Robin Thicke and Wife Paula Patton Separated; Is It Due To the ‘Blurred Lines’ Singer’s Alleged Affairs?
By Keerthi Mohan | February 25, 2014 7:53 PM EST
Robin Thicke and his childhood sweetheart wife, Paula Patton, have split after nine years of marriage.
“We will always love each other and be best friends, however, we have mutually decided to separate at this time,” Paula, 38, and Robin, 36, said in a mutual statement to People.
Robin Thicke and Paula Patton
The couple has been dating ever since Thicke was 14, and they married in 2005. Their son, Julian Fuego, was born five years later in 2010.
While Thicke and Patton did not reveal why they decided to end their relationship, it is widely speculated that Thicke’s alleged affairs might be the cause.
Thicke, who rose to fame with 2013’s summer anthem “Blurred Lines,” has been in the news for all the wrong reasons since the song’s debut.
While Thicke’s racy “Blurred Lines” performance with Miley Cyrus at the MTV VMA’s was the talk of the town due to its provocative nature, what landed him in trouble with Patton was when Thicke allegedly grabbed a fan during the event’s afterparty.
Lara Scolaro, a 20-year-old socialite, posted a picture of the incident on her social networking site soon after the party, which landed Thicke in yet another controversy.
In subsequent interviews following the groping incident, Scolaro claimed that the interaction between them went much further than what the picture suggested.
Reportedly, Thicke made out with her and wanted her in bed, but they kept getting interrupted. They allegedly went their separate ways after exchanging numbers and promising to meet later.
All through this controversy, Patton stood by her husband and a representative of hers issued a statement saying that Scolaro was just someone looking for attention.
Thicke, too, commented on the incident telling Star Magazine that he is happily married. “My only comment about the so-called scandalous photo would be that my wife and I are perfectly in love and very happily married. So, no complaints there,” Thicke was quoted as saying by the media.
The couple was soon seeing holidaying in Miami, dispelling rumors of trouble in paradise.
But, Thicke found himself in the middle of yet another controversy last month when photographs emerged of him getting cozy with a female companion while partying in Paris.
In some photographs, he was seen leaning for a lip lock with his companion, and this might have been the last straw for Patton, who decided to quit with her husband after a month later.
And now that Thicke is single, girls are sure to make a beeline for the singer, and among the frontrunners is Scolaro, who is eager to date Thicke.
“I'd love to grab a drink with him if he asked,” Scolaro told TMZ, after she heard about Patton and Thicke’s separation.
Scolaro said she is not in the least surprised that the couple split, as she is sure Thicke has not been entirely faithful to his wife.
“Robin acting like that with me makes me think there were many more. It's a shame because when you have a kid, it's upsetting,” she added.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date