Shane Warne’s Topless Instagram Selfie Sparks Weight Loss Criticisms
By Anne Lu | February 25, 2014 4:36 PM EST
Shane Warne just can’t win the Internet. After uploading another topless selfie on his Instagram account, the former cricketer has once again become the subject of criticisms from followers who think he has become too thin.
On Monday, the 44-year-old bowler uploaded a photo of him showing his torso covered in bruises.
“OUCH !!! This was fun back in Melbourne, but bloody hurt more than being hit by a fast bowler,” he captioned his photo.
The photo is apparently taken after he accepted a challenge that was part of a new deal with an online booker.
His social media followers appeared to be more concerned with his weight than the marks covering his body, though.
Warne has received a onslaught of comments from Instagram users who think his weight loss is disturbing.
“Eat something. For the love of god, eat something,” one commenter wrote.
“Bring the gut back Warney! Get some of those toasted sandwiches and pizzas!” another added.
This isn’t the first time Warne’s Instagram photo has garnered attention for the wrong reasons.
In June, he posted another topless photo that was presumably taken by Warne himself while he was lying on his bed. In the photo, Warne was giving viewers a smouldering look, which failed to excite his fans.
Even his 11-year-old daughter Summer was embarrassed to see her dad in the photo. She asked him to “take this down,” which he eventually did.
“Remember, never lose your sense of humour!” he addressed his critics.
Meanwhile, lingerie tycoon Michelle Mone is denying that she enjoyed a tryst with Warne just hours he spent Valentine’s Day weekend with girlfriend Elizabeth Hurley.
According to the UK tabloid The Sun, Warne romanced Mone in her hotel room at The Dorchester Hotel on February 16 after he spent the day with Hurley. He apparently showered the 42-year-old Ultimo owner with champagne and red roses.
But Mone has denied the claim, saying that she has been single for the past 18 months. She wrote on Twitter that she would never meet a guy who already has a commitment with someone else.
Warne has also denied the rumour, calling the report “ludicrous & laughable.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report