No More One Direction? Harry Styles Co-Writes Songs with John Legend, Embarks on New Career?
By nidhi tewari | February 25, 2014 7:21 PM EST
Harry Styles is on his way to become the next Justin Timberlake. Just like the NSYNC singer departed from the most famous boy band of the 90s to pursue his own career back then, Harry too has been involved in writing his own songs. The 20-year-old One Direction hottie has co-written new songs with American singer and songwriter John Legend; X-Factor contestants Alex and Sierra have revealed to Mstarz magazine.
British singer Harry Styles from the band One Direction arrives to attend the presentation of the Burberry Autumn/Winter 2014 collection during London Fashion Week February 17, 2014.
These songs are meant to be sung by Alex and Sierra for their next album and the two are calling the composition "beautiful." "Our favorite [song] is one that Harry Styles wrote with John Legend, it's beautiful and lovely," Sierra revealed to the Web site. "[Harry] is actually an amazing writer, he's pitched us a few other good ones and they're really good."
This is the first time that Harry Styles has worked as an individual writer outside the One Direction boundaries. According to The Independent, the song's lyrics are very romantic and go something like this. "I saw your face/ I heard your name/ Felt the blood rushing through my veins/ If you remember/ How could I forget?"
The title of the track is yet unknown but the Web site is confirming that Hazza has co-written more than 18 songs meant for Alex and Sierra's debut album. X-Factor judge Simon Cowell too praised the songs written by the curly haired cutie.
"Am listening to the Alex and Sierra demos for their upcoming album. Fantastic. It's seriously good. I can't wait for everyone to hear it," new dad Simon Cowell wrote on Twitter.
Am listening to the Alex and Sierra demos for their upcoming album. Fantastic.
— Simon Cowell (@SimonCowell) Feb. 21, 2014
It's seriously good. I can't wait for everyone to hear it. — Simon Cowell (@SimonCowell) Feb. 21, 2014
Do you think Harry Styles is being futuristic and is preparing for his solo career as a singer and songwriter from this very age? History is a proof that all boy bands have very less age. Right from Boyzone, NSYNC to Back Street Boys, none of them last more than a couple of years. So is Harry Styles doing the right thing to focus on his individual career? Will he be a successful songwriter? What are your views?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 29, 2014: Brooke Must Decide If She Will Continue With Her Plans Of Marrying Bill [WATCH VIDEO]
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate