Lines Blurred as Robin Thicke and Wife Paula Patton Finally Calls It Quits After 9 Years of Marriage
By Maychelle Ornos | February 25, 2014 6:07 PM EST
The life in Hollywood is simply hazardous to relationships as another one takes a dive today. After nine years of love and friendship, Robin Thicke and Paula Patton are finally going their separate ways, according to People. This comes as a shock since the two seemed fine since they have been dating since they were teenagers before finally tying the knot in on June 11, 2005.
Singer Robin Thicke and his wife, actress Paula Patton, arrive at the 2013 BET Awards in Los Angeles, California June 30, 2013.
Thicke who has been very expressive with his love for his wife was rumoured to have been seen with other women after the VMA's. These rumours may have sparked the problems between the couple that eventually led to this decision to split. The song "Blurred Lines" has propelled the fame of Thicke but may have caused his long-time relationship with his wife.
Most people have even reacted to the twerking of Miley Cyrus and Thicke while performing at the VMA's. One of the women linked to the singer was Lana Scolaro who claimed to have met Thicke at a friend's party. The young woman started rumours of her and Thicke making out and that the married singer has pursued her incessantly. However, Patton only dismissed the issue saying that she is only looking for attention, according to the Huffington Post.
There was also a time when the singer was seen getting cozy with a woman in Paris, according to Dose. The pair was captured in a photo wherein Thicke was leaning in to the woman while they were in a club. This might have been just a misunderstanding and it could be that the singer was only leaning in to say something to the woman. Nonetheless, sparks flew and the rumours have only grown.
Many have sympathized for Paula after the issues of her husband cheating surfaced. If the lines are blurred it is easily crossed and Patton has finally decided to call it quits. The "Jumping the Broom" star and the "Blurred Lines" singer have announced their separation in an interview with People magazine, the decision seems to be mutual.
"We will always love each other and be best friends, however, we have mutually decided to separate at this time," the couple said during an interview with People.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- USA Defeats Lithuania, 96-68; Americans Advance To Championship Round Of 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers