'50 Shades of Grey' Movie: Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan Finish Filming, See Behind-The-Scenes Photos
By Vanessa Francisco | February 25, 2014 4:08 PM EST
The highly anticipated "Fifty Shades of Grey" film has completed filming in Vancouver, Canada and the film's cast and crew members are celebrating. On Friday, Feb. 21, Fifty Shades of Grey author E.L. James announced on Twitter that the movie adaptation filming is finally done. "And that is a wrap," she tweeted. James also posted a photo in Instagram with her smiling next to the film's director, Sam Taylor-Johnson. "One of us is drinking. It's a wrap," captioned the picture with her holding a cup of drink.
James posted a Twitter pic of what seems to be an office or brainstorming room of the producers. The caption is addressed to the movie producers, "It is so empty without you @michaelDe_luca @danabrunetti"
On Thursday, Feb. 20, Brunetti posted a picture of the set with him standing next to actor Jamie Dornan who stars as Christian Grey in the movie. The picture's caption made fun of Dornan's shirt, which reads "Freddy's BBQ Joint," a restaurant that appears in the show, House of Cards, which Brunetti is also the executive producer of. The caption had the #HoC hashtag for reference.
"Everybody could just go and enjoy the R version and if they really want to see it again and get a little more gritty with it, they can have that NC-17 version out there as well," Brunetti said while talking about how raunchy the movie will be. "What we are kind of hearing from fans is they want it dirty and as close as possible to the book. We want to keep it elevated and give the fans what they want."
Michael De Luca, the film's producer, said that the movie will not be as explicit as the original novel but still emphasized that it will be erotic. The Fifty Shades of Grey movie adaptation stars Dakota Johnson as Anastasia Steele and Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey while Marcia Gay Hayden, Luke Grimes, Jennifer Ehle, Rita Ora and Eloise Mumford are included in the supporting cast.
The first promo poster for the movie was released in January, showing Grey's back standing at his office overlooking the Seattle skyline. It has the tagline: "Mr. Grey will see you now." Fifty Shades of Grey will be released in theaters on Valentine's Day of 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Oct. 20-24, 2014, Plus Additional Spoilers For Oct. 27, 2014: Nina Makes Public Rosalie’s Secret
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity