Lines Blurred as Robin Thicke and Wife Paula Patton Finally Calls It Quits After 9 Years of Marriage
By Maychelle Ornos | February 25, 2014 6:07 PM EST
The life in Hollywood is simply hazardous to relationships as another one takes a dive today. After nine years of love and friendship, Robin Thicke and Paula Patton are finally going their separate ways, according to People. This comes as a shock since the two seemed fine since they have been dating since they were teenagers before finally tying the knot in on June 11, 2005.
Singer Robin Thicke and his wife, actress Paula Patton, arrive at the 2013 BET Awards in Los Angeles, California June 30, 2013.
Thicke who has been very expressive with his love for his wife was rumoured to have been seen with other women after the VMA's. These rumours may have sparked the problems between the couple that eventually led to this decision to split. The song "Blurred Lines" has propelled the fame of Thicke but may have caused his long-time relationship with his wife.
Most people have even reacted to the twerking of Miley Cyrus and Thicke while performing at the VMA's. One of the women linked to the singer was Lana Scolaro who claimed to have met Thicke at a friend's party. The young woman started rumours of her and Thicke making out and that the married singer has pursued her incessantly. However, Patton only dismissed the issue saying that she is only looking for attention, according to the Huffington Post.
There was also a time when the singer was seen getting cozy with a woman in Paris, according to Dose. The pair was captured in a photo wherein Thicke was leaning in to the woman while they were in a club. This might have been just a misunderstanding and it could be that the singer was only leaning in to say something to the woman. Nonetheless, sparks flew and the rumours have only grown.
Many have sympathized for Paula after the issues of her husband cheating surfaced. If the lines are blurred it is easily crossed and Patton has finally decided to call it quits. The "Jumping the Broom" star and the "Blurred Lines" singer have announced their separation in an interview with People magazine, the decision seems to be mutual.
"We will always love each other and be best friends, however, we have mutually decided to separate at this time," the couple said during an interview with People.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation