'50 Shades of Grey' Movie: Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan Finish Filming, See Behind-The-Scenes Photos
By Vanessa Francisco | February 25, 2014 4:08 PM EST
The highly anticipated "Fifty Shades of Grey" film has completed filming in Vancouver, Canada and the film's cast and crew members are celebrating. On Friday, Feb. 21, Fifty Shades of Grey author E.L. James announced on Twitter that the movie adaptation filming is finally done. "And that is a wrap," she tweeted. James also posted a photo in Instagram with her smiling next to the film's director, Sam Taylor-Johnson. "One of us is drinking. It's a wrap," captioned the picture with her holding a cup of drink.
James posted a Twitter pic of what seems to be an office or brainstorming room of the producers. The caption is addressed to the movie producers, "It is so empty without you @michaelDe_luca @danabrunetti"
On Thursday, Feb. 20, Brunetti posted a picture of the set with him standing next to actor Jamie Dornan who stars as Christian Grey in the movie. The picture's caption made fun of Dornan's shirt, which reads "Freddy's BBQ Joint," a restaurant that appears in the show, House of Cards, which Brunetti is also the executive producer of. The caption had the #HoC hashtag for reference.
"Everybody could just go and enjoy the R version and if they really want to see it again and get a little more gritty with it, they can have that NC-17 version out there as well," Brunetti said while talking about how raunchy the movie will be. "What we are kind of hearing from fans is they want it dirty and as close as possible to the book. We want to keep it elevated and give the fans what they want."
Michael De Luca, the film's producer, said that the movie will not be as explicit as the original novel but still emphasized that it will be erotic. The Fifty Shades of Grey movie adaptation stars Dakota Johnson as Anastasia Steele and Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey while Marcia Gay Hayden, Luke Grimes, Jennifer Ehle, Rita Ora and Eloise Mumford are included in the supporting cast.
The first promo poster for the movie was released in January, showing Grey's back standing at his office overlooking the Seattle skyline. It has the tagline: "Mr. Grey will see you now." Fifty Shades of Grey will be released in theaters on Valentine's Day of 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists