Vijay-Murugadoss Film's Storyline Not Leaked; Tota Roy is Not Main Villain, Says Director
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 25, 2014 5:02 PM EST
Bengali actor Tota Roy Chowdary, who is playing a significant role in Vijay-Murugadoss's upcoming film, had earlier revealed the film's interesting storyline.
Screenshot from YouTube
Vijay (Screenshot from official tralier of "Thalaivaa" on YouTube)
The actor had claimed that he was the film's antagonist and also revealed its plot. However, director Murugadoss has now refuted reports that the stoyline has been leaked. Murugadoss has said that the storyline of "Vijay 57" (tentatively titled) is different from what Roy had revealed. [To know about the film's story as revealed by Totta Roy, click HERE]
Speaking to The Times of India, the director said, "We're not perturbed about it, as that is not the actual story. The storyline is very different."
Murugadoss has also revealed that Tota is not the main antagonist in the untitled film. He said that the film's team is still looking for a person to play the main villain role. "Tota is not the main villain; we are still on the look-out for a person who would fit the antagonist's role. As we shot in Kolkata for a few days, we wanted a person who could film for a few chase sequences there and so, roped in Tota, a Bengali actor," the director told the daily.
The shooting of "Vijay 57" commenced in the first week of February in Kolkata, following which the team went to Chennai to shoot some portions. Now, they have moved to Rajahmundry for the next schedule.
Samantha plays the female lead for Vijay, while comedian Sathish of "Ethir Neechal" fame is reportedly doing a supporting role in the film. Details about other cast members are yet to be revealed. The film will have music by Kollywood's current favourite Anirudh and cinematography will be handled by George C. Williams.
Buzz is that Murugadoss will complete the film on a fast track mode and make it release ready in six months. The Vijay starrer is reportedly gearing up to hit screens on Diwali.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 29, 2014: Brooke Must Decide If She Will Continue With Her Plans Of Marrying Bill [WATCH VIDEO]
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate