Lines Blurred as Robin Thicke and Wife Paula Patton Finally Calls It Quits After 9 Years of Marriage
By Maychelle Ornos | February 25, 2014 6:07 PM EST
The life in Hollywood is simply hazardous to relationships as another one takes a dive today. After nine years of love and friendship, Robin Thicke and Paula Patton are finally going their separate ways, according to People. This comes as a shock since the two seemed fine since they have been dating since they were teenagers before finally tying the knot in on June 11, 2005.
Singer Robin Thicke and his wife, actress Paula Patton, arrive at the 2013 BET Awards in Los Angeles, California June 30, 2013.
Thicke who has been very expressive with his love for his wife was rumoured to have been seen with other women after the VMA's. These rumours may have sparked the problems between the couple that eventually led to this decision to split. The song "Blurred Lines" has propelled the fame of Thicke but may have caused his long-time relationship with his wife.
Most people have even reacted to the twerking of Miley Cyrus and Thicke while performing at the VMA's. One of the women linked to the singer was Lana Scolaro who claimed to have met Thicke at a friend's party. The young woman started rumours of her and Thicke making out and that the married singer has pursued her incessantly. However, Patton only dismissed the issue saying that she is only looking for attention, according to the Huffington Post.
There was also a time when the singer was seen getting cozy with a woman in Paris, according to Dose. The pair was captured in a photo wherein Thicke was leaning in to the woman while they were in a club. This might have been just a misunderstanding and it could be that the singer was only leaning in to say something to the woman. Nonetheless, sparks flew and the rumours have only grown.
Many have sympathized for Paula after the issues of her husband cheating surfaced. If the lines are blurred it is easily crossed and Patton has finally decided to call it quits. The "Jumping the Broom" star and the "Blurred Lines" singer have announced their separation in an interview with People magazine, the decision seems to be mutual.
"We will always love each other and be best friends, however, we have mutually decided to separate at this time," the couple said during an interview with People.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage