Kanye and Kim Wedding Moves Closer with Prenup Still an Issue
By Maychelle Ornos | February 25, 2014 3:39 PM EST
Prenuptial agreement among celebrities and famous people is common, especially since divorce and extra-marital affairs are common in the streets of Hollywood. Couples Kanye West and Kim Kardashian are not an exemption to this rule as they both exercise their rights in protecting their assets. However, the two seem to be at odds with the demands of the other, which leaves people asking if the wedding will still go on in May.
U.S. musician Kanye West (L) and companion Kim Kardashian arrive at the Givenchy Spring/Summer 2014 women's ready-to-wear fashion show during Paris Fashion Week September 29, 2013. REUTERS/Charles
There are still issues that both parties need to work out on but it seems that the extravagant wedding might still be able to push through. The money is not the problem for the couple but they are having disagreements on their expectations with the other when they finally tie the knot, according to The Hollywood Gossip.
For Kanye's demands, he has already stated that he wants to have another child but Kim is having second thoughts because she didn't like going through the pregnancy with their first child, especially now that she has regained her curvaceous body. However, Kanye is working hard in convincing his reality star fiancée to have another baby. Kim also wants her man to stay close to her and the baby which might prevent Kanye from taking overseas engagements.
Apparently, the couple is not the only ones who have a say in the marriage as Kim's reality star mother Kris Jenner also has some things to include in the agreement. Kim's mom is the one managing her which puts her mother in-charge of her Hollywood life but Kanye also includes a mother-in-law clause that prevents Kris from meddling with the couple's affair, according to Gist Ville.
Then again, this mother-in-law clause did not prevent Kris from telling Kim to include a penalty for Kanye when he cheats - a $10 million worth of penalty. Most Hollywood insiders believe this is a smart move for Kim since her sister Khloe is experiencing the troubles of divorce.
This makes sorting out the agreement hard for both parties. They might need to iron out the details of this prenup first before they finally tie the knot in summer.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Whose Life Changed Because of Sexual Abuse and Molestation
Join the Conversation
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People