film will be produced by Rockline Productions's Venkatesh. The website reports that the film might go on floors by the end of March or April. However, there has been no official confirmation about the project yet.
The superstar, who was last seen in Shankar's 2010 release "Endhiran", will be making a comeback of sorts with "Kochadaiiyaan." It has been more than a year since the film went on floors. The magnum opus, helmed by Soundarya Rajinikanth, is one of the most awaited films of 2014.
The Rajini starrer, touted as an epic drama, will have the superstar appearing in dual roles. Other cast members include Deepika Padukone, Aadhi, Sarathkumar, Jackie Shroff, Shobana and Nassar.
"Kochadaiiyaan", made on a budget of over ₹100 crore, is jointly produced by Eros International and Media One Global Entertainment. The film's music, composed by Oscar-winner AR Rahman, will be released in March. The exact date for the audio launch is not revealed, though certain reports suggest it would be on 9 March. The film's trailer is also expected to be released on the same day.
The epic drama is all set to hit the screens on 11 April. It will be released in around 6,000 screens worldwide and in various languages, including Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, Marathi, Bhojpuri, Bengali and Punjabi.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date