Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners Striker Considers Summer Move Back to Boyhood Club
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 25, 2014 3:57 PM EST
Arsenal striker Lukas Podolski is considering moving away from the Emirates this coming summer as his boyhood club, FC Koln, are seemingly on their way back to Germany's top flight.
Arsenal striker Lukas Podolski is considering moving back to his boyhood club, FC Koln, this coming summer
The German international is, currently, struggling to feature regularly for the Gunners after remaining on the sidelines for about three months because of a hamstring injury, and implied that he is not closing any doors.
"You can never rule anything out in football," Podolski told The Express.
"The FC [Koln] is always my club and always will be."
"You never know what will happen in the next few years."
The rumoured move could prove possible as the 28-year-old already resorted to a similar act in the past wherein he returned to Koln after an unsuccessful spell at Bayern Munich.
Podolski only managed to get four starts, thus far, but played a full game against Sunderland last Saturday.
At any rate, the opportunities that will be given to him by Arsene Wenger from this point on could prove vital to his decision making when the season ends.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Rafael Nadal To Kick Off 2015 Season At The Mubadala World Tennis Championship, Undergoes Knee Treatment Prior Appendectomy
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2