'50 Shades of Grey' Movie: Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan Finish Filming, See Behind-The-Scenes Photos
By Vanessa Francisco | February 25, 2014 4:08 PM EST
The highly anticipated "Fifty Shades of Grey" film has completed filming in Vancouver, Canada and the film's cast and crew members are celebrating. On Friday, Feb. 21, Fifty Shades of Grey author E.L. James announced on Twitter that the movie adaptation filming is finally done. "And that is a wrap," she tweeted. James also posted a photo in Instagram with her smiling next to the film's director, Sam Taylor-Johnson. "One of us is drinking. It's a wrap," captioned the picture with her holding a cup of drink.
James posted a Twitter pic of what seems to be an office or brainstorming room of the producers. The caption is addressed to the movie producers, "It is so empty without you @michaelDe_luca @danabrunetti"
On Thursday, Feb. 20, Brunetti posted a picture of the set with him standing next to actor Jamie Dornan who stars as Christian Grey in the movie. The picture's caption made fun of Dornan's shirt, which reads "Freddy's BBQ Joint," a restaurant that appears in the show, House of Cards, which Brunetti is also the executive producer of. The caption had the #HoC hashtag for reference.
"Everybody could just go and enjoy the R version and if they really want to see it again and get a little more gritty with it, they can have that NC-17 version out there as well," Brunetti said while talking about how raunchy the movie will be. "What we are kind of hearing from fans is they want it dirty and as close as possible to the book. We want to keep it elevated and give the fans what they want."
Michael De Luca, the film's producer, said that the movie will not be as explicit as the original novel but still emphasized that it will be erotic. The Fifty Shades of Grey movie adaptation stars Dakota Johnson as Anastasia Steele and Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey while Marcia Gay Hayden, Luke Grimes, Jennifer Ehle, Rita Ora and Eloise Mumford are included in the supporting cast.
The first promo poster for the movie was released in January, showing Grey's back standing at his office overlooking the Seattle skyline. It has the tagline: "Mr. Grey will see you now." Fifty Shades of Grey will be released in theaters on Valentine's Day of 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebs: Struggle With Drug Addiction
Join the Conversation
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Nymeria Sand and Arya's Nymeria As Possible Ferocious Forces in New HBO Chapter
- The Bachelor 2014 Update: Nikki Ferrell Sparks Split News Amid Juan Pablo’s Cheating Reports; Find out the Truth
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People