No More One Direction? Harry Styles Co-Writes Songs with John Legend, Embarks on New Career?
By nidhi tewari | February 25, 2014 7:21 PM EST
Harry Styles is on his way to become the next Justin Timberlake. Just like the NSYNC singer departed from the most famous boy band of the 90s to pursue his own career back then, Harry too has been involved in writing his own songs. The 20-year-old One Direction hottie has co-written new songs with American singer and songwriter John Legend; X-Factor contestants Alex and Sierra have revealed to Mstarz magazine.
British singer Harry Styles from the band One Direction arrives to attend the presentation of the Burberry Autumn/Winter 2014 collection during London Fashion Week February 17, 2014.
These songs are meant to be sung by Alex and Sierra for their next album and the two are calling the composition "beautiful." "Our favorite [song] is one that Harry Styles wrote with John Legend, it's beautiful and lovely," Sierra revealed to the Web site. "[Harry] is actually an amazing writer, he's pitched us a few other good ones and they're really good."
This is the first time that Harry Styles has worked as an individual writer outside the One Direction boundaries. According to The Independent, the song's lyrics are very romantic and go something like this. "I saw your face/ I heard your name/ Felt the blood rushing through my veins/ If you remember/ How could I forget?"
The title of the track is yet unknown but the Web site is confirming that Hazza has co-written more than 18 songs meant for Alex and Sierra's debut album. X-Factor judge Simon Cowell too praised the songs written by the curly haired cutie.
"Am listening to the Alex and Sierra demos for their upcoming album. Fantastic. It's seriously good. I can't wait for everyone to hear it," new dad Simon Cowell wrote on Twitter.
Am listening to the Alex and Sierra demos for their upcoming album. Fantastic.
— Simon Cowell (@SimonCowell) Feb. 21, 2014
It's seriously good. I can't wait for everyone to hear it. — Simon Cowell (@SimonCowell) Feb. 21, 2014
Do you think Harry Styles is being futuristic and is preparing for his solo career as a singer and songwriter from this very age? History is a proof that all boy bands have very less age. Right from Boyzone, NSYNC to Back Street Boys, none of them last more than a couple of years. So is Harry Styles doing the right thing to focus on his individual career? Will he be a successful songwriter? What are your views?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Will Feature Nude Scene Confirmed—Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1: ‘The Biggest Action Sequence That We Have Ever Attempted’ [VIDEO]
- 'Terminator' 5 And 'Jurassic World' Trailers To Be Released Soon
- ‘Star Wars’ 7 Plot Leak – New Villain And Stormtroopers New Look [Spoilers]
- 'Doctor Who' Casting News: 'GOT' Actress Rose Leslie Favoured To Play As 'Clara Oswald'
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region