Shane Warne’s Topless Instagram Selfie Sparks Weight Loss Criticisms
By Anne Lu | February 25, 2014 4:36 PM EST
Shane Warne just can’t win the Internet. After uploading another topless selfie on his Instagram account, the former cricketer has once again become the subject of criticisms from followers who think he has become too thin.
On Monday, the 44-year-old bowler uploaded a photo of him showing his torso covered in bruises.
“OUCH !!! This was fun back in Melbourne, but bloody hurt more than being hit by a fast bowler,” he captioned his photo.
The photo is apparently taken after he accepted a challenge that was part of a new deal with an online booker.
His social media followers appeared to be more concerned with his weight than the marks covering his body, though.
Warne has received a onslaught of comments from Instagram users who think his weight loss is disturbing.
“Eat something. For the love of god, eat something,” one commenter wrote.
“Bring the gut back Warney! Get some of those toasted sandwiches and pizzas!” another added.
This isn’t the first time Warne’s Instagram photo has garnered attention for the wrong reasons.
In June, he posted another topless photo that was presumably taken by Warne himself while he was lying on his bed. In the photo, Warne was giving viewers a smouldering look, which failed to excite his fans.
Even his 11-year-old daughter Summer was embarrassed to see her dad in the photo. She asked him to “take this down,” which he eventually did.
“Remember, never lose your sense of humour!” he addressed his critics.
Meanwhile, lingerie tycoon Michelle Mone is denying that she enjoyed a tryst with Warne just hours he spent Valentine’s Day weekend with girlfriend Elizabeth Hurley.
According to the UK tabloid The Sun, Warne romanced Mone in her hotel room at The Dorchester Hotel on February 16 after he spent the day with Hurley. He apparently showered the 42-year-old Ultimo owner with champagne and red roses.
But Mone has denied the claim, saying that she has been single for the past 18 months. She wrote on Twitter that she would never meet a guy who already has a commitment with someone else.
Warne has also denied the rumour, calling the report “ludicrous & laughable.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More