Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners Striker Considers Summer Move Back to Boyhood Club
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 25, 2014 3:57 PM EST
Arsenal striker Lukas Podolski is considering moving away from the Emirates this coming summer as his boyhood club, FC Koln, are seemingly on their way back to Germany's top flight.
Arsenal striker Lukas Podolski is considering moving back to his boyhood club, FC Koln, this coming summer
The German international is, currently, struggling to feature regularly for the Gunners after remaining on the sidelines for about three months because of a hamstring injury, and implied that he is not closing any doors.
"You can never rule anything out in football," Podolski told The Express.
"The FC [Koln] is always my club and always will be."
"You never know what will happen in the next few years."
The rumoured move could prove possible as the 28-year-old already resorted to a similar act in the past wherein he returned to Koln after an unsuccessful spell at Bayern Munich.
Podolski only managed to get four starts, thus far, but played a full game against Sunderland last Saturday.
At any rate, the opportunities that will be given to him by Arsene Wenger from this point on could prove vital to his decision making when the season ends.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider