Kanye and Kim Wedding Moves Closer with Prenup Still an Issue
By Maychelle Ornos | February 25, 2014 3:39 PM EST
Prenuptial agreement among celebrities and famous people is common, especially since divorce and extra-marital affairs are common in the streets of Hollywood. Couples Kanye West and Kim Kardashian are not an exemption to this rule as they both exercise their rights in protecting their assets. However, the two seem to be at odds with the demands of the other, which leaves people asking if the wedding will still go on in May.
U.S. musician Kanye West (L) and companion Kim Kardashian arrive at the Givenchy Spring/Summer 2014 women's ready-to-wear fashion show during Paris Fashion Week September 29, 2013. REUTERS/Charles
There are still issues that both parties need to work out on but it seems that the extravagant wedding might still be able to push through. The money is not the problem for the couple but they are having disagreements on their expectations with the other when they finally tie the knot, according to The Hollywood Gossip.
For Kanye's demands, he has already stated that he wants to have another child but Kim is having second thoughts because she didn't like going through the pregnancy with their first child, especially now that she has regained her curvaceous body. However, Kanye is working hard in convincing his reality star fiancée to have another baby. Kim also wants her man to stay close to her and the baby which might prevent Kanye from taking overseas engagements.
Apparently, the couple is not the only ones who have a say in the marriage as Kim's reality star mother Kris Jenner also has some things to include in the agreement. Kim's mom is the one managing her which puts her mother in-charge of her Hollywood life but Kanye also includes a mother-in-law clause that prevents Kris from meddling with the couple's affair, according to Gist Ville.
Then again, this mother-in-law clause did not prevent Kris from telling Kim to include a penalty for Kanye when he cheats - a $10 million worth of penalty. Most Hollywood insiders believe this is a smart move for Kim since her sister Khloe is experiencing the troubles of divorce.
This makes sorting out the agreement hard for both parties. They might need to iron out the details of this prenup first before they finally tie the knot in summer.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal