Vijay-Murugadoss Film's Storyline Not Leaked; Tota Roy is Not Main Villain, Says Director
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 25, 2014 5:02 PM EST
Bengali actor Tota Roy Chowdary, who is playing a significant role in Vijay-Murugadoss's upcoming film, had earlier revealed the film's interesting storyline.
Screenshot from YouTube
Vijay (Screenshot from official tralier of "Thalaivaa" on YouTube)
The actor had claimed that he was the film's antagonist and also revealed its plot. However, director Murugadoss has now refuted reports that the stoyline has been leaked. Murugadoss has said that the storyline of "Vijay 57" (tentatively titled) is different from what Roy had revealed. [To know about the film's story as revealed by Totta Roy, click HERE]
Speaking to The Times of India, the director said, "We're not perturbed about it, as that is not the actual story. The storyline is very different."
Murugadoss has also revealed that Tota is not the main antagonist in the untitled film. He said that the film's team is still looking for a person to play the main villain role. "Tota is not the main villain; we are still on the look-out for a person who would fit the antagonist's role. As we shot in Kolkata for a few days, we wanted a person who could film for a few chase sequences there and so, roped in Tota, a Bengali actor," the director told the daily.
The shooting of "Vijay 57" commenced in the first week of February in Kolkata, following which the team went to Chennai to shoot some portions. Now, they have moved to Rajahmundry for the next schedule.
Samantha plays the female lead for Vijay, while comedian Sathish of "Ethir Neechal" fame is reportedly doing a supporting role in the film. Details about other cast members are yet to be revealed. The film will have music by Kollywood's current favourite Anirudh and cinematography will be handled by George C. Williams.
Buzz is that Murugadoss will complete the film on a fast track mode and make it release ready in six months. The Vijay starrer is reportedly gearing up to hit screens on Diwali.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed