Dead Rat Found Inside A Birthday Cake Of 96-Year-Old Man
By Christine Lazaro | February 25, 2014 3:50 PM EST
(Video Credit: YouTube/NewsyVideos)
After discovering a dead rat inside his cake, it turns out to be a very "unhappy birthday" for a 96-year-old man.
Family members of Joseph Vallenti, 96, recalled how they found a dead rat inside the cake of their birthday celebrator, Huffington Post wrote.
According to the Neil Gold, who is dating Vallenti's niece, they bought the old man's favorite cake right in time for the special occasion. The German Apple Ring Cake was purchased from the King Kullen grocery located in Commack, New York.
When Things Got Wrong
Something odd was noticed with the cake after tasting it. Vallenti claimed he suffered from diarrhea after eating it. It was when one of them noticed something protruding from the cake's confection, which turned out to be a rat's tail about 5 inches long.
The lawyer said the birthday guy may not have contracted food poisoning but it is still necessary to let the cake be tested, The Denver Channel wrote. He added he personally thinks the cake was tampered.
As for the grocery's take...
An official statement from the grocery was also released. It read as follows:
"Product has been removed from the bakery and the premises have undergone a thorough inspection. There are no known safety or rodent issues in this bakery."
Other Messy Food Scenarios
This is not the first time that such odd things were discovered in the most ordinary types of food. Here are some other instances from the previous years:
- A woman claimed to have found a bird's feather in her McNugget in March 2012.
- A bus driver almost choked to death after having found a coil in his two chicken breasts in January 2012.
- A grocery store employee pleaded guilty for being given a yogurt sample with semen.
- A woman from Louisiana charged Applebee for damages with her claim that she found a fingertip in her lunch salad.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- 15 Orgasms/Week, $27K/Yr Salary Not Bad for Professional Toy Tester Cara Houiellebecq (VIDEO)
- Thai’s Crackdown on Commercial Surrogacy Exposes Aussie Couple’s Appalling Deed
- 2014 Perseid Meteor Shower vs. Supermoon: Best to View Meteor Shower Display before August 12 to 13 Peak
- Australian Wanted Man Threatens Terror in Australia, Demands Release of Muslim Prisoners
- U.S. Woman Wins $66 Million in Lottery
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports
- LG G2 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Guide: When to Hit Your Region and How to Install
- Update Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini with Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- LG G3 To Debut Moon Violet and Burgundy Red Shades in August; Upcoming LG Devices Roundup