Shane Warne’s Topless Instagram Selfie Sparks Weight Loss Criticisms
By Anne Lu | February 25, 2014 4:36 PM EST
Shane Warne just can’t win the Internet. After uploading another topless selfie on his Instagram account, the former cricketer has once again become the subject of criticisms from followers who think he has become too thin.
On Monday, the 44-year-old bowler uploaded a photo of him showing his torso covered in bruises.
“OUCH !!! This was fun back in Melbourne, but bloody hurt more than being hit by a fast bowler,” he captioned his photo.
The photo is apparently taken after he accepted a challenge that was part of a new deal with an online booker.
His social media followers appeared to be more concerned with his weight than the marks covering his body, though.
Warne has received a onslaught of comments from Instagram users who think his weight loss is disturbing.
“Eat something. For the love of god, eat something,” one commenter wrote.
“Bring the gut back Warney! Get some of those toasted sandwiches and pizzas!” another added.
This isn’t the first time Warne’s Instagram photo has garnered attention for the wrong reasons.
In June, he posted another topless photo that was presumably taken by Warne himself while he was lying on his bed. In the photo, Warne was giving viewers a smouldering look, which failed to excite his fans.
Even his 11-year-old daughter Summer was embarrassed to see her dad in the photo. She asked him to “take this down,” which he eventually did.
“Remember, never lose your sense of humour!” he addressed his critics.
Meanwhile, lingerie tycoon Michelle Mone is denying that she enjoyed a tryst with Warne just hours he spent Valentine’s Day weekend with girlfriend Elizabeth Hurley.
According to the UK tabloid The Sun, Warne romanced Mone in her hotel room at The Dorchester Hotel on February 16 after he spent the day with Hurley. He apparently showered the 42-year-old Ultimo owner with champagne and red roses.
But Mone has denied the claim, saying that she has been single for the past 18 months. She wrote on Twitter that she would never meet a guy who already has a commitment with someone else.
Warne has also denied the rumour, calling the report “ludicrous & laughable.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Ana Ivanovic Posts a Hot Selfie on Instagram after her San Francisco Photo-Shoot
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed