Netflix Adds Final Breaking Bad Episodes, Let The Walter White Binge Begins!
By Riza Ornos | February 25, 2014 5:00 PM EST
Netflix subscribers can now binge heavily for every "Breaking Bad" episodes are now up for grabs for live streaming. As part of its content deal with AMC, Netflix uploaded the second half of season 5, episodes 9-10) on Monday so fans can enjoy the critically acclaimed drama's complete five seasons.
Before the second of half of Season Five was uploaded, Netflix subscribers already had access to the first four seasons and the first half of the final season. According to "Breaking Bad" creator Vince Gilligan, it was Netflix who kept the show alive thanks to its streaming video on demand.
According to Gilligan, "Breaking Bad" may have met its demise after season two in an interview posted in Mashable. Netflix ushered in new viewers who wants to watch the series at their own time and pace, and encourage time-starved people to binge if they choose to.
"Television has changed a lot in six years (since "Bad" premiered)," Gilligan revealed after "Breaking Bad" won its first drama Emmy in an interview with Variety. "I'm no expert on the sociological elements of it, but I've got to think a big part of what has changed is streaming video on demand, particularly with operations like Netflix, iTunes and Amazon Prime."
"I think Netflix kept us on the air. Not only are we standing up here (with the Emmy), I don't think our show would have even lasted beyond season two. ... It's a new era in television, and we've been very fortunate to reap the benefits," says Gilligan during the 2013 Emmy Awards.
Although "Breaking Bad" is over, but will Walter White's legacy will live on in a spinoff about Heisenberg's quirky criminal lawyer Saul Goodman played by Bob Odenkirk. "Better Call Saul" is scheduled to be aired on AMC starting in November before it will be available on Netflix.
"Better Call Saul" is a story of Saul Goodman, a mall-based super lawyer before he became Walter White's attorney. Saul will be handling crimes from parking tickets to a more elaborate crimes, mass murder. Anything from slip-and-fall to bond fraud, Saul Goodman handles it all, hence the title, "Better Call Saul."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’