Lines Blurred as Robin Thicke and Wife Paula Patton Finally Calls It Quits After 9 Years of Marriage
By Maychelle Ornos | February 25, 2014 6:07 PM EST
The life in Hollywood is simply hazardous to relationships as another one takes a dive today. After nine years of love and friendship, Robin Thicke and Paula Patton are finally going their separate ways, according to People. This comes as a shock since the two seemed fine since they have been dating since they were teenagers before finally tying the knot in on June 11, 2005.
Singer Robin Thicke and his wife, actress Paula Patton, arrive at the 2013 BET Awards in Los Angeles, California June 30, 2013.
Thicke who has been very expressive with his love for his wife was rumoured to have been seen with other women after the VMA's. These rumours may have sparked the problems between the couple that eventually led to this decision to split. The song "Blurred Lines" has propelled the fame of Thicke but may have caused his long-time relationship with his wife.
Most people have even reacted to the twerking of Miley Cyrus and Thicke while performing at the VMA's. One of the women linked to the singer was Lana Scolaro who claimed to have met Thicke at a friend's party. The young woman started rumours of her and Thicke making out and that the married singer has pursued her incessantly. However, Patton only dismissed the issue saying that she is only looking for attention, according to the Huffington Post.
There was also a time when the singer was seen getting cozy with a woman in Paris, according to Dose. The pair was captured in a photo wherein Thicke was leaning in to the woman while they were in a club. This might have been just a misunderstanding and it could be that the singer was only leaning in to say something to the woman. Nonetheless, sparks flew and the rumours have only grown.
Many have sympathized for Paula after the issues of her husband cheating surfaced. If the lines are blurred it is easily crossed and Patton has finally decided to call it quits. The "Jumping the Broom" star and the "Blurred Lines" singer have announced their separation in an interview with People magazine, the decision seems to be mutual.
"We will always love each other and be best friends, however, we have mutually decided to separate at this time," the couple said during an interview with People.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- The Bold and the Beautiful Spoilers for July 31, 2014: Plans, Conditions and Ultimatums in B&B [WATCH VIDEO]
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools