Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners Striker Considers Summer Move Back to Boyhood Club
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 25, 2014 3:57 PM EST
Arsenal striker Lukas Podolski is considering moving away from the Emirates this coming summer as his boyhood club, FC Koln, are seemingly on their way back to Germany's top flight.
Arsenal striker Lukas Podolski is considering moving back to his boyhood club, FC Koln, this coming summer
The German international is, currently, struggling to feature regularly for the Gunners after remaining on the sidelines for about three months because of a hamstring injury, and implied that he is not closing any doors.
"You can never rule anything out in football," Podolski told The Express.
"The FC [Koln] is always my club and always will be."
"You never know what will happen in the next few years."
The rumoured move could prove possible as the 28-year-old already resorted to a similar act in the past wherein he returned to Koln after an unsuccessful spell at Bayern Munich.
Podolski only managed to get four starts, thus far, but played a full game against Sunderland last Saturday.
At any rate, the opportunities that will be given to him by Arsene Wenger from this point on could prove vital to his decision making when the season ends.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS