Netflix Adds Final Breaking Bad Episodes, Let The Walter White Binge Begins!
By Riza Ornos | February 25, 2014 5:00 PM EST
Netflix subscribers can now binge heavily for every "Breaking Bad" episodes are now up for grabs for live streaming. As part of its content deal with AMC, Netflix uploaded the second half of season 5, episodes 9-10) on Monday so fans can enjoy the critically acclaimed drama's complete five seasons.
Before the second of half of Season Five was uploaded, Netflix subscribers already had access to the first four seasons and the first half of the final season. According to "Breaking Bad" creator Vince Gilligan, it was Netflix who kept the show alive thanks to its streaming video on demand.
According to Gilligan, "Breaking Bad" may have met its demise after season two in an interview posted in Mashable. Netflix ushered in new viewers who wants to watch the series at their own time and pace, and encourage time-starved people to binge if they choose to.
"Television has changed a lot in six years (since "Bad" premiered)," Gilligan revealed after "Breaking Bad" won its first drama Emmy in an interview with Variety. "I'm no expert on the sociological elements of it, but I've got to think a big part of what has changed is streaming video on demand, particularly with operations like Netflix, iTunes and Amazon Prime."
"I think Netflix kept us on the air. Not only are we standing up here (with the Emmy), I don't think our show would have even lasted beyond season two. ... It's a new era in television, and we've been very fortunate to reap the benefits," says Gilligan during the 2013 Emmy Awards.
Although "Breaking Bad" is over, but will Walter White's legacy will live on in a spinoff about Heisenberg's quirky criminal lawyer Saul Goodman played by Bob Odenkirk. "Better Call Saul" is scheduled to be aired on AMC starting in November before it will be available on Netflix.
"Better Call Saul" is a story of Saul Goodman, a mall-based super lawyer before he became Walter White's attorney. Saul will be handling crimes from parking tickets to a more elaborate crimes, mass murder. Anything from slip-and-fall to bond fraud, Saul Goodman handles it all, hence the title, "Better Call Saul."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage