Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners Striker Considers Summer Move Back to Boyhood Club
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 25, 2014 3:57 PM EST
Arsenal striker Lukas Podolski is considering moving away from the Emirates this coming summer as his boyhood club, FC Koln, are seemingly on their way back to Germany's top flight.
Arsenal striker Lukas Podolski is considering moving back to his boyhood club, FC Koln, this coming summer
The German international is, currently, struggling to feature regularly for the Gunners after remaining on the sidelines for about three months because of a hamstring injury, and implied that he is not closing any doors.
"You can never rule anything out in football," Podolski told The Express.
"The FC [Koln] is always my club and always will be."
"You never know what will happen in the next few years."
The rumoured move could prove possible as the 28-year-old already resorted to a similar act in the past wherein he returned to Koln after an unsuccessful spell at Bayern Munich.
Podolski only managed to get four starts, thus far, but played a full game against Sunderland last Saturday.
At any rate, the opportunities that will be given to him by Arsene Wenger from this point on could prove vital to his decision making when the season ends.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Finland Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Fernando Torres Heads To AC Milan
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Signing A Striker Is Still Considered By Wenger
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares