No More One Direction? Harry Styles Co-Writes Songs with John Legend, Embarks on New Career?
By nidhi tewari | February 25, 2014 7:21 PM EST
Harry Styles is on his way to become the next Justin Timberlake. Just like the NSYNC singer departed from the most famous boy band of the 90s to pursue his own career back then, Harry too has been involved in writing his own songs. The 20-year-old One Direction hottie has co-written new songs with American singer and songwriter John Legend; X-Factor contestants Alex and Sierra have revealed to Mstarz magazine.
British singer Harry Styles from the band One Direction arrives to attend the presentation of the Burberry Autumn/Winter 2014 collection during London Fashion Week February 17, 2014.
These songs are meant to be sung by Alex and Sierra for their next album and the two are calling the composition "beautiful." "Our favorite [song] is one that Harry Styles wrote with John Legend, it's beautiful and lovely," Sierra revealed to the Web site. "[Harry] is actually an amazing writer, he's pitched us a few other good ones and they're really good."
This is the first time that Harry Styles has worked as an individual writer outside the One Direction boundaries. According to The Independent, the song's lyrics are very romantic and go something like this. "I saw your face/ I heard your name/ Felt the blood rushing through my veins/ If you remember/ How could I forget?"
The title of the track is yet unknown but the Web site is confirming that Hazza has co-written more than 18 songs meant for Alex and Sierra's debut album. X-Factor judge Simon Cowell too praised the songs written by the curly haired cutie.
"Am listening to the Alex and Sierra demos for their upcoming album. Fantastic. It's seriously good. I can't wait for everyone to hear it," new dad Simon Cowell wrote on Twitter.
Am listening to the Alex and Sierra demos for their upcoming album. Fantastic.
— Simon Cowell (@SimonCowell) Feb. 21, 2014
It's seriously good. I can't wait for everyone to hear it. — Simon Cowell (@SimonCowell) Feb. 21, 2014
Do you think Harry Styles is being futuristic and is preparing for his solo career as a singer and songwriter from this very age? History is a proof that all boy bands have very less age. Right from Boyzone, NSYNC to Back Street Boys, none of them last more than a couple of years. So is Harry Styles doing the right thing to focus on his individual career? Will he be a successful songwriter? What are your views?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS