No More One Direction? Harry Styles Co-Writes Songs with John Legend, Embarks on New Career?
By nidhi tewari | February 25, 2014 7:21 PM EST
Harry Styles is on his way to become the next Justin Timberlake. Just like the NSYNC singer departed from the most famous boy band of the 90s to pursue his own career back then, Harry too has been involved in writing his own songs. The 20-year-old One Direction hottie has co-written new songs with American singer and songwriter John Legend; X-Factor contestants Alex and Sierra have revealed to Mstarz magazine.
British singer Harry Styles from the band One Direction arrives to attend the presentation of the Burberry Autumn/Winter 2014 collection during London Fashion Week February 17, 2014.
These songs are meant to be sung by Alex and Sierra for their next album and the two are calling the composition "beautiful." "Our favorite [song] is one that Harry Styles wrote with John Legend, it's beautiful and lovely," Sierra revealed to the Web site. "[Harry] is actually an amazing writer, he's pitched us a few other good ones and they're really good."
This is the first time that Harry Styles has worked as an individual writer outside the One Direction boundaries. According to The Independent, the song's lyrics are very romantic and go something like this. "I saw your face/ I heard your name/ Felt the blood rushing through my veins/ If you remember/ How could I forget?"
The title of the track is yet unknown but the Web site is confirming that Hazza has co-written more than 18 songs meant for Alex and Sierra's debut album. X-Factor judge Simon Cowell too praised the songs written by the curly haired cutie.
"Am listening to the Alex and Sierra demos for their upcoming album. Fantastic. It's seriously good. I can't wait for everyone to hear it," new dad Simon Cowell wrote on Twitter.
Am listening to the Alex and Sierra demos for their upcoming album. Fantastic.
— Simon Cowell (@SimonCowell) Feb. 21, 2014
It's seriously good. I can't wait for everyone to hear it. — Simon Cowell (@SimonCowell) Feb. 21, 2014
Do you think Harry Styles is being futuristic and is preparing for his solo career as a singer and songwriter from this very age? History is a proof that all boy bands have very less age. Right from Boyzone, NSYNC to Back Street Boys, none of them last more than a couple of years. So is Harry Styles doing the right thing to focus on his individual career? Will he be a successful songwriter? What are your views?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- 'White Collar' Season 6 RECAP Episode 3: Amy Slaps Neal Caffrey In Uncontrolled Variables [SPOILERS]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 24-26, 2014: The Forresters, Logans And Spencers Will Celebrate Thanksgiving Day At The Forrester Mansion
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced