Dead Rat Found Inside A Birthday Cake Of 96-Year-Old Man
By Christine Lazaro | February 25, 2014 3:50 PM EST
(Video Credit: YouTube/NewsyVideos)
After discovering a dead rat inside his cake, it turns out to be a very "unhappy birthday" for a 96-year-old man.
Family members of Joseph Vallenti, 96, recalled how they found a dead rat inside the cake of their birthday celebrator, Huffington Post wrote.
According to the Neil Gold, who is dating Vallenti's niece, they bought the old man's favorite cake right in time for the special occasion. The German Apple Ring Cake was purchased from the King Kullen grocery located in Commack, New York.
When Things Got Wrong
Something odd was noticed with the cake after tasting it. Vallenti claimed he suffered from diarrhea after eating it. It was when one of them noticed something protruding from the cake's confection, which turned out to be a rat's tail about 5 inches long.
The lawyer said the birthday guy may not have contracted food poisoning but it is still necessary to let the cake be tested, The Denver Channel wrote. He added he personally thinks the cake was tampered.
As for the grocery's take...
An official statement from the grocery was also released. It read as follows:
"Product has been removed from the bakery and the premises have undergone a thorough inspection. There are no known safety or rodent issues in this bakery."
Other Messy Food Scenarios
This is not the first time that such odd things were discovered in the most ordinary types of food. Here are some other instances from the previous years:
- A woman claimed to have found a bird's feather in her McNugget in March 2012.
- A bus driver almost choked to death after having found a coil in his two chicken breasts in January 2012.
- A grocery store employee pleaded guilty for being given a yogurt sample with semen.
- A woman from Louisiana charged Applebee for damages with her claim that she found a fingertip in her lunch salad.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Belgium Chocolate Maker ISIS Forced To Change Brand Name To Escape Customer Fury
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS