‘WWE’ Star Jake ‘The Snake’ Roberts Undergoing Surgery to Remove Tumor After Diagnosed with Cancer
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | February 25, 2014 5:52 PM EST
WWE superstar Jake "The Snake" Roberts found out that he has cancer, and now, Feb. 25, he has to undergo emergency surgery, and battle his way out of the disease.
A doctor checked Roberts' knee on Friday, Feb. 21, and on Monday, Feb. 24, results came and Roberts found out he has growth behind his knee. The growth was confirmed to be cancerous and growing into Roberts' muscle, and the doctor told the wrestler to have it operated immediately.
Roberts told TMZ that he noticed a tumor behind his knee the size of a half dollar in January so he had it tested in February. Roberts also told TMZ that after he underwent surgery, he will only wait a few weeks until he make his return to Jersey Championship Wrestling on March 14 whether he still has cancer or not.
"If the devil can't defeat me, cancer doesn't stand a chance in hell! Pray for sick children who face this horrible disease 'cause The Snake will be just fine" Jake, who spent years battling alcohol and drugs, said.
Jake Roberts was a famous professional wrestler, the son of former wrestler Aurelian "Grizzly" Smith. He was known for carrying a boa constrictor named Damien to the ring for his matches, and he is best known for his two stints in the World Wrestling Federation.
Roberts is also known for making the DDT maneuver a popular move, which started, according to Wiki, in a match where he had his opponent Len "The Grappler" Denton in a front face-lock. But then, Roberts tripped over Denton's foot, making Denton fell backwards and landing on his head.
In December 2007, WWE wrestling news reports said that Roberts was placed in a 14-week voluntary rehab program. And in 2008, it was reported that Roberts was doing well after completing the said program.
On April 5, Roberts has an upcoming induction into the WWE Hall of Fame, and he, again, told TMZ that nothing will stop him from getting to New Orleans for the ceremony.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales