Netflix Adds Final Breaking Bad Episodes, Let The Walter White Binge Begins!
By Riza Ornos | February 25, 2014 5:00 PM EST
Netflix subscribers can now binge heavily for every "Breaking Bad" episodes are now up for grabs for live streaming. As part of its content deal with AMC, Netflix uploaded the second half of season 5, episodes 9-10) on Monday so fans can enjoy the critically acclaimed drama's complete five seasons.
Before the second of half of Season Five was uploaded, Netflix subscribers already had access to the first four seasons and the first half of the final season. According to "Breaking Bad" creator Vince Gilligan, it was Netflix who kept the show alive thanks to its streaming video on demand.
According to Gilligan, "Breaking Bad" may have met its demise after season two in an interview posted in Mashable. Netflix ushered in new viewers who wants to watch the series at their own time and pace, and encourage time-starved people to binge if they choose to.
"Television has changed a lot in six years (since "Bad" premiered)," Gilligan revealed after "Breaking Bad" won its first drama Emmy in an interview with Variety. "I'm no expert on the sociological elements of it, but I've got to think a big part of what has changed is streaming video on demand, particularly with operations like Netflix, iTunes and Amazon Prime."
"I think Netflix kept us on the air. Not only are we standing up here (with the Emmy), I don't think our show would have even lasted beyond season two. ... It's a new era in television, and we've been very fortunate to reap the benefits," says Gilligan during the 2013 Emmy Awards.
Although "Breaking Bad" is over, but will Walter White's legacy will live on in a spinoff about Heisenberg's quirky criminal lawyer Saul Goodman played by Bob Odenkirk. "Better Call Saul" is scheduled to be aired on AMC starting in November before it will be available on Netflix.
"Better Call Saul" is a story of Saul Goodman, a mall-based super lawyer before he became Walter White's attorney. Saul will be handling crimes from parking tickets to a more elaborate crimes, mass murder. Anything from slip-and-fall to bond fraud, Saul Goodman handles it all, hence the title, "Better Call Saul."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- 'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Promo Video And Synopsis For Episode 9 Titled ‘I Alone’ Tease Continuation Of Mission To Bring Bonnie Back [WATCH]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced